Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hostage standoff at Jewish market in Paris.Hostage Takers"We want to be martyrs"

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omg alot of hostages apparenty have been hurt their saying.

My prayers are with the victims.

The gunmen at the plant hostage taking believed to be the same gunman in the Charlie Hedbo massacre have both been killed by police.

Comment

Casualties confirmed including special forces wounded according to CNN source.

Industrial park hostage believed to be an employee of the plant that was under seige is said to be alive his hostage takers :

believed to be dead though unconfirmed.

The male suspect in the Paris Police woman shooting and Kosher market standoff is believed to be "accounted for" as police have also stormed the market with in minutes after the Factory siege ended.

The French female suspect believed to be the girlfreind of the cop killing suspect is reportedly still at large.

Comment

Originally posted by NextofKin View Post
        We now live in a new Era where terrorists no longer plan large scale spectacular attacks but smaller scale operations that are harder to detect but has the same intent.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/paris-te...in-stolen-car/

2 people have been reported shot dead at the Kosher market located in eastern Paris and 5 have been taken hostage.Additionally atleast one person has been taken hostage at a industrial plant north of Paris.

Police also have identified two more suspects(a white female and black male) as being connected to the terrorists involved in the Charlie Hedbo massacre.

I have a bad feeling that we are going to see guerilla style attacks like this in the U.S. sooner than later.
        It's kind of come full circle. As I said in the other thread, these kinds of attacks were very common in the 60s and 70s. However, with the formation of dedicated police and military counterterror units and the systematic crackdown on terrorism, most of organizations capable of mounting attacks like this were wiped out. So, they went to bombings, as bomb material could be acquired relatively inconspicuously, required only one or two people, and did not require live tactical training to carry out effectively. While bombing does cause fear, it also suggests that the terrorists cannot get to you when, where, and how they please. But, when they go in broad daylight to launch an actual paramilitary operation, it says that they are organized and powerful enough that the authorities cannot protect the citizens anymore. It's one thing to intimidate and terrorize people by blowing things up; it is another step up to basically say you can go and actually take ground, enforce your rule, and fight off the authorities who want to take it back.

From now on, we all need to be careful in shopping malls, transit systems, and in large crowds.
        "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
        -Chris Rock

Comment

French news is now saying that atleast 4 hostages at the Kosher market were killed along with the terrorist RIP.

Comment

New reports are that the two Charlie Hedbo terrorists that took a hostage at the industrial park actually FIRST came out of a room where they were hiding and attacked a nearby counter assault police team when their hostage found a way to escape from them.

When they charged the police they were shot and killed.

Comment

Originally posted by JasperST View Post
              France may want to rethink its' immigration policy after this.
              I believe they are French-born. The problem with homegrown radicalization is that the pool of potential suspects is the entire population, not just foreigners as was once the case. This is the new generation of warfare the world will bear witness to in the next decade.
              sigpic

"I pity guys like you, I truly do. Everything you own and have you can thank the job for and still you despise it. I don't understand how any man can choose a career, hate it from the beginning, not have the balls to leave, and then complain about it once he's retired."

-Thee Rant (surprisingly)

Originally posted by NYCTNT
              DF,

Why do you bother?

Comment

I hope they apprehend/neutralize the remaining terrorists. My prayers goes to the fallen/victims of these vicious attacks at France and everywhere around the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Country_Jim View Post
                  My prayers are with France.

It will only be a matter of time before this happens on U.S. soil.
                  Two words -- Nidal Hasan.

Comment

It will only be a matter of time before this happens on U.S. soil.
                    Already has...
                    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by Shush View Post
                      Two words -- Nidal Hasan.
                      I'd still equate him with a bomber. He was a guy who supported Islamic terrorism but was, from what we can see, acting alone. These attacks in Paris are actual paramilitary strikes and are a way of saying "we are in a position to use ground troops and actually penetrate your defenses."

I believe that groups like this are here in the U.S. now. It'll just be a matter of time before they hit.
                      "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
                      -Chris Rock

Comment

This is just wrong. I hope everyone out there be safe, and be aware of your surroundings.
                        Last edited by Talal; 02-03-2015, 11:49 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5706 users online. 362 members and 5344 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X