300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help a department buy vests

If anyone would like to help my department buy rifle vests, please visit the link below. Thanks!

http://www.gofundme.com/j1oot8
    Originally posted by Ceridwen
    Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Originally posted by gofundme
    "I know there is a lot of bad feelings about cops right now, but for every "bad" officer, there are hundreds, if not thousands, who are good, upstanding men and women, just like you."
    What does the Eric Garner incident or the Michael Brown incident have to do with "bad cops"?
    https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg

List of Islamic terror attacks in the last 30 days

Comment

I didn't say they did, just that there are a lot of bad feelings going around, and while there are some (very few) bad officers, the rest are heros who deserve all the support they can get.
      Originally posted by Ceridwen
      Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

Originally posted by dontknowwhy View Post
        I didn't say they did, just that there are a lot of bad feelings going around, and while there are some (very few) bad officers, the rest are heros who deserve all the support they can get.
        Okay. That's true. I think I am starting to become affected by the constant media narrative. I guess it really is true: if you hear something often enough, day in & day out, you might actually start to believe it.

It's too bad there isn't some way for the police to own that narrative. The media (including Hollywood) are happy to indoctrinate each new generation with falsehoods like "that racist cop didn't have to kill that poor unarmed teenager, he could have shot him in the leg, although even that would be disproportionate", or "that teenager wasn't holding the knife in any threatening manner; there was no reason for the cop to execute him in the street like that", or "the cop shot him dead with 12 shots, when all he needed was one shot in the leg, or probably just a warning shot", or "Eric Garner was choked to death by that officer, over some untaxed cigarettes; he didn't deserve to die like that over a few cigarettes" etc.

I am pro-police, and I don't believe any of the above nonsense, but that narrative is establishing itself more and more every day. When I have black customers in the taxi, I find myself avoiding the topic of Eric Garner / Michael Brown, because I worry that my customers will see it like Al Sharpton does.
        https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg

List of Islamic terror attacks in the last 30 days

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6570 users online. 370 members and 6200 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X