Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bronx Shootout with armed robbery suspects leaves 2 more NYPD officers shot!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bronx Shootout with armed robbery suspects leaves 2 more NYPD officers shot!

    http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/05/us/new...hot/index.html

    Luckily this time both are in "gaurded condition" and expected to survive.

    A massive manhunt is underway for between 2 to 8 suspects who fled in a single vehicle.

    Stay safe out there this winter folks.

  • #2
    Damn it.

    Wishes for a speedy recovery for both officers.

    Comment


    • #3
      How bout ya there, Barack, Eric, Jessie, Al, Di Blowsio?? Let's see how "Stick, Slick, and Andrea spin this one.

      Comment


      • #4
        Good to hear it wasn't fatal.

        2-8 suspects in one vehicle?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by GQNY View Post
          Good to hear it wasn't fatal.

          2-8 suspects in one vehicle?
          Perhaps the detectives should go visit the Shriners...
          This Space For Rent

          Comment


          • #6
            http://www.lawofficer.com/article/ne...cer-shot-durin

            He's been caught.
            If only cop killers could be treated like terrorist and sent to Guantanamo Bay. The officers should have responded to the armed robbery with assault rifles while wearing combat helmets and body armor.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by altaccount1992 View Post
              http://www.lawofficer.com/article/ne...cer-shot-durin

              He's been caught.
              If only cop killers could be treated like terrorist and sent to Guantanamo Bay. The officers should have responded to the armed robbery with assault rifles while wearing combat helmets and body armor.
              The NYPD has Multiple ESU trucks with the above equipment rolling 24/7. The big truck is at the station on call. No need for all NYPD cops to be suited up like that.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BNWS View Post
                The NYPD has Multiple ESU trucks with the above equipment rolling 24/7. The big truck is at the station on call. No need for all NYPD cops to be suited up like that.
                But if they were responded to a situation involving armed suspects they should have at least gotten out the long guns and vests.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Only ESU has access to heavy weapons and gear. Patrol Officers have their sidearms. The Officers involved in this incident were in plainclothes. Officers can't always wait for gear when a robbery is in progress, they must respond.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by altaccount1992 View Post
                    But if they were responded to a situation involving armed suspects they should have at least gotten out the long guns and vests.
                    SMH... Are you knowledgeable on NYPD policy for use of patrol rifles or dealing with armed individuals? I know I am not BECAUSE I DON'T WORK THERE.Quit the monday morning QB thought process. Have you personally been in this situation (or ANY situation for that matter) in which the judgement call you make affects the very lives of EVERYONE around you specifically if they live or die?

                    ...Seems like someone has been watching too much TV cops shows. I tell you what. Keep the procedural ideas to yourself until you get an with an agency and get a few years under your belt.
                    US Army Veteran
                    The opinions expressed above are not those of any official capacity or agency. Fix yourself.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by darkhorse6 View Post
                      SMH... Are you knowledgeable on NYPD policy for use of patrol rifles or dealing with armed individuals? I know I am not BECAUSE I DON'T WORK THERE.Quit the monday morning QB thought process. Have you personally been in this situation (or ANY situation for that matter) in which the judgement call you make affects the very lives of EVERYONE around you specifically if they live or die?

                      ...Seems like someone has been watching too much TV cops shows. I tell you what. Keep the procedural ideas to yourself until you get an with an agency and get a few years under your belt.
                      I've been on ride alongs. The officer was responding to a call of an armed suspect. When we arrived he went into his trunk and put on his vest and equipped an automatic rifle before going to search for him and apprehended him. The police should just always be able to outgun the armed criminals and not have to wait on an emergency response unit. The days of cops carrying six shooters has been over for a long time.
                      Last edited by altaccount1992; 01-08-2015, 06:40 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Our department has recently authorized us to carry AR-15 rifles, so long as it's on our approved manufacturers list and we have to qualify with it on the gun range before permitted to carry in our car. I'd say maybe 30% of our officers have one as of now. As it stands we have to buy our own (I do not have one) but I wouldn't be surprised if they are issued eventually. As it stands we have a shotgun issued alongside our sidearm.
                        Last edited by Ignite; 01-08-2015, 11:30 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by altaccount1992 View Post
                          I've been on ride alongs. The officer was responding to a call of an armed suspect. When we arrived he went into his trunk and put on his vest and equipped an automatic rifle before going to search for him and apprehended him. The police should just always be able to outgun the armed criminals and not have to wait on an emergency response unit.
                          See the below quote. Ride alongs only give you the tip of the iceberg and are NOT a basis for learning or experience.

                          Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                          Only ESU has access to heavy weapons and gear. Patrol Officers have their sidearms. The Officers involved in this incident were in plainclothes. Officers can't always wait for gear when a robbery is in progress, they must respond.
                          You want to become a police officer, yes? Florida, possibly Miami Dade perhaps? You also mentioned joining the army. Based on your replies to the different threads I am noticing a trend. You've got some growing up to do in the real world. I know you haven't answered a few of my previous questions on other threads, but that doesn't matter. You need to read the oath of office for the military and figure out what it means. People agree and disagree on many things in life. This is one of those places where people can basically say what they want and argue or agree or whatever.

                          You need to ask yourself why you want to become a police officer or soldier. You need to realize that most of the replies you are getting on these forums are from men and women that have taken the oath very seriously. Individuals with lots of experience in the job fields that you are trying to get in. If you truly want to serve your country and all it's citizens, do more reading of the multitude of posts at your disposal. Utilize the search function, with the focus of using your eyes and ears more than your mouth. Figure out what you want to do in life and go for it. The question you have to ask yourself is are you ready to commit? Have you talked to an Army recruiter?

                          Do what you gotta do, but shy away from the political/procedural comments. Focus on your future, post less craziness, and read a lot more.
                          US Army Veteran
                          The opinions expressed above are not those of any official capacity or agency. Fix yourself.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by altaccount1992 View Post
                            I've been on ride alongs. The officer was responding to a call of an armed suspect. When we arrived he went into his trunk and put on his vest and equipped an automatic rifle before going to search for him and apprehended him. The police should just always be able to outgun the armed criminals and not have to wait on an emergency response unit. The days of cops carrying six shooters has been over for a long time.
                            x 10,000
                            Originally posted by RSGSRT
                            We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                            Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by altaccount1992 View Post
                              But if they were responded to a situation involving armed suspects they should have at least gotten out the long guns and vests.
                              Not necessarily. Cops handcuff people far more often than they shoot them. You have no idea how hard it is to arrest somebody while holding a rifle.

                              I've been on ride alongs.
                              Translation: I have no idea what I'm talking about, but I'M still right and YOU all are still wrong.

                              Got it.
                              "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

                              "With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 6239 users online. 330 members and 5909 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X