X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why race isn't a factor in hiring decisions

Apparently fake news article showed up on on my Facebook feed and I LOL'd:

http://tinyurl.com/p9jxpdb

Good reason why race shouldn't be considered in the hiring decisions.

Affirmative action by its very principle is racist, because you are acknowl edging that there is a difference between people of different races. Like the people complaining that the Ferguson school board is all white while the students are African American. They are assuming that minorities aren't capable of being educated by white people.

Comment

Originally posted by chip4 View Post
      Affirmative action by its very principle is racist, because you are acknowl edging that there is a difference between people of different races. Like the people complaining that the Ferguson school board is all white while the students are African American. They are assuming that minorities aren't capable of being educated by white people.
      While I agree that AA is no longer needed, I disagree with your premise about the Ferguson school board. It has nothing to do about people assuming that Whites aren't capable of educating minorities. It's has more to do that with the fact that some people find it odd that all the members are White when the community is mostly Black. Would you not at least question why in a mostly White community with a school district full of mostly White children had a school board of all African Americans?

Comment

School boards are elected positions. The community gets who they want.
        When you are dead, you don't know you're dead. It is difficult only for the others around you.

It is the same when you are stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by don757 View Post
          While I agree that AA is no longer needed, I disagree with your premise about the Ferguson school board. It has nothing to do about people assuming that Whites aren't capable of educating minorities. It's has more to do that with the fact that some people find it odd that all the members are White when the community is mostly Black. Would you not at least question why in a mostly White community with a school district full of mostly White children had a school board of all African Americans?
          In this case of Ferguson, you would have to do a little bit of research. You would have to research two separate communities as the Ferguson schools are in a school district that covers two communities. It is a regional school board not one for Ferguson alone. The 2014 elections had at least one African American candidate that did not win one of the three open seats.

FB

Comment

Originally posted by Tom S View Post
            School boards are elected positions. The community gets who they want.
            Originally posted by Firebug View Post
            In this case of Ferguson, you would have to do a little bit of research. You would have to research two separate communities as the Ferguson schools are in a school district that covers two communities. It is a regional school board not one for Ferguson alone. The 2014 elections had at least one African American candidate that did not win one of the three open seats.

FB
            I agree with you two, but I disagree that the people who questioned why this happened where doing so because they thought White teachers could not teach Black children.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4304 users online. 234 members and 4070 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X