Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kentucky Newspaper Retracts "Major Error" in Police Story

KENTUCKY NEWSPAPER RETRACTS ‘MAJOR ERROR’ IN POLICE STORY

I was a journalist, many years ago. Back then, a quote like that would have hit a wall at the copy desk, with editors screaming "WTF???" and calling the sheriff to confirm he really said that.

Originally posted by Seventy2002 View Post

I was a journalist, many years ago. Back then, a quote like that would have hit a wall at the copy desk, with editors screaming "WTF???" and calling the sheriff to confirm he really said that.

Here Here.

Comment

Not surprised. Our local "journalists" can't even be bothered to use spell check. And I think the news copy editor is a high school freshman who works on stories for extra credit as he/she has time.

Comment

-30- used to mean something...
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by Seventy2002 View Post

It was copy editors who did this. That makes it even worse.

This isn't the first time that people have screwed around and did stupid things like this trying to have some warped "fun," it ended up in the paper, and they ended up out the door ... as they damn well should have. In-freaking-excusable. You don't play in these situations. You take it seriously.

The problem is that nobody seems to take anything seriously anymore.

Comment

That's cause everyone is a journalist today. harry the plumber and dave the electrician ....gimmie a break..

Comment

I heard a good line in a Humphrey Bogart movie about a newspaper company a few days ago. A guys says "a reporter is any eyewitness, a journalist is a hero". I think they all eager to be heroes these days.

Comment

Originally posted by btfp View Post
                That's cause everyone is a journalist today. harry the plumber and dave the electrician ....gimmie a break..
                Yup, any monkey with a keyboard and a twitter account can call themselves a journalist these days.
                He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High
                shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
                - Psalm 91:1

On Ignore - A few folks.

Comment

Great way to throw away a career.
                  Originally posted by RSGSRT
                  We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                  Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

If I were the Sheriff, I would sue the **** out of the journalists.

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
                      Not surprised. Our local "journalists" can't even be bothered to use spell check.
                      I think the geniuses at our local weekly paper rely on spell-check too much. That leads to stupid stuff like a recent article about how two mopes "prayed" on an elderly victim.

And I think the news copy editor is a high school freshman who works on stories for extra credit as he/she has time.
                      Or maybe copy editors need to be tested for reading level, given regular eye exams, and take random urine tests. Because drugs're bad, m'kay. no-no-no.gif
                      --
                      Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5433 users online. 309 members and 5124 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X