• PtownVAMike
    replied
    Here's some info to back up what I said:

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/dai...ntry-1.2032359

Leave a comment:

• don757
    replied
    Originally posted by PtownVAMike View Post
    De Blasio is a commie wolf in liberal sheep's clothing. And he has made no bones about hating the NYPD.

As for Sharpton, he makes "friends" via extortion.
    Explain and cite how he "hates" the NYPD? Should be easy being that he "made no bones about" it.

Leave a comment:

• PtownVAMike
    replied
    De Blasio is a commie wolf in liberal sheep's clothing. And he has made no bones about hating the NYPD.

As for Sharpton, he makes "friends" via extortion.

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    The ignorance displayed by Don is just stunning...

Leave a comment:

• DigitalFrenchie
    replied
    Originally posted by don757 View Post
    Because he gave good advice to his mixed son. He stated that:

The reality of it all is that it's no secret that many, but not most, young Black males in urban settings statistically commit a disportionate amount of crimes. Naturally, there will be biased, or caution if you will, when encountering Black males suspected of committing a crime vs other races.

Next, DeBlasio's advice to his son is also backed by a study which was published in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology which found that some in law enforement veiw Black boys as older, less innocent, and more of a threat than Whites.

What DeBlasio told his son about not making any sudden moves was good reality based advice , but not politically correct advice. As the mayor of NY, he isn't supposed to go against officers in any way. He's not supposed to speak his mind. Because of what he told his son, he's being accused of "turning his back on police", and also of being responsible for the deaths of the two officers that were killed. All of which is completely asinine and blown out of proportion. He did NOT accuse all officers of being racist. He said that the chances of his African American son's actions during a police encounter being taken as a sign of aggression is higher than Whites. I do not disagree. Lets face it, there aren't many people being stopped and frisked in predominantly White neighborhoods.

[edit] He is also NOT best pals with Al Sharpton, and many people's imagination have been going wild.
    lmao

Leave a comment:

• don757
    replied
    Originally posted by Laurendale View Post
    This has been talked to death by now, but I'm not quite sure I understand. With the recent gigantic neon middle-fingers displayed by the NYPD, I just have to ask: what's the problem with DeBlasio?

I get the comments he made in that press conference once, and I see how that would cheese a lot of officers off. But, beyond that, what? I read just now in a different topic that he "ran on a 'cops are bad' platform." What does that mean?

Thanks in advance, O.com, and please forgive me. I'm about as far removed from NY politics as they come (farther from NYPD sentiments), and I haven't done the legwork. I really wouldn't know how to phrase the search. So, your opinions?
    Because he gave good advice to his mixed son. He stated that:

Originally posted by Mayor DeBlasio
    “With Dante, very early on, we said, ‘Look, if a police officer stops you, do everything he tells you to do. Don’t move suddenly. Don’t reach for your cellphone,’” said deBlasio. “Because we knew, sadly, there’s a greater chance it might be misinterpreted if it was a young man of color.”
    The reality of it all is that it's no secret that many, but not most, young Black males in urban settings statistically commit a disportionate amount of crimes. Naturally, there will be biased, or caution if you will, when encountering Black males suspected of committing a crime vs other races.

Next, DeBlasio's advice to his son is also backed by a study which was published in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology which found that some in law enforement veiw Black boys as older, less innocent, and more of a threat than Whites.

What DeBlasio told his son about not making any sudden moves was good reality based advice , but not politically correct advice. As the mayor of NY, he isn't supposed to go against officers in any way. He's not supposed to speak his mind. Because of what he told his son, he's being accused of "turning his back on police", and also of being responsible for the deaths of the two officers that were killed. All of which is completely asinine and blown out of proportion. He did NOT accuse all officers of being racist. He said that the chances of his African American son's actions during a police encounter being taken as a sign of aggression is higher than Whites. I do not disagree. Lets face it, there aren't many people being stopped and frisked in predominantly White neighborhoods.

[edit] He is also NOT best pals with Al Sharpton, and many people's imagination have been going wild.
    Last edited by don757; 01-02-2015, 04:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Codz95
    replied
    Not an LEO, but the guy has been consistantly anti-NYPD throughout his political career. He's best buds with Al Sharpton, who is one will through any and all cops under the bus to advance his own political goals. The comment he made about his son was a slap in the face to every single current and former officer that has ever served in the NYPD. He's a hypocrite, and all the sympathy he's getting about this is only enflaming things further. Ever since Officer Ramos' funeral it's been a huge pity party for DeBlasio.

Leave a comment:

• So Fla Cop
    replied
    There is not enough internet space to explain.

Leave a comment:

• tj05
    replied
    Originally posted by Laurendale View Post
    This has been talked to death by now, but I'm not quite sure I understand. With the recent gigantic neon middle-fingers displayed by the NYPD, I just have to ask: what's the problem with DeBlasio?

I get the comments he made in that press conference once, and I see how that would cheese a lot of officers off. But, beyond that, what? I read just now in a different topic that he "ran on a 'cops are bad' platform." What does that mean?

Thanks in advance, O.com, and please forgive me. I'm about as far removed from NY politics as they come (farther from NYPD sentiments), and I haven't done the legwork. I really wouldn't know how to phrase the search. So, your opinions?
    Google is your friend.

Leave a comment:

• Laurendale
    started a topic DeBlasio

DeBlasio

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2827 users online. 164 members and 2663 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X