Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sworn IT Personnel - Any benefits?

Morning!

The agency that I work for is staffed 100% with civilian IT staff. We've had some discussions regarding adding sworn personnel to the mix, but I wanted to get some opinions regarding y'alls experiences. The thought is that they'd be more capable of becoming involved with active investigations, etc. Not to mention the fact that they're often exposed to more information/evidence than many of our officers.

So, for those agencies that have sworn staff in IT, has it been beneficial? What things has it helped you accomplish, how do you think it's working out, what benefits have y'all had in having them there, etc? Anything that you think would be helpful is greatly appreciated!

They become niche employees dedicated to special projects for admin and handling the rollout/maintenance of mdts, cad, etc. Having a professional and competent IT staff is necessary.

Would they handle complex computer crimes? Maybe. But if all they are is a techno-geek and they have ****ty investigative skills... They won't leave the evidence room/IT department.
    semper destravit

Comment

I really can't see the benefit of that position being a sworn officer.

Waste of a sworn slot that could be used on the street.

A friend of mine who I went to the academy with retired from his officer position and became the department IT person (under a separate retirement system)
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3917 users online. 248 members and 3669 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X