Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal Reserve LEO Question

Hello Everyone,

I am 32, looking to make a career shift into LE and believe the Federal Reserve could be a good place to start (there's also some positions posted in my home town).

One thing I have had a difficult time finding is the pay scale. I see that it's anywhere from 35K to 40K to start but was wondering if anyone can perhaps give me some insight to what the scale over time actually looks like.

Thanks a million in advance.

MF

Here is a basic a salary range for the New York Fed:

http://www.federalreserve.gov/careers/salary.htm
    semper destravit

Comment

Thanks!

Can anyone provide some insight as to where the FRLEO's fall on this scale?

Comment

Working for the Federal Reserve might be lucrative. They can just print as much money as they want - so you'll always be paid on time.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Very true that the Treasury makes the money. I work for that agency actually, the Bureau of Engraving and Printing. Only 2 in the world, DC and Ft Worth, TX. These 2 facilities print the US currency, that's not counterfeit, in the world economy. The Federal Reserve Board places an order every year for currency with the BEP. We fill the order and the Federal Reserve pays for the order. Makes it nice since we receive very little appropriations from congress so sequestration doesn't effect us much. We do play nice though.

One thing to remember also is that the Federal Reserve is also not a federal agency. It is a series of privately held banks. The only "federal" people are the Reserve Board itself and the Chairman. The employees of the Fed do get similar salaries, benefits, retirement, etc as government employees but that's solely because the Fed decides to. This is why LEOSA had to specifically state the Federal Reserve and AMTRAK since neither one are employed by any sort of government entity.

Also, most of the Fed LEO are static type posts and are more "security". In TX, where I am for instance, they are not recognized at all by the statues of peace officer and others. This limits their authority strictly to the property of the Federal Reserve and in some cases, gives them only the authority of a property owner. Basically, make sure you know and understand the jurisdictional restrictions you may face if you want to work for them.

Comment

Federal Reserve LEO Question

Meritflyer,

PM me and I can give you some other details.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4781 users online. 282 members and 4499 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X