300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeBlasio

This has been talked to death by now, but I'm not quite sure I understand. With the recent gigantic neon middle-fingers displayed by the NYPD, I just have to ask: what's the problem with DeBlasio?

I get the comments he made in that press conference once, and I see how that would cheese a lot of officers off. But, beyond that, what? I read just now in a different topic that he "ran on a 'cops are bad' platform." What does that mean?

Thanks in advance, O.com, and please forgive me. I'm about as far removed from NY politics as they come (farther from NYPD sentiments), and I haven't done the legwork. I really wouldn't know how to phrase the search. So, your opinions?

Originally posted by Laurendale View Post
    This has been talked to death by now, but I'm not quite sure I understand. With the recent gigantic neon middle-fingers displayed by the NYPD, I just have to ask: what's the problem with DeBlasio?

I get the comments he made in that press conference once, and I see how that would cheese a lot of officers off. But, beyond that, what? I read just now in a different topic that he "ran on a 'cops are bad' platform." What does that mean?

Thanks in advance, O.com, and please forgive me. I'm about as far removed from NY politics as they come (farther from NYPD sentiments), and I haven't done the legwork. I really wouldn't know how to phrase the search. So, your opinions?
    Google is your friend.

Comment

There is not enough internet space to explain.
      September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

Not an LEO, but the guy has been consistantly anti-NYPD throughout his political career. He's best buds with Al Sharpton, who is one will through any and all cops under the bus to advance his own political goals. The comment he made about his son was a slap in the face to every single current and former officer that has ever served in the NYPD. He's a hypocrite, and all the sympathy he's getting about this is only enflaming things further. Ever since Officer Ramos' funeral it's been a huge pity party for DeBlasio.
        Atlanta & Los Angeles

Comment

Originally posted by Laurendale View Post

Because he gave good advice to his mixed son. He stated that:

Originally posted by Mayor DeBlasio
          “With Dante, very early on, we said, ‘Look, if a police officer stops you, do everything he tells you to do. Don’t move suddenly. Don’t reach for your cellphone,’” said deBlasio. “Because we knew, sadly, there’s a greater chance it might be misinterpreted if it was a young man of color.”
          The reality of it all is that it's no secret that many, but not most, young Black males in urban settings statistically commit a disportionate amount of crimes. Naturally, there will be biased, or caution if you will, when encountering Black males suspected of committing a crime vs other races.

Next, DeBlasio's advice to his son is also backed by a study which was published in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology which found that some in law enforement veiw Black boys as older, less innocent, and more of a threat than Whites.

What DeBlasio told his son about not making any sudden moves was good reality based advice , but not politically correct advice. As the mayor of NY, he isn't supposed to go against officers in any way. He's not supposed to speak his mind. Because of what he told his son, he's being accused of "turning his back on police", and also of being responsible for the deaths of the two officers that were killed. All of which is completely asinine and blown out of proportion. He did NOT accuse all officers of being racist. He said that the chances of his African American son's actions during a police encounter being taken as a sign of aggression is higher than Whites. I do not disagree. Lets face it, there aren't many people being stopped and frisked in predominantly White neighborhoods.

[edit] He is also NOT best pals with Al Sharpton, and many people's imagination have been going wild.
          Last edited by don757; 01-02-2015, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by don757 View Post
            Because he gave good advice to his mixed son. He stated that:

The reality of it all is that it's no secret that many, but not most, young Black males in urban settings statistically commit a disportionate amount of crimes. Naturally, there will be biased, or caution if you will, when encountering Black males suspected of committing a crime vs other races.

Next, DeBlasio's advice to his son is also backed by a study which was published in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology which found that some in law enforement veiw Black boys as older, less innocent, and more of a threat than Whites.

What DeBlasio told his son about not making any sudden moves was good reality based advice , but not politically correct advice. As the mayor of NY, he isn't supposed to go against officers in any way. He's not supposed to speak his mind. Because of what he told his son, he's being accused of "turning his back on police", and also of being responsible for the deaths of the two officers that were killed. All of which is completely asinine and blown out of proportion. He did NOT accuse all officers of being racist. He said that the chances of his African American son's actions during a police encounter being taken as a sign of aggression is higher than Whites. I do not disagree. Lets face it, there aren't many people being stopped and frisked in predominantly White neighborhoods.

[edit] He is also NOT best pals with Al Sharpton, and many people's imagination have been going wild.
            lmao
            sigpic

"I pity guys like you, I truly do. Everything you own and have you can thank the job for and still you despise it. I don't understand how any man can choose a career, hate it from the beginning, not have the balls to leave, and then complain about it once he's retired."

-Thee Rant (surprisingly)

Originally posted by NYCTNT
            DF,

Why do you bother?

Comment

The ignorance displayed by Don is just stunning...
              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

De Blasio is a commie wolf in liberal sheep's clothing. And he has made no bones about hating the NYPD.

As for Sharpton, he makes "friends" via extortion.
                It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by PtownVAMike View Post
                  De Blasio is a commie wolf in liberal sheep's clothing. And he has made no bones about hating the NYPD.

As for Sharpton, he makes "friends" via extortion.
                  Explain and cite how he "hates" the NYPD? Should be easy being that he "made no bones about" it.

Comment

Here's some info to back up what I said:

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/dai...ntry-1.2032359
                    It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Comment

Explain and cite how he "hates" the NYPD? Should be easy being that he "made no bones about" it.
                      lol
                      sigpic

"I pity guys like you, I truly do. Everything you own and have you can thank the job for and still you despise it. I don't understand how any man can choose a career, hate it from the beginning, not have the balls to leave, and then complain about it once he's retired."

DF,

Why do you bother?

Comment

We don't have to explain or cite anything to you.

If you don't agree with our explanation, that is fine------move on. Several of the people responding to you are NYPD personnel....they know what they talk about

Continuing to argue with known officers will get you reported and most likely banned.

The game is in your hands
                        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                          We don't have to explain or cite anything to you.

If you don't agree with our explanation, that is fine------move on. Several of the people responding to you are NYPD personnel....they know what they talk about

Continuing to argue with known officers will get you reported and most likely banned.

The game is in your hands
                          I don't care if they're NYPD or not. That in itself does not make an unsubstantiated statement true. There is nothing wrong with asking where they got their info from or why they feel the way they feel. They can personally choose to answer or not. Next, this is a forum. If you do not expect other to be allowed to have a discussion or voice their point of view in a respectful manner OR allowed to disagree, again in a respectful manner, with the majorities view, then maybe that should be expressed in the TOS.

Next, I responded to the OP's question. Then I asked another poster to point to data that backed up his claim which he did, but I have not read yet. If I'm banned, then so be it, but until then, I'm going to continue to participate in the discussion.

Last, the OP and the person I asked to why they felt they way they did aren't even in law enforcement...
                          Last edited by don757; 01-02-2015, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Then participate, not pontificate. Every time you are challenged, you back out and switch.
                            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I don't care if they're NYPD or not. That in itself does not make an unsubstantiated statement true. There is nothing wrong with asking where they got their info from or why they feel the way they feel. They can personally choose to answer or not. Next, this is a forum. If you do not expect other to be allowed to have a discussion or voice their point of view in a respectful manner OR allowed to disagree, again in a respectful manner, with the majorities view, then maybe that should be expressed in the TOS.

Next, I responded to the OP's question. Then I asked another poster to point to data that backed up his claim which he did, but I have not read yet. If I'm banned, then so be it, but until then, I'm going to continue to participate in the discussion.

Last, the OP and the person I asked to why they felt they way they did aren't even in law enforcement...
                              rofl
                              sigpic

DF,

Why do you bother?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4865 users online. 163 members and 4702 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X