Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random Parking lot used for Police Vehicle Storage?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Parking lot used for Police Vehicle Storage?

Howdy Guys. For starters, this picture was taken near Plano, Texas in the parking lot of one of the MANY movie theaters in the Dallas/FT.Worth area. Most of the vehicles in the photo are Texas DPS Patrol cars, however some of them were marked as Garland or Plano PD as well as a couple unmarked cruisers. There were several more cruisers parked to the right of the photo. There was nothing significant in the area besides some retail stores and the theater. No signs of any officers in the area. Just curious as to why they were there? If any one has any ideas, please feel free to throw them out there! :P
    Attached Files

There is no telling, could be a storage lot, could be training, could be an incident nearby, could be just about anything. No address, no date makes it much harder to figure out even using open source information.

If it was taken on Dec. 24, there was a fight and a subsequent vehicle accident with a fatality near Alma Drive. DPS routinely investigates fatality accidents when on a road that's also a highway or when requested by an agency. They even closed the road in that area while they recreated the accident and finished their investigation.

Before anyone gets on me about putting out information, this info is from newspapers and other media sources.

Comment

Originally posted by eaker995 View Post
      There is no telling, could be a storage lot, could be training, could be an incident nearby, could be just about anything. No address, no date makes it much harder to figure out even using open source information.

If it was taken on Dec. 24, there was a fight and a subsequent vehicle accident with a fatality near Alma Drive. DPS routinely investigates fatality accidents when on a road that's also a highway or when requested by an agency. They even closed the road in that area while they recreated the accident and finished their investigation.

Before anyone gets on me about putting out information, this info is from newspapers and other media sources.

Well, actually we should jump you for that. But, also at the risk of getting "jumped" for unauthorized distribution of highly classified information , I've been advised from a highly placed source that: the photograph referenced and depicted is a concentration of mobile crime fighting vehicles parked outside the Backup Bat Cave.

The occasion was a convocation of "Conservators of the Peace" who desired to hold their annual meeting in a venue other than the current Bat Cave now inhabited by an occasional and often totally ludicrous "poster" we've grown to know and, well, tolerate.

OP, disregard this^^^^ and refer to my colleague's reply. It's far closer to the truth.

This group of crime fighting vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
        Well, actually we should jump you for that. But, also at the risk of getting "jumped" for unauthorized distribution of highly classified information , I've been advised from a highly placed source that: the photograph referenced and depicted is a concentration of mobile crime fighting vehicles parked outside the Backup Bat Cave.

The occasion was a convocation of "Conservators of the Peace" who desired to hold their annual meeting in a venue other than the current Bat Cave now inhabited by an occasional and often totally ludicrous "poster" we've grown to know and, well, tolerate.

OP, disregard this^^^^ and refer to my colleague's reply. It's far closer to the truth.

This group of crime fighting vehicles
        Well no worries PhillipCal, I was only making sure people know I'm not putting out LEO restricted info. If I was, I'd expect people to get on me. I don't even know why those vehicles were there as much as anyone else. He asked so I did a google search and came across the news article just as anyone else can do.

Edit: took me a minute to see the joke. I'm getting slow.

Comment

Originally posted by eaker995 View Post

Edit: took me a minute to see the joke. I'm getting slow.
          REAL slow.......................................
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Maybe they were watching a movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmg View Post
              Maybe they were watching a movie.
              Bingo.

They were all there to see the latest Police Academy movie as in-service training to bring their credentials up to meet the standards of Conservator of the Peas.
              This Space For Rent

Comment

due to the horrible quality of that picture I cant even tell what those cars are or how many.
                "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Comment

Originally posted by lpstopper View Post
                  due to the horrible quality of that picture I cant even tell what those cars are or how many.
                  Well, my vision may be better than yours, but you brought up a good point. For those that are visually challenged, here are the specific vehicles from left to right: 4 Texas DPS Dodge Chargers, 2 more Texas DPS Dodge Chargers, an unmarked black Dodge Charger (Assuming it is Texas DPS as well), 2 more Texas DPS vehicles (One of which is a Crown Vic), and a Garland PD Dodge Charger. There was another local cruiser and a couple more DPS cruisers to the right of the photo.

Comment

Originally posted by US_Army_Logan View Post
                    Well, my vision may be better than yours, but you brought up a good point. For those that are visually challenged, here are the specific vehicles from left to right: 4 Texas DPS Dodge Chargers, 2 more Texas DPS Dodge Chargers, an unmarked black Dodge Charger (Assuming it is Texas DPS as well), 2 more Texas DPS vehicles (One of which is a Crown Vic), and a Garland PD Dodge Charger. There was another local cruiser and a couple more DPS cruisers to the right of the photo.
                    No, it is a p i s s poor photo

And I assure you that placing that photo into my photo manipulation software didn't help me identify anything other than shapes
                    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

Sometimes tour buses will have people drive their POV's to a lightly used corner of a mall parking lot or someplace similar, load up, then take the riders from there. How long ago was the picture taken? Possibly a bunch of officers going to New York City on a charter bus?
                      When you are dead, you don't know you're dead. It is difficult only for the others around you.

It is the same when you are stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom S View Post
                        Sometimes tour buses will have people drive their POV's to a lightly used corner of a mall parking lot or someplace similar, load up, then take the riders from there. How long ago was the picture taken? Possibly a bunch of officers going to New York City on a charter bus?
                        That wouldn't happen to a group of police cars...............

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                          No, it is a p i s s poor photo

And I assure you that placing that photo into my photo manipulation software didn't help me identify anything other than shapes
                          To be fair, he did take the photo all the way from Germany. That's a pretty good photo considering the distance.
                          Originally posted by RSGSRT
                          We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                          Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

They were there screening the Interview, making sure nothing was happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom S View Post
                              Pic was taken when I was on leave in early December, the 7th i believe.
                              Last edited by US_Army_Logan; 01-06-2015, 12:29 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3671 users online. 192 members and 3479 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X