300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [email protected]
    Let me be the rare counterpoint in this thread.

1: Completely legitimate and was constitutionally elected on that platform. One could argue that by following it even in the face of the events, he's kept the faith with the voters that put him in office on that platform.

2: You're making a subjective assumption there that the money is ridiculous. The Central Park Five, for example, is a case where 5 individuals spent years in prison on a crime they didn't commit and were then put onto the sex offender registry. It's worth mentioning that even after that, the NYPD refused to recant their opinion that they had been involved in the crime, even though there's absolutely no forensic evidence to suggest that. When he settled the case, it avoided the risk of losing to the full 250 million dollar that was gaining momentum.

3: It sounds like honesty from someone to me. You can find thousands of examples of people agreeing that they've had that conversation with their kid. So because he's a politician, we're preferring that he actually not be candid? I'd rather have someone be candid and say something I don't like than have someone lying so I don't know their position.

4: Centuries of racism is a stretch, but black men being killed by the police isn't a rarity. That's just an objective truth. It doesn't mean they weren't good use of force, it just means it's happening.

5: That's a questionable issue, to be certain. I'm not sure it "attacks the core of the laws" though.

6: He didn't "choose to align himself with Al Sharpton". He aligned himself with a position he held even during his campaign, and a position that has been held up in protest groups across the country. That's his choice, and considering his positions that got him elected, consistent.

7: I assume you're talking about Rachel Noerdlinger. I'm unable to find anything other than some tax liens and the fact that her boyfriend had a criminal record and her children had some trouble. I don't see this "many illegal activities" that you're referencing. You'll have to source this, because I'm calling bs.

8: If there's a protest of thousands of people and some of them make unacceptable comments, it doesn't wipe out the constitutional protections of the rest to protest, and it's my personal opinion that politicians should always "advocate" meaning support the right of people to freely assemble and protest against governmental issues. For him to do otherwise is appalling.

9: I've not seen anything to support this, and it's a trivial little issue that distracts from real debate.
    To be honest I like to hear opposing views. In fact I go out of my way to surround myself with people who aren't just telling me what I want to her. But your post is not the least bit convincing. Not even a little.

Comment

The arresting officer of the central park five has a lot to say about the decision. Here is his facebook statement on the case.

https://www.facebook.com/eric1062/posts/922117687816702

Comment

While little "johnnie" is entitled to his point of view, skewed as it is, he should learn that respect is commanded as opposed to demanded. People of Bi Blasio's ilk are essentially beneath contempt. They deserve no respect. They are, at the base liars, traitors, demagogues, enemies of personal liberty, and conspirators who change this republic into a "Nanny-State" where government provides the answer to all of our needs.

If "johnnie" and others of his pursuasion desire to buy into this tyranny, this irresponsible rhetoric, and support the people who spout it, that is his privilege. However, he's on the wrong forum to have his warped perspectives applauded and endorsed.

Di Blasio, in concert with this co-conspirators, Obama, Holder, Sharpton, Jackson et al, have the blood of at least two Police Officers on their hands, and in an ironic sense, they also bear a portion, a large portion of guilt for the deaths on lawbreakers in Ferguson Mo, and more recently in NYC. Some people will never understand, let alone admit that. These are the same people who, for all the world can't see the forest for the trees.

These people are suckers and takers. They continue to enjoy freedom, personal freedom, obtained on the backs and by the blood of thousands of soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines, and defended locally by the very police they malign, accuse, disrespect and hold in contempt.

What they don't seem to fathom, what they can't seem to fathom, is that we hold them and their hero's and instigators in the same contempt. The difference is, our contempt is totally justified, and re-enforced on a daily basis.

"johnnies" heros continue to preach dependency, entitlement, denial of personal responsibility. They perpetuate the "New Slavery". Racial harmony, mutual respect, mutual trust, are the enemies of the racism, discord, and destruction they desire so deeply. Sharpton, Jackson, Obama, Holder & Co. would actually have to work for a living, and will, when people of good will decide they've had enough of this crap spouted and perpetuated by DiBlasio, and Johnnie's hero's previously mentioned.

If "Johnnie" is an adult, he can regale his Chablis sipping, liberal, WUS friends with tales of how he stood up to those cops. OTH, if he's a juvenile, (and the evidence would seem to point to that) he can continue to live for free, in the manner of his hero's, in the comfort of Mommy's basement. Either way, his buddies, the aforementioned detritus, will remain the contemptible , no load, ethical, moral cowards they are. They deserve to see nothing but the backs of real men and women everywhere they have the poor taste to show up.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
          While little "johnnie" is entitled to his point of view, skewed as it is, he should learn that respect is commanded as opposed to demanded. People of Bi Blasio's ilk are essentially beneath contempt. They deserve no respect. They are, at the base liars, traitors, demagogues, enemies of personal liberty, and conspirators who change this republic into a "Nanny-State" where government provides the answer to all of our needs.

If "johnnie" and others of his pursuasion desire to buy into this tyranny, this irresponsible rhetoric, and support the people who spout it, that is his privilege. However, he's on the wrong forum to have his warped perspectives applauded and endorsed.

Di Blasio, in concert with this co-conspirators, Obama, Holder, Sharpton, Jackson et al, have the blood of at least two Police Officers on their hands, and in an ironic sense, they also bear a portion, a large portion of guilt for the deaths on lawbreakers in Ferguson Mo, and more recently in NYC. Some people will never understand, let alone admit that. These are the same people who, for all the world can't see the forest for the trees.

These people are suckers and takers. They continue to enjoy freedom, personal freedom, obtained on the backs and by the blood of thousands of soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines, and defended locally by the very police they malign, accuse, disrespect and hold in contempt.

What they don't seem to fathom, what they can't seem to fathom, is that we hold them and their hero's and instigators in the same contempt. The difference is, our contempt is totally justified, and re-enforced on a daily basis.

"johnnies" heros continue to preach dependency, entitlement, denial of personal responsibility. They perpetuate the "New Slavery". Racial harmony, mutual respect, mutual trust, are the enemies of the racism, discord, and destruction they desire so deeply. Sharpton, Jackson, Obama, Holder & Co. would actually have to work for a living, and will, when people of good will decide they've had enough of this crap spouted and perpetuated by DiBlasio, and Johnnie's hero's previously mentioned.

If "Johnnie" is an adult, he can regale his Chablis sipping, liberal, WUS friends with tales of how he stood up to those cops. OTH, if he's a juvenile, (and the evidence would seem to point to that) he can continue to live for free, in the manner of his hero's, in the comfort of Mommy's basement. Either way, his buddies, the aforementioned detritus, will remain the contemptible , no load, ethical, moral cowards they are. They deserve to see nothing but the backs of real men and women everywhere they have the poor taste to show up.
          I wish O.com had that smiley that is a clapping hand. I'd just post a few dozen of those instead of any words.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post

In the absence of the smiley I was looking for, this one will do...

Comment

You're only allowed so many on a page so....

Comment

Here ya go, Emma:

I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
                  Here ya go, Emma:

Thanks, Rudy. That's even better than the little smiley I was envisioning.

Comment

I find it disconcerting that you use the word "rhetoric" in one sentence to malign and then in the next paragraph discuss the "blood on their hands" as if that's not rhetoric as well, but simply a well decided and reasoned position of fact. It's especially disconcerting when it's attached to a criticism of people's exercise of their constitutional rights.
                    The rhetoric that comes from an every- day- average- protesting- citizen is NOT the same, not even close, to rhetoric coming from a governmental leader like a mayor, an attorney general, or a President.

It drives me nuts when liberals claim there is.

If you need a visual - it's kinda like thinking the average Russian protestor has as much power as Putin.

Comment

Johnnie.........I am only going to comment on the Central Park rape trial. Those five defendants were absolutely guilty. I was at the trial, saw the evidence, heard the testimony.The prosecutors were top notch and all the evidence including the "unknown" DNA was presented to the jury. I law the taped confessions, there was no coercion. The decision to free the five was the result of Morgenthau, in his cottage, listening to an ADA who had a personal vendetta against the actual prosecutor. In my career I dealt with all the actors in this case.
                      Last edited by Dinosaur32; 01-10-2015, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                        Johnnie.........I am only going to comment on the Central Park rape trial. Those five defendants were absolutely guilty. I was at the trial, saw the evidence, heard the testimony.The prosecutors were top notch and all the evidence including the "unknown" DNA was presented to the jury. I the taped confessions there was no coercion. The decision to free the five was the result of Morgenthau, in his cottage, listening to an ADA who had a personal vendetta against the actual prosecutor. In my career I dealt with all the actors in this case.
                        Don't confuse him with facts
                        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

[[email protected];3578428]I believe this is a police forum, not a conservative forum. As such, I'm fairly certain I'm in the right place.

As to my being a child instead of who I am, I'll say this. I had a skateboard with plastic rails from Toys R Us. I took Guns N' Roses side in the battle against Metallica. I watched the Challenger blow up from my 5th grade classroom and I wrote a social studies report on the Berlin Wall coming down.

I'm 36 years old, and you can dispense with the ridiculously immature insults if you intend to keep insisting that you're the mature one in this conversation. I've laid out my points like an adult, including my opinions on De Blasio's campaign and his reasons for supporting protesters.

I find it disconcerting that you use the word "rhetoric" in one sentence to malign and then in the next paragraph discuss the "blood on their hands" as if that's not rhetoric as well, but simply a well decided and reasoned position of fact. It's especially disconcerting when it's attached to a criticism of people's exercise of their constitutional rights.

People protested. Some of them were bad seeds. To say that they, or the people who gain the most attention in their support of them, are somehow personally responsible for the death of the officers is at the minimum a dog whistle for a restriction on their speech, a restriction on their access to the people in power.

I don't consider it outside a politician's purview to support protester's rights, especially when that politician's campaign policies are in line with what those people are protesting. You may not like him, but it's been clearly mentioned that NY citizen's issues with the NYPD were a significant part of his campaign and as he was voted in, it's reasonable to believe that he has a responsibility to those citizens who voted him in.

We have a representational democracy, which means that those citizens who voted for him don't get the opportunity to enact policy directly, they're required to elect individuals who represent their viewpoints and policy wishes. That's exactly what he was doing, and it's how our system is supposed to work.

Now, if you have a problem with what I've just said, that's fine. But if you pretend that what I've just said is some sort of 13 year old banging his hands on the keyboard, then you're either a fool or a liar. Either you're not capable of recognizing an alternative position in an argument or you can see it but you refuse to acknowledge it.

A final aside: Having an opposing position to someone is not trolling.[/QUOTE

With each succeeding post you confirm not only my assessment of you, but that of the forum as well. You're simply one more WUS liberal jerk *** demanding respect and attempting, without success I might add, to defend ethically, morally bankrupt positions.

Your hero's are equally morally, ethically, and intellectually bankrupt. I've mentioned them in prior posts, so even you should know who they are. On their best day, they are worthy of contempt. They deserve to see the backs of men and women possessed of integrity, courage and commitment. Attributes which your hero's so sadly and tragically lack.

Once more, here you are demanding respect, crying, slinging snot and blame, and in general behaving like a typical liberal idiot. If that pleases you, and obviously it does, please continue to do do by all means. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence, which doesn't seem to include you, would conclude that you've really built a consensus here. an consensus which essentially holds you, your buddies, your views in the utter contempt which you deserve.

Now you can tell me (us) and the rest of this board how intelligent and mature you are, and continue to demonstrate what a demonstrable juvenile crybaby you actually are. Oh, and make no mistake about it. You're a troll. Now report me to Hillary.

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
                            The rhetoric that comes from an every- day- average- protesting- citizen is NOT the same, not even close, to rhetoric coming from a governmental leader like a mayor, an attorney general, or a President.

It drives me nuts when liberals claim there is.

If you need a visual - it's kinda like thinking the average Russian protestor has as much power as Putin.

Emma, verbose and idiotic as he is, little "johnnie" has once more confirmed the ancient wisdom with respect to arguing with idiots.
                            In true liberal B.S. fashion he attempts to defend people who are nothing but human trash, and who represent a totally bankrupt list of "values" and beliefs.

Essential, basic truth, demonstrable evidence, conclusive proof, are all beyond the pale of people like our little troll "Johnnie" They simply cannot, simply will not EVER get it. Perhaps they should move to Russia. But when they came back, if they came back, they'd still be as lacking in intellectual firepower, ethics, and decency as they currently are.

It's a basic right to be a dumb*** in this country, perhaps we'd be better served were we to allow "johnnie" to continue to exercise that right.

Comment

A bit misleading here, aren't we? The rhetoric that he's using has also been used by the police union and others who have similar status to De Blasio in terms of media exposure. You seem to be implying that there's no counterpoint to the level of rhetoric that De Blasio is using, but that's untrue. Police unions, media identities, conservative politicians and others have all been using the "blood on their hands rhetoric" so I'm completely within reason when I compare the two.
                              Do police union spokesmen have the power to incarcerate you....or tax you? Do they have the power of the entire GOVERNMENT behind them?

Do media personalities have the power to incarcerate you or tax you? Do they have the entire GOVERNMENT behind them?

A mayor, an AG, and a President have formidable powers these people don't have.

As for conservative politicians, I've been watching most of THEM say they disagree with the "blood on his hands" wording. Show me a current conservative GOVERNMENT leader saying the words, "blood on his hands."

Your argument continues to fail.

Comment

More on the jogger case

http://www.wsj.com/articles/michael-...ase-1406674229

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5440 users online. 343 members and 5097 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X