300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Gun control" probably wouldn't have helped

He used an ax. Another poster boy for haloperidol or ziprasidone dart guns.
    f5303bbe2ddc05006a0f6a7067003dc1.jpg

<http://news.yahoo.com/sheriffs-offic...204529668.html>
    --
    Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Are you telling me that crazy people are the problem, and not the inanimate objects that they use to carry out their demented deeds? That is just crazy talk.

This is actually your fault. If you had voted for politicians who would have been more willing to distribute your earned income among the incapable, Gomez would have potentially been able to pay someone to move those boxes for his mother. He is just another innocent victim of the unjust system that keeps trying to perpetuate the antiquated ideals of personal responsibility and accountability.
    Last edited by Carbonfiberfoot; 01-02-2015, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
      Are you telling me that crazy people are the problem, and not the inanimate objects that they use to carry out their demented deeds? That is just crazy talk.
      I know. I thought some "nutcake control" might do more than do more than any "gun control," but we won't know until we actually try it.

This is actually your fault.
      Yep. I'm waiting to see if there's going to be a big snowstorm this weekend, so I can take the blame for that, too.

--

Comment

I fail to understand the thought process behind the push for gun control. If we look at society as a whole, normal people don't tend to hurt or murder others without due cause. If someone is mentally unstable and they want to hurt someone, they're going to find a means to do it, whether it be a gun, knife, or a vehicle. We need to address the issue at hand, which is mental health. We visit our family physician (or any doctor) when we are feeling under the weather, but how often do you hear of people going for a mental health check-up? Is it out of fear of being admitted to a psychiatric hospital? I dunno. But the real reason that people go on killing sprees is that they're nuts; people can analyze these cases as much as they want to push for more gun control, but at the end of the day the majority of these situations arise from people who are mentally unstable.

Comment

While I was looking up something else yesterday, the Google results brought up something about "Reagan-era budget cuts." I just assumed that was some liberal blog, the author of which fails to recognize the following:
          I was in graduate school, studying clinical psychology when they began shutting down the asylums. The place was California, the time was the early 1970s, and "they" were an unprecedented confederation of progressives, libertarians and fiscal conservatives.
          I'm not a mental health professional, but the above quote is from Bedlam Revisited--Why the Virginia Tech shooter was not committed, written by Dr. Jonathan Kellerman. At the time of its publication in the Wall Street Journal (April 2007 or so), Dr. Kellerman was clinical professor of pediatrics and psychology at USC's Keck School of Medicine. He is currently a Clinical Professor of Pediatrics at the Keck School of Medicine.

Jonathan Kellerman has publicly spoken out against what he calls the "misguided" release of severely mentally ill people into the community, where they must fend for themselves instead of receiving proper care. He has stated that such people should receive counseling and psychotherapy as well as medication, as opposed to today's model in which they receive only medication and no other care at all.
          <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Kellerman>

Apparently some "progressives" believe that people have a right to be crazy, but law-abiding citizens don't have a right to use a firearm to protect themselves against homicidal maniacs.
          --

Comment

The guy should get extra prison time for that haircut and a good whoopin' for that goofy grin on his face. Yikes!

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Originally posted by VA Dutch View Post

The guy should get extra prison time for that haircut and a good whoopin' for that goofy grin on his face. Yikes!
              He'll get something else for that girly grin...
              I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by VA Dutch View Post

What he 'should get' is a .22 round and a shallow grave.

Comment

I don't understand why law makers will not just make a law against murder that covers everything
                  such as axe, guns, or even hands. Would not such a law stop this?
                  Such as the No weapons signs work in different places.
                  Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water.

Comment

Quick!!!! Pass a law banning edged tools that might be used to hurt/kill someone!

Ban:
                    Knives, shovels, rakes, hoes, screwdrivers, punches, sticks, drills and drill bits, forks, spoons, door corners...
                    My comments are my personal opinion and are based on my life experiences and training. They are not to be construed as legal advice in any form as I am not an attorney. Should you act on any of the information I provide in my comments, you do so at your own risk!!

Comment

Fingernails, paper, staplers . . . Especially in the hands of someone like Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

I Googled "staple forehead," and the first result was that scene from the Get Smart film. There was another YouTube link that I didn't watch; the description said pretty much everything. And I quote: "One day we wrer rerally board so i let my friend staple me in the forhead." And I'm going to make a wild guess that the poster was tardly before he got smacked in the head with the stapler.

Too many psychos and too many morons at large.
                      Last edited by RR_Security; 01-04-2015, 08:09 AM.
                      --

Comment

Come on now, we all know that if the guy had only gone through a background check before being allowed to purchase the axe this would not have happened. I mean, in these modern times, who really needs an axe? Especailly if it was a long handled one - you know those are waaaay more dangerous. And was the axe black? Cause that would mean it was designed to kill a lot of people really fast.

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
                        He'll get something else for that girly grin...
                        You sayin he's got a pretty mouth? (cue the banjoes)

Comment

The poor guy is an orphan, give him a break.

Comment

I just had an idea for a new TV show: Masters of Sark. AJ and Jasper will be frequent stars.

My people will call your people, and maybe we can do lunch.
                            --

Comment

My people are waiting....

scared_woman.jpg

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10996 users online. 561 members and 10435 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X