• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some people need to be held at gunpoint, not taserpoint

Heal quickly Officer Andrew Groman

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...215-story.html

Baltimore police officer shooting details emerge

Officer Andrew Groman stood outside the car and ordered passenger Donte Jones to show his hands, police say, but the 19-year-old passenger wouldn't.

Groman warned Jones he would be hit with a Taser. Finally, police say, the officer fired the shock gun at him.

At the same time, police say, Jones withdrew a black revolver and squeezed off three rounds. A bullet slipped under Groman's bulletproof vest, police say, wounding him in the abdomen.

A day after the shooting in West Baltimore, the 27-year-old police officer was recovering Monday from surgery at Sinai Hospital with family and fellow officers at his side. Jones was being held in the Baltimore jail, charged with attempted murder, assault, resisting arrest and other offenses... *continued @ above link*
    Don't let all the protesting people who don't understand what you face influence your decision on which tool you need to ensure that you go home safely. Anyone who has a problem with an officer drawing down on someone who refuses to show their hands during a traffic stop is an idiot.

The moron who did this:

Glad to hear that Officer Andrew Groman is recovering ok. Man that is a bad situation, but if someone won't show you your hands there's always a good reason why.

Comment

Get well soon, Groman. We need you back, buddy!

Comment

Best wishes to the officer and his family!
        Atlanta & Los Angeles

Comment

Best wishes to Officer Groman

I hope that the thug responsible (wow, he looks like a classy guy huh?) has a nice long stay in a metal cage with Bubba.
          REINSTATE THE TRIG
          Originally posted by Iowa #1603
          Your logic defies logic
          Originally posted by Rudy8116
          Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
          Originally posted by Michigan
          Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
          Originally posted by TheTick
          A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
          This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
          Originally posted by 02paul09
          Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

Originally posted by indy_dibona View Post
            Best wishes to Officer Groman

I hope that the thug responsible (wow, he looks like a classy guy huh?) has a nice long stay in a metal cage with Bubba.

A couple things about your post:

1) a classy guy? Baltimore? Neck Tats? Gold grill? Can you say gang member?! ( he was on PAROLE AND PROBATION)

2) Bubba? This guy isn't afraid of Bubba. This guy made his "bones" and pretty much validated his status in his gang. His may even be a "shot caller" because of this. Jail doesn't deter this guy, it's like a second home for him.

Further... Anthony Batts' comments about the protestors were AWESOME made even MORE awesome when the local NAACP president pretty much validated them. I literally laughed out loud.
            Last edited by RGDS; 12-17-2014, 01:08 PM.
            semper destravit

Comment

Originally posted by RGDS View Post
              A couple things about your post:

1) a classy guy? Baltimore? Neck Tats? Gold grill? Can you say gang member?! ( he was on PAROLE AND PROBATION)

2) Bubba? This guy isn't afraid of Bubba. This guy made his "bones" and pretty much validated his status in his gang. His may even be a "shot caller" because of this. Jail doesn't deter this guy, it's like a second home for him.

Further... Anthony Batts' comments about the protestors were AWESOME made even MORE awesome when the local NAACP president pretty much validated them. I literally laughed out loud.
              ....I need to get better at this....

Post was full sarcasm (except about Officer Groman, hope he has a full and speedy recovery).

"Classy" was sarcasm due to the reasons you listed. Guy looks like an uneducated, evil, thug.

So - since jail doesn't deter people like him - what can LE actually do? Not sure if I can ask what you think would be a fitting punishment (get in trouble with dept.?), but what would be a more effective consequence (from your experience) to alter his behavior, instead of putting him in a "second home"?

Did google Bratts comment - my hats off to him
              REINSTATE THE TRIG
              Your logic defies logic
              Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
              This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.

Comment

...So - since jail doesn't deter people like him - what can LE actually do? Not sure if I can ask what you think would be a fitting punishment (get in trouble with dept.?), but what would be a more effective consequence (from your experience) to alter his behavior, instead of putting him in a "second home"?...
                My answer is not appropriate for public forum consumption.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
                  My answer is not appropriate for public forum consumption.
                  I agree with your answer
                  REINSTATE THE TRIG
                  Your logic defies logic

Comment

I got your sarcasm.

Just because jail isn't a deterrence doesn't mean you don't lock him up. Of the many recognized forms of punishment (deterrence, incapacitation, etc) things can be multilayered. Jail and punishment are necessarily the same thing. Jail and prison are not the same thing.

Jail is a PRE-SENTENCE form of detention. He hasn't been "punished" because he has not been convicted. It can be used as a form of POST-SENTENCE incarceration (like Misdemeanors and low level Felonies).

THIS guy is going back to prison probably for a long time (a decade or more-maybe even life). While he probably doesn't fear jail, I haven't meet too many people who really don't mind spending decades in prison. "Lock him up and throw away the key" is decent NSFW approved response.
                    semper destravit

Comment

What's everyone talking about? This situation was perfect! We should take guns away from all officers! The bad guy was caught without injury. The only person injured was the officer and everyone knows that's what we pay them for! If the officer had used a gun instead, a poor black youth might have been murdered by the officer just as he was turning his life around.
                      “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

A quote from the page linked in post #7: "Batts’s horrible 'question' disrespects the work of this movement by erasing its motivation with false equivalency. More important, it once again dishonors and dismisses the lives his department has brutally stolen. Baltimore Bloc demands an immediate apology from Batts and the Department, and we demand that the Mayor and City Council join us in condemning his statement."

I got your "movement" right here, "Baltimore Bloc." poop-w-flies.gif
                        I had a smiley for the "apology," too, but I can't find it. It looks like something Jack Nicholson once said, but it uses both hands.
                        --
                        Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

Originally posted by RGDS View Post
                          Jail is a PRE-SENTENCE form of detention. He hasn't been "punished" because he has not been convicted. It can be used as a form of POST-SENTENCE incarceration (like Misdemeanors and low level Felonies).

THIS guy is going back to prison probably for a long time (a decade or more-maybe even life). While he probably doesn't fear jail, I haven't meet too many people who really don't mind spending decades in prison. "Lock him up and throw away the key" is decent NSFW approved response.
                          Thanks for the heads up about jail - I didn't know it was used as a post-sentencing punishment - I figured it was ALWAYS prison.

Yes, cast my vote in with "lock him up and throw away the key", along with whatever is going on inside the enigma that is Carbonfiberfoot's head

Originally posted by NYCDep View Post
                          What's everyone talking about? This situation was perfect! We should take guns away from all officers! The bad guy was caught without injury. The only person injured was the officer and everyone knows that's what we pay them for! If the officer had used a gun instead, a poor black youth might have been murdered by the officer just as he was turning his life around.
                          I think you are on to something! But what about police driving so fast? I think thats a danger too - what if we just replace all the metal in the squad cars with bubble wrap? And speed limit all cars to 15mph - that way no innocent black teenager gets hurt!
                          REINSTATE THE TRIG
                          Your logic defies logic

Comment

So - since jail doesn't deter people like him - what can LE actually do? Not sure if I can ask what you think would be a fitting punishment (get in trouble with dept.?), but what would be a more effective consequence (from your experience) to alter his behavior, instead of putting him in a "second home"?
                            What CAN they do - or what SHOULD HAPPEN in a perfect world? Those are light years apart.
                            Originally posted by RSGSRT
                            We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                            Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
                              What CAN they do - or what SHOULD HAPPEN in a perfect world? Those are light years apart.
                              Agreed. Why not both? What *should be done* and what can *actually* be done?
                              REINSTATE THE TRIG
                              Your logic defies logic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7108 users online. 365 members and 6743 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X