300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle Police gets a makeover

I guess it's a good effort after having a negative investigation by the DOJ. I lived in Seattle just a couple of years ago, and this was the standard, outdated patrol vehicle you'd see:

The ugly, outdated uniform:

And now the new stuff! New vehicles, new uniform, new patch and body cameras. All of which are very nice.

New patch:

New uniform and vehicle:

And the department is in a testing phase with a couple of Taser brand models of body cameras.
    Last edited by Ignite; 12-22-2014, 04:51 AM.

Whats with the buttons? Ugh.

Im not a fan of the trend of everyone going to dark uniforms. From just a practical standpoint, when then pants and shirt are different colors, the rate of fading is not an issue. With the colors being the same, they will never match.

Comment

Originally posted by CptCAV View Post

Im not a fan of the trend of everyone going to dark uniforms. From just a practical standpoint, when then pants and shirt are different colors, the rate of fading is not an issue. With the colors being the same, they will never match.
      I've not noticed much problem with fading uniforms. I wash my shirt and pants together, so they're washed the same amount. I've been in patrol a year and a half and rotate three uniforms. They don't seem to really have faded much. I'm sure they have a tad, but it's not noticeable.
      Last edited by Ignite; 12-22-2014, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Seattle is looking into scrapping the body cameras.
        September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

I don't think the old uniform is too bad. The dark blue pocket flaps look weird but apart from that it's ok.

I don't really like the new car too much. It doesn't stand out.

Comment

We are watching Seattle's decision closely. The body cam issue hasn't been well vetted. The public records requests seem to be final blow. Departments simply do not have the time, money, or personnel to handle them.
            semper destravit

Comment

What? No rainbow colors?

Comment

Originally posted by So Fla Cop View Post
                Seattle is looking into scrapping the body cameras.
                Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Ignite View Post
                  New uniform and vehicle:

Just look at the thrill and happiness in the faces of the Officers working for the Seattle PD.....perhaps they should look into improving morale next?
                  Originally posted by RSGSRT
                  We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                  Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Originally posted by CptCAV View Post

I like the dark uniforms better personally, though I don't Seattle's light blue looked too bad. My favorite uniforms are the LAPD's and Montgomery County, MD Police.

I'll tell who really needs a makeover is Philly PD. Those powder blue uniforms look about 30 years out of date. Plus, too many security guards are wearing that color.

The same goes for the SEPTA police, who have pretty much the same uniform with different patches. Both PPD and SEPTA should either go to the LAPD navy or to the dark blue that some of the Philly suburb departments have.

Attached Files
                    Last edited by GangGreen712; 12-22-2014, 12:25 PM.
                    "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
                    -Chris Rock

Comment

I don't always think it's a good idea to change something that can be so iconic. We changed to all dark blue from light blue shirts about a year ago and although the uniforms are made of better material it was a shame to lose a look we had been sporting for such a long time. LAPD have a fantastic and distinctive looking uniform but other police forces shouldn't be too quick to shed their identities to copy other ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulgrave600 View Post
                        I don't always think it's a good idea to change something that can be so iconic. We changed to all dark blue from light blue shirts about a year ago and although the uniforms are made of better material it was a shame to lose a look we had been sporting for such a long time. LAPD have a fantastic and distinctive looking uniform but other police forces shouldn't be too quick to shed their identities to copy other ones.
                        With the exception of LAPD's patch-less navy blues and Chicago PDs checkered covers, I can't think of very many municipal departments, even big ones, that have really iconic uniforms, at least here in the states. From what I've seen, it's more of tradition in state police agencies to have historic, unique looks, such as WA State Patrol's bowties or RI State Police's brown leather boots and belts. But for county and local agencies, both powder blue and navy (and khaki and brown for that matter) are worn widely enough that a department could switch to one or another without it copying anyone. To my knowledge, places like Philly and Seattle went with their colors for a long time more because none of the commissioners considered it enough of a priority to change than because of tradition.
                        Last edited by GangGreen712; 12-22-2014, 01:44 PM.
                        "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
                        -Chris Rock

Comment

Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
                          Just look at the thrill and happiness in the faces of the Officers working for the Seattle PD.....perhaps they should look into improving morale next?
                          Would you want to work in a city where virtually no one appreciates what you do, and everyone is suspicious of you?

Comment

Originally posted by Mulgrave600 View Post
                            I don't really like the new car too much. It doesn't stand out.
                            I think it's beautiful. Can't go wrong with Navy blue and a sweet looking emblem. I like seeing a city department go to SUVs over sedans as well.

Comment

At least they are not sporting neon green in that uniform to match their football team.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5997 users online. 328 members and 5669 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X