Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gun Control PSA: Steal parents gun, bring to school, turn it in to teacher...WTF

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR_Security
    replied
    Originally posted by General54321 View Post
    I'm concerned with how these liberal gun grabbers think. Watching the video I did notice that the gun itself was a bb gun, not a real firearm, but it is still unbelievably stupid of them to handle the bb gun in such a manner.
    Well, they get some of that ignorance from their Dear Leaders:
    dianne-feinsteins-trigger-finger.jpg
    <http://gerarddirect.com/2013/01/24/s...trigger-finger>

And more Know-Nothing Nonsense:
    DiFi-firearms-ID.jpg

Feel better?

Leave a comment:

• General54321
    replied
    I'm concerned with how these liberal gun grabbers think. Watching the video I did notice that the gun itself was a bb gun, not a real firearm, but it is still unbelievably stupid of them to handle the bb gun in such a manner. Absolutely no trigger discipline at all. It's funny because they b***h at Law Enforcement about how they handle firearms. There are several comments on her channel from other anti- gun liberals calling her out and denouncing her. This is dangerous and illegal in numerous ways. This video clearly shows how much they "care" about other peoples safety. Can I turn in a liberal to my teacher and say, "Can you take them away? I don't feel safe with a liberal gun grabber on the streets."

Sorry, had to vent.

Leave a comment:

• VA Dutch
    replied

Aside from the glaring stupidity of the actions encouraged to be taken by young people in the video, it illustrates something else that is far more sinister. What is that? The leftist premise that children should be subservient to the state and that they should not have any trouble about doing something "wrong" if it is for the greater good.......or working in conjunction with 'authorities' to undermine the role of their parents.

I am certain that both Hitler and Stalin (as well as other authoritarian tyrants) believe that by getting their hooks into the children before the age of reason, they (the youth) are going to see the STATE as their 'parent' over mom and dad. It is a subtle undertone, but it is definitely there.

Truth be told, an "Eddie Eagle" video is going to be a lot more positive and do more to 'save a life' than any part of this bogus PSA.

Leave a comment:

• Sheepdog480
    replied
    This video also verifies that we as parents need to instruct our children to respect firearms as tools, to understand their uses and purposes, but most importantly to be safe when handling them. I could care less if the gun "appears" to be unloaded, as per the empty magwell. This child is far too young to even be near the firearm, let alone holding it! This exactly the type of media that gun grabbers drool over.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...OVQ2N1I8rB9Bkp

Leave a comment:

• Sheepdog480
    replied
    This is by far one of the best responses I've seen so far.

"I’m sorry Sincic had to endure the vile “internet treatment.” Having said that, her PSA is objectionable. Firearms ownership is a civil right. Absconding with someone else’s property is theft. Posessing a weapon before the age of majority is a crime. Carrying said weapon concealed in public without license is a crime. Bringing said weapon onto school property is a crime in most jurisdictions. There are also social premises which fail. A child is not entitled to determine the state of their home, regardless of how they “feel.” If a child is truly “traumatized” by the presence of legal inanimate objects, they can work it out with their parents. The parents can educate their children, they can take steps for better storage, etc. Sincic is too nearsighted to her leftist premises to effectively present her point of view."

http://www.vocativ.com/culture/socie...rejina-sincic/

Leave a comment:

• Laurendale
    replied
    Originally posted by Max K View Post
    Then you are perhaps unaware of some important progressive values. On the Huffington Post, they have a staff writer named "Mike the gun guy", and he's all for it (the video).

It is widely estimated that firearms are used to prevent crime a million times a year (or more). Nobody knows for sure, because no police report is filed for most of those incidents. But here's what this looks like in the progressive mind of "Mike the gun guy":

As for using a gun to prevent a crime, the NRA publishes a listing of such events on its Armed Citizen website, and the numbers run between 60-75 per year.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-w...b_6390442.html
    If anything, that probably lines up with actual armed citizen shooting statistics. Most of the time, just displaying a weapon is enough. Criminals don't like targets that will defend themselves.

So yeah, guns are used in self defense A LOT. They're just not usually fired. Hence no police report, as it was over when it was over.

TL;DR: Yep, I agree.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
    Hmmm. Looking at Colorado law I think I could get them on solicitation of a felony:

Solicitation (specifically the actus reus of it) consists of words; words that create an inducement, defined as advising, commanding, counseling, encouraging, enticing, entreating, importunes, incites, induces, instigates, orders, procures, requests, solicits, or urges another to commit a serious felony with the specific intent that the person solicited commit the crime. This list is sometimes called the list of proper utterances for the crime of solicitation.

The elements of solicitation include:

(1) mens rea — not intent to commit a crime, but specific intent to persuade someone else to commit a crime; also not joking around or making casual comments (“I wish that person would drop dead”) but “purposely” wanting to persuade someone.

(2) actus reus — words that contain some sort of inducement; words that are on the list of proper utterances for the crime of solicitation; uttering the words is the actus reus, and it doesn’t matter if the means of utterance is oral, written, or electronic.

The theft and minor in possession of a firearm would be misdemeanors, having the gun on the school grounds would be a Class 6 felony.
    not going to fly in my area

Leave a comment:

• tanksoldier
    replied
    Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
    Probably not......................the producer wouldn't have actually provided them with the weapon........
    Hmmm. Looking at Colorado law I think I could get them on solicitation of a felony:

Solicitation (specifically the actus reus of it) consists of words; words that create an inducement, defined as advising, commanding, counseling, encouraging, enticing, entreating, importunes, incites, induces, instigates, orders, procures, requests, solicits, or urges another to commit a serious felony with the specific intent that the person solicited commit the crime. This list is sometimes called the list of proper utterances for the crime of solicitation.

The elements of solicitation include:

(1) mens rea — not intent to commit a crime, but specific intent to persuade someone else to commit a crime; also not joking around or making casual comments (“I wish that person would drop dead”) but “purposely” wanting to persuade someone.

(2) actus reus — words that contain some sort of inducement; words that are on the list of proper utterances for the crime of solicitation; uttering the words is the actus reus, and it doesn’t matter if the means of utterance is oral, written, or electronic.

The theft and minor in possession of a firearm would be misdemeanors, having the gun on the school grounds would be a Class 6 felony.
    Last edited by tanksoldier; 01-04-2015, 03:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
    If some kids actually did this, and was arrested for having the gun at school, could you charge the video maker with solicitation of a felony?

Contributing to the delinquency of a minor? Something?
    Probably not......................the producer wouldn't have actually provided them with the weapon........

Leave a comment:

• tanksoldier
    replied
    If some kids actually did this, and was arrested for having the gun at school, could you charge the video maker with solicitation of a felony?

Contributing to the delinquency of a minor? Something?

Leave a comment:

• Max K
    replied
    Originally posted by Laurendale View Post
    That said, what in the blue monkey butt is this? I wasn't aware that ANYONE thought this was remotely acceptable.
    Then you are perhaps unaware of some important progressive values. On the Huffington Post, they have a staff writer named "Mike the gun guy", and he's all for it (the video).

It is widely estimated that firearms are used to prevent crime a million times a year (or more). Nobody knows for sure, because no police report is filed for most of those incidents. But here's what this looks like in the progressive mind of "Mike the gun guy":

As for using a gun to prevent a crime, the NRA publishes a listing of such events on its Armed Citizen website, and the numbers run between 60-75 per year.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-w...b_6390442.html

Leave a comment:

• Laurendale
    replied
    You know- I'm pretty darned liberal on some issues, pretty darned conservative on some, and in the middle on others. I pride myself on being able to see both sides of an issue.

For example, in keeping with the topic, gun control. I'm all for the permitting system (e.g. CHL) and background/psych evaluations. But I also think that basic firearm safety should be mandatory education in public schools.

That said, what in the blue monkey butt is this? I wasn't aware that ANYONE thought this was remotely acceptable.
    Last edited by Laurendale; 01-04-2015, 08:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Neverwas..
    replied
    [QUOTE=RGDS;3568846]She turned the comments off and stills calls people cowards for not showing this tripe.

I will engage people in rationale discussions about gun control.

things just keep getting Weirder and Weirder!!!

Leave a comment:

• RGDS
    replied
    She turned the comments off and stills calls people cowards for not showing this tripe.

I will engage people in rationale discussions about gun control. That video isn't rationale, it's dangerous. Advocating for kids to break laws, carry around (possibly loaded) guns and then giving them to people who have zero training and authority to handle guns in an environment where there is no tolerance for guns (school grounds) is irresponsible and possibly criminal. Nevermind the fact that "Mom" had already broken the law in California by not having a gun lock on the gun and keeping it loaded.

The sad part is, the director can't comprehend the extremely valid concerns many people on both sides of the 2A and gun control debate have brought up.

Leave a comment:

• Max K
    replied
    Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
    You hit that one out of the park, Max.
    Well thank you. As I said earlier, the original PSA video that started this thread no longer plays, because it has been changed from "public" to "private". When I first saw that, I thought: "okay, maybe that was the result of their lawyer's advice. That was earlier today. So just now I checked again, and what do I find? The video has been re-uploaded, unchanged, except for one thing: the comments have been disabled. I am shocked not surprised that a committed leftist would silence critics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIa4NkQXm8Y

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4523 users online. 264 members and 4259 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X