Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have carried one pretty much since before they came out. I was luckily enough to get my first while in Afghanistan many many moons ago. I never had an issue with dirt or grime that allegedly happens. I've carried the duty holster for 6 years as a cop. I've had a suspect pull me by it and no issue. I've never had an issue not have seen one firsthand. Our dept now issues them to our recruits.

To answer the original question: yes it will fit with out the the light but tends to rock a little back and forth.
    "Rollin and Patrollin the Wild Wild West of Bham"

Comment

And since there are many documented problems, it would behoove a purchaser to buy the best out there. Serpas, as well as most BH gear is cheaply made crap.

Why risk it, and train yourself in unsafe weapons handling when there are other better holsters out there...

Comment

Originally posted by stillamarine View Post
        I have carried one pretty much since before they came out. I was luckily enough to get my first while in Afghanistan many many moons ago. I never had an issue with dirt or grime that allegedly happens. I've carried the duty holster for 6 years as a cop. I've had a suspect pull me by it and no issue. I've never had an issue not have seen one firsthand. Our dept now issues them to our recruits.

To answer the original question: yes it will fit with out the the light but tends to rock a little back and forth.
        Yea we had the Safariland holsters for several years. Then the boss decided to get new Glocks and some fancy light for the road deputies and the Safariland holsters wouldn't fit. So we got the Serpa's issued.

Wasn't happy-------------but they are mandated so we wear them. My G22 goes in and out of the holster 5 to 6 times a shift and quite honestly flawlessly. I dont' have a lot of dirt or grime in the court room but occasionally I do get out in the field and have no problems.

I could probably talk the sheriff into letting me wear a Safariland again, but it's not worth it as the Serpa is functional (I would just as soon have my M&P back too------------but that isn't happening either)
        My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by TheTick
          When it arrives, return it, and buy a Safariland...
          The version for the G21 without a light, since you are prohibited from being able to directly and easily light up whatever it is that you are pointing your firearm at (which sounds like a Chief Wiggum rule).

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
            Yea we had the Safariland holsters for several years. Then the boss decided to get new Glocks and some fancy light for the road deputies and the Safariland holsters wouldn't fit. So we got the Serpa's issued.

Wasn't happy-------------but they are mandated so we wear them. My G22 goes in and out of the holster 5 to 6 times a shift and quite honestly flawlessly. I dont' have a lot of dirt or grime in the court room but occasionally I do get out in the field and have no problems.

I could probably talk the sheriff into letting me wear a Safariland again, but it's not worth it as the Serpa is functional (I would just as soon have my M&P back too------------but that isn't happening either)
            I'd fight if they try to take my M&P. Lol we issue those now too.
            "Rollin and Patrollin the Wild Wild West of Bham"

Comment

Originally posted by stillamarine View Post
              I'd fight if they try to take my M&P. Lol we issue those now too.
              Luckily they let me buy it
              My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I'll +1 Safariland, especially if you're getting it for your regular Batman belt.

I don't have an issue with the SERPA Level II, but (from what I've seen) the Level III is crap.
                Super Secret Ninja Squirrel
                "SSNS"

The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2482 users online. 134 members and 2348 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X