300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAPD Officers Help Homeless Man in Hollywood

Awesome story out of Los Angeles today. Two LAPDOfficers responded to a callout and found a homeless man with no shirt or shoes on a chilly morning in Hollywood. They ended up taking him to a store and buying him some clothing out of their own pockets. Some bystanders ended up getting the story out, because the Officers never mentioned it to anyone after their shift.

http://abc7.la/142zOLZ
    Atlanta & Los Angeles

Good on the officers.

Sad that things like these don't get any more attention.

Comment

Police Officers around the country do this type of thing every day but like Sooner mentioned, it hardly ever gets any publicity.

Comment

Originally posted by Sooner2000 View Post
        Good on the officers.

Sad that things like these don't get any more attention.
        Not to sound disrespectful to the officers or anything, good on them, but why would such incidents get attention anyways? Ordinary people of all occupations do similar stuff daily.

Comment

Originally posted by chip4 View Post
          Not to sound disrespectful to the officers or anything, good on them, but why would such incidents get attention anyways? Ordinary people of all occupations do similar stuff daily.
          Maybe because the vast majority of stories lately involving the police have been slanted in the negative direction. We'll take good stories whenever we can get them.

Comment

When ordinary people do something wrong it doesn't get plastered all over the front page of the local paper for two weeks. As the above poster just described, lately officers not even doing anything wrong, simply doing their job correctly, has resulted in front page national news for months, riots, now other officers ambushed and assassinated, and stories twisted for political gain. I don't know of any "ordinary people of all occupations" that get this treatment as police do.

So yes, it's refreshing to us to see the media pick up a positive story about the popo for once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Codz95 View Post
              Some bystanders ended up getting the story out, because the Officers never mentioned it to anyone after their shift.
              Originally posted by LA Copper View Post
              Police Officers around the country do this type of thing every day but like Sooner mentioned, it hardly ever gets any publicity.
              Because they're not attention whores like the politicians and others who make it a "press event" when they go and "help someone in need". There's a difference between helping a fellow human because you're a good person and doing it "for credit".

Becuase ordinary citizens aren't portrayed in the media as the enemy.

Comment

The only way I can describe you is, "TOOL." Really?!?! Especially with all the negative press about law enforcement, mostly undeserved, this is a welcome story. I love it when someone starts with, "Not to be an ahole or anything, BUT." Yes, you do mean to be disrespectful. I don't care how you start your statement. Go lay down in traffic somewhere with your hand up and hope that you don't get run over. I don't mean to be an AHOLE, but you are a TOOL.
                Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

Originally posted by IAM Rand View Post
                  The only way I can describe you is, "TOOL." Really?!?! Especially with all the negative press about law enforcement, mostly undeserved, this is a welcome story. I love it when someone starts with, "Not to be an ahole or anything, BUT." Yes, you do mean to be disrespectful. I don't care how you start your statement. Go lay down in traffic somewhere with your hand up and hope that you don't get run over. I don't mean to be an AHOLE, but you are a TOOL.
                  Now where did you get that from? Sooner says the media doesn't show similar stories of police officers, and I was just explaining why they don't. I don't have a problem with this story being on the news.
                  And I agree with everyone else, police officers doing wrong shouldn't be on front page news either.

Comment

I got it from what you said, "Not to sound disrespectful to the officers or anything" This is BS. This is liberal speak for, I am meaning to be disrespectful. Ordinary people aren't hammered in the press like we are. Say what you mean without qualifying it next time.
                    Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

I got it from what you said, "Not to sound disrespectful to the officers or anything" This is BS. This is liberal speak for, I am meaning to be disrespectful. Ordinary people aren't hammered in the press like we are. Say what you mean without qualifying it next time.
                      Got it.

Comment

100% accurate.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6412 users online. 349 members and 6063 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X