300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ways to tell someone broke into your car

I am pretty sure someone broke into my car last night and took it for a spin. The interior lights were on, the seat was moved back and the gas tank almost empty.

However, I can't find any wires broken or other evidence that it got started other then the gas was almost empty. Of course they could have hosed out the gas.

Am I missing checking for something? Anyone got any ideas? They obviously didn't have a key so could the car have been started another way?

Was your radio tuned to a different station? Does anyone else have keys?

Comment

Comment

I didn't check the radio but I should encase its on a RAP station then I would at least know its younger people!

I only have one set. When I have locked the keys in the car I have to use the plastic one from the CAA they give you!

P.S. Mike!! Verrry funny!!! You should know about the different ways to start a car!!

Comment

Is your car a Ford?

Comment

only way i can think of is to check the mileage. i reset my trip meter with every tank of gas, i usually know how many miles i out on the car (if someone were to joyride, i would definately know.)

Comment

Pontiac

(I never really keep track of the mileage except for oil changes, good idea though)

[ 09-13-2002, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: wonderwoman ]

Comment

Sorry cant help you. This sounds like a question for ChopShopCop.

Comment

Is the rear view mirror moved? If it is, have the locals dust it for prints.

Last car I had that was stolen had rap music on the radio and a blunt in the ashtray.......neither were of my doing [Frown]

Comment

Does your key have a computer chip in it? If not, it's possible that someone(car repair shop, dealership, valet, etc) has a duplicate key AND your addy.........
                    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
                    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

Do you walk in your sleep or have someone who stay with you that might have used it to sneak out?

Comment

"or have someone who stay with you that might have used it to sneak out?"

Yeah, who's been sleeping over? We want details

Comment

LOL! I couldn't put details like that here! It would crush my pal Mike!

Comment

Probably more than just Mike [Wink]

I wouldn't have taken a Pontiac for a ride with that invisible jet parked nearby

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by wonderwoman:
                              I didn't check the radio but I should encase its on a RAP station then I would at least know its younger people!

I only have one set. When I have locked the keys in the car I have to use the plastic one from the CAA they give you!

P.S. Mike!! Verrry funny!!! You should know about the different ways to start a car!!

What kind of Pontiac? Obviously the most likely suspects will be the closest ones, spouse and/or kids. Houseguests and other family weigh in next.

2nd, the valet key. The plastic one. Is it missing? It can copied fairly easily. If your keys have a chip in it, they can still be defeated although it ain't likely just for a joyride.

If it's an older Pontiac, the switch may be worn enough to allow another GM key to crank it. If there was a previous theft/damage to the switch, it may not have been repaired properly.

Whole buncha possibilities here

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3374 users online. 248 members and 3126 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X