X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mytar

The little pipsqueak got a 10 page thread nuked

Kind of crappy..................
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Do they nuke threads a lot for various reasons ... common threads getting nuked?

Comment

Originally posted by that's my hand View Post
      Do they nuke threads a lot for various reasons ... common threads getting nuked?
      just go away...................................you don't have enough time on this forum to question what is done..
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
        The little pipsqueak got a 10 page thread nuked

Kind of crappy..................
        Oh no....which one was it? Was it one of the popular ones here in General Law Enforcement?

Comment

Once again I agree with Iowa #1603 even though he's no fan of me (he's posted -- in 2 words -- his agreement with me when I previously posted on the same matter) -- I think the mods should consider a policy of perhaps locking threads containing offending posts (perhaps deleting the offending posts if they have time) and then moving them to a members-only read-only quarantine zone instead of removing them altogether -- as things stand now if some impertinent newbie doesn't like a thread he can get it completely obliterated by posting some offensive verbiage, and he doesn't have to care about his 19-post ID -- he can simply register another ID whenever he cares to destroy another thread he doesn't like ...

Comment

If somebody is banned, there is no need to delete any corresponding thread: it has nothing to do with time. The industry standard is to lock a thread (not to delete it). It does not take any more time, or effort, to lock a thread than to delete it. So, the custom, at officer.com, to delete threads, is just dumb: nothing is gained, while all the contributions in the thread are thrown away. This is all old news to the people in charge, so no communication with them, about this, would be helpful. If it were up to me: never delete a thread, lock a thread if necessary, and if somebody gets banned, put some words under their user name, like: "banned for arrogant sarcasm, narcissism, disrespectful attitude, cop bashing, dumb pride, etc". And let the locked thread stand, so people can see what went on there.
            https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg

List of Islamic terror attacks in the last 30 days

Comment

Originally posted by Max K View Post
              If somebody is banned, there is no need to delete any corresponding thread: it has nothing to do with time. The industry standard is to lock a thread (not to delete it). It does not take any more time, or effort, to lock a thread than to delete it. So, the custom, at officer.com, to delete threads, is just dumb: nothing is gained, while all the contributions in the thread are thrown away. This is all old news to the people in charge, so no communication with them, about this, would be helpful. If it were up to me: never delete a thread, lock a thread if necessary, and if somebody gets banned, put some words under their user name, like: "banned for arrogant sarcasm, narcissism, disrespectful attitude, cop bashing, dumb pride, etc". And let the locked thread stand, so people can see what went on there.
              +1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was in the process of posting on L-1's thread when it got nuked....a little disconcerting when it froze up and the thread disappeared. Anyway, the last comment that POS made was totally deserving. I don't like threads being nuked either but I have trouble with the idea of a post like that just hanging around O.com indefinitely. Seems like it could be a badge of honor for POS.

Is there anyway to delete post from POS and leave threads w/o a complete hassle?
                Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
                “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
                “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
                "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
                ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

Originally posted by Langford PR View Post
                  I was in the process of posting on L-1's thread when it got nuked....a little disconcerting when it froze up and the thread disappeared. Anyway, the last comment that POS made was totally deserving. I don't like threads being nuked either but I have trouble with the idea of a post like that just hanging around O.com indefinitely. Seems like it could be a badge of honor for POS.

Is there anyway to delete post from POS and leave threads w/o a complete hassle?
                  Actually there is....................and it is done quite often.................I think it depends on the particular mod that chooses to just nuke everything AND the fact that often times the rest of us quote the idiot & that leaves vestiges of their drivel

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                    Actually there is....................and it is done quite often.................I think it depends on the particular mod that chooses to just nuke everything AND the fact that often times the rest of us quote the idiot & that leaves vestiges of their drivel
                    I hear that. It would have to be 1) a case by case and 2) the interest of the mod to go through the hassle of clearing just posts.

...I have to admit that I sure regret some of my earliest post when I was new here....just a little too much rum & coke and too little consideration before I posted replies here and there.

...ah but hey, I was a rookie cop once, too. But now.....I'm just an Ahole!!
                    Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
                    “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
                    “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
                    "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
                    ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

Originally posted by Max K View Post
                      I was in the process of responding to Mytar last post unaware the tread was nuked and saved a copy in my o.com FI file.

Disrespectful and cop bashing covers it.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
                        Once again I agree with Iowa #1603 even though he's no fan of me (he's posted -- in 2 words -- his agreement with me when I previously posted on the same matter) -- I think the mods should consider a policy of perhaps locking threads containing offending posts (perhaps deleting the offending posts if they have time) and then moving them to a members-only read-only quarantine zone instead of removing them altogether -- as things stand now if some impertinent newbie doesn't like a thread he can get it completely obliterated by posting some offensive verbiage, and he doesn't have to care about his 19-post ID -- he can simply register another ID whenever he cares to destroy another thread he doesn't like ...

"Wisdom from the Bat Cave"

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                          "Wisdom from the Bat Cave"
                          Dammit Phil...................I have that dolt on ignore so I don't have to read his drivel...............then you go and quote him........

Comment

Yeah, he's on my ignore list too. He was actually gone for a while....licking his wounds in the Bat Cave, but then, he reappeared.
                            I was just curious as to what drivel he had spouted. Yep, it was the usual, nothing new, just the usual verbose bull****.

Comment

Stupid computer updates won't let me comment on posts at work so I didn't follow that thread. Sounds like I missed a good one!
                              Originally posted by RSGSRT
                              We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                              Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3714 users online. 201 members and 3513 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X