Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gun Control PSA: Steal parents gun, bring to school, turn it in to teacher...WTF

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    You know- I'm pretty darned liberal on some issues, pretty darned conservative on some, and in the middle on others. I pride myself on being able to see both sides of an issue.

    For example, in keeping with the topic, gun control. I'm all for the permitting system (e.g. CHL) and background/psych evaluations. But I also think that basic firearm safety should be mandatory education in public schools.

    That said, what in the blue monkey butt is this? I wasn't aware that ANYONE thought this was remotely acceptable.
    Last edited by Laurendale; 01-04-2015, 08:36 AM.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Laurendale View Post
      That said, what in the blue monkey butt is this? I wasn't aware that ANYONE thought this was remotely acceptable.
      Then you are perhaps unaware of some important progressive values. On the Huffington Post, they have a staff writer named "Mike the gun guy", and he's all for it (the video).

      It is widely estimated that firearms are used to prevent crime a million times a year (or more). Nobody knows for sure, because no police report is filed for most of those incidents. But here's what this looks like in the progressive mind of "Mike the gun guy":

      As for using a gun to prevent a crime, the NRA publishes a listing of such events on its Armed Citizen website, and the numbers run between 60-75 per year.

      http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-w...b_6390442.html
      https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg

      List of Islamic terror attacks in the last 30 days

      Comment


      • #33
        If some kids actually did this, and was arrested for having the gun at school, could you charge the video maker with solicitation of a felony?

        Contributing to the delinquency of a minor? Something?
        "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

        "With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
          If some kids actually did this, and was arrested for having the gun at school, could you charge the video maker with solicitation of a felony?

          Contributing to the delinquency of a minor? Something?
          Probably not......................the producer wouldn't have actually provided them with the weapon........
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

          My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
            Probably not......................the producer wouldn't have actually provided them with the weapon........
            Hmmm. Looking at Colorado law I think I could get them on solicitation of a felony:

            Solicitation (specifically the actus reus of it) consists of words; words that create an inducement, defined as advising, commanding, counseling, encouraging, enticing, entreating, importunes, incites, induces, instigates, orders, procures, requests, solicits, or urges another to commit a serious felony with the specific intent that the person solicited commit the crime. This list is sometimes called the list of proper utterances for the crime of solicitation.

            The elements of solicitation include:

            (1) mens rea — not intent to commit a crime, but specific intent to persuade someone else to commit a crime; also not joking around or making casual comments (“I wish that person would drop dead”) but “purposely” wanting to persuade someone.

            (2) actus reus — words that contain some sort of inducement; words that are on the list of proper utterances for the crime of solicitation; uttering the words is the actus reus, and it doesn’t matter if the means of utterance is oral, written, or electronic.


            The theft and minor in possession of a firearm would be misdemeanors, having the gun on the school grounds would be a Class 6 felony.
            Last edited by tanksoldier; 01-04-2015, 03:40 PM.
            "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

            "With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
              Hmmm. Looking at Colorado law I think I could get them on solicitation of a felony:

              Solicitation (specifically the actus reus of it) consists of words; words that create an inducement, defined as advising, commanding, counseling, encouraging, enticing, entreating, importunes, incites, induces, instigates, orders, procures, requests, solicits, or urges another to commit a serious felony with the specific intent that the person solicited commit the crime. This list is sometimes called the list of proper utterances for the crime of solicitation.

              The elements of solicitation include:

              (1) mens rea — not intent to commit a crime, but specific intent to persuade someone else to commit a crime; also not joking around or making casual comments (“I wish that person would drop dead”) but “purposely” wanting to persuade someone.

              (2) actus reus — words that contain some sort of inducement; words that are on the list of proper utterances for the crime of solicitation; uttering the words is the actus reus, and it doesn’t matter if the means of utterance is oral, written, or electronic.


              The theft and minor in possession of a firearm would be misdemeanors, having the gun on the school grounds would be a Class 6 felony.
              not going to fly in my area
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

              My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Max K View Post
                Then you are perhaps unaware of some important progressive values. On the Huffington Post, they have a staff writer named "Mike the gun guy", and he's all for it (the video).

                It is widely estimated that firearms are used to prevent crime a million times a year (or more). Nobody knows for sure, because no police report is filed for most of those incidents. But here's what this looks like in the progressive mind of "Mike the gun guy":

                As for using a gun to prevent a crime, the NRA publishes a listing of such events on its Armed Citizen website, and the numbers run between 60-75 per year.

                http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-w...b_6390442.html
                If anything, that probably lines up with actual armed citizen shooting statistics. Most of the time, just displaying a weapon is enough. Criminals don't like targets that will defend themselves.

                So yeah, guns are used in self defense A LOT. They're just not usually fired. Hence no police report, as it was over when it was over.

                TL;DR: Yep, I agree.

                Comment


                • #38
                  This is by far one of the best responses I've seen so far.

                  "I’m sorry Sincic had to endure the vile “internet treatment.” Having said that, her PSA is objectionable. Firearms ownership is a civil right. Absconding with someone else’s property is theft. Posessing a weapon before the age of majority is a crime. Carrying said weapon concealed in public without license is a crime. Bringing said weapon onto school property is a crime in most jurisdictions. There are also social premises which fail. A child is not entitled to determine the state of their home, regardless of how they “feel.” If a child is truly “traumatized” by the presence of legal inanimate objects, they can work it out with their parents. The parents can educate their children, they can take steps for better storage, etc. Sincic is too nearsighted to her leftist premises to effectively present her point of view."

                  http://www.vocativ.com/culture/socie...rejina-sincic/
                  USAFR
                  A1C
                  2A3x3
                  924th MXS


                  "A clean record doesn't equate to a clean cop and a bad record doesn't equate to a bad cop."

                  "Man is neither angel nor beast; and the misfortune is that he who would act the angel acts the beast."

                  -Matthew 5:9
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    This video also verifies that we as parents need to instruct our children to respect firearms as tools, to understand their uses and purposes, but most importantly to be safe when handling them. I could care less if the gun "appears" to be unloaded, as per the empty magwell. This child is far too young to even be near the firearm, let alone holding it! This exactly the type of media that gun grabbers drool over.

                    http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...OVQ2N1I8rB9Bkp
                    USAFR
                    A1C
                    2A3x3
                    924th MXS


                    "A clean record doesn't equate to a clean cop and a bad record doesn't equate to a bad cop."

                    "Man is neither angel nor beast; and the misfortune is that he who would act the angel acts the beast."

                    -Matthew 5:9
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #40

                      Aside from the glaring stupidity of the actions encouraged to be taken by young people in the video, it illustrates something else that is far more sinister. What is that? The leftist premise that children should be subservient to the state and that they should not have any trouble about doing something "wrong" if it is for the greater good.......or working in conjunction with 'authorities' to undermine the role of their parents.

                      I am certain that both Hitler and Stalin (as well as other authoritarian tyrants) believe that by getting their hooks into the children before the age of reason, they (the youth) are going to see the STATE as their 'parent' over mom and dad. It is a subtle undertone, but it is definitely there.

                      Truth be told, an "Eddie Eagle" video is going to be a lot more positive and do more to 'save a life' than any part of this bogus PSA.

                      The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

                      The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

                      ------------------------------------------------

                      "Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        I'm concerned with how these liberal gun grabbers think. Watching the video I did notice that the gun itself was a bb gun, not a real firearm, but it is still unbelievably stupid of them to handle the bb gun in such a manner. Absolutely no trigger discipline at all. It's funny because they b***h at Law Enforcement about how they handle firearms. There are several comments on her channel from other anti- gun liberals calling her out and denouncing her. This is dangerous and illegal in numerous ways. This video clearly shows how much they "care" about other peoples safety. Can I turn in a liberal to my teacher and say, "Can you take them away? I don't feel safe with a liberal gun grabber on the streets."

                        Sorry, had to vent.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by General54321 View Post
                          I'm concerned with how these liberal gun grabbers think. Watching the video I did notice that the gun itself was a bb gun, not a real firearm, but it is still unbelievably stupid of them to handle the bb gun in such a manner.
                          Well, they get some of that ignorance from their Dear Leaders:
                          dianne-feinsteins-trigger-finger.jpg
                          <http://gerarddirect.com/2013/01/24/s...trigger-finger>

                          And more Know-Nothing Nonsense:
                          DiFi-firearms-ID.jpg

                          Feel better?
                          --
                          Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

                          Comment

                          MR300x250 Tablet

                          Collapse

                          What's Going On

                          Collapse

                          There are currently 5745 users online. 352 members and 5393 guests.

                          Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                          Welcome Ad

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X