Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H&k vp9

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • H&k vp9

    Has anyone here tried out the VP9?

    What are your thoughts?

    I was going to get a Glock 17 gen 4, but am interested in the VP9. Will be able to shoot one soon, but would like to see what kind of opinions the O.com people have.


    Before you try to sway me to 1911 frames or anything else I will let you know I am a Glock "Fanboy" of sorts.

    Oh and I know it is different for every person, but thought some opinions would help me critique my upcoming experience with it more thoroughly.

  • #2
    There is a sub-forum for firearms: http://forums.officer.com/f18/
    https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg

    List of Islamic terror attacks in the last 30 days

    Comment


    • #3
      I stayed away from there since I am a non LEO. Granted its not specifically LEO only, but I did not want to interrupt all the profound discussions about duty gear with my civie posts.
      Last edited by jtay; 12-11-2014, 12:10 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by jtay View Post
        Has anyone here tried out the VP9?

        What are your thoughts?

        I was going to get a Glock 17 gen 4, but am interested in the VP9. Will be able to shoot one soon, but would like to see what kind of opinions the O.com people have.


        Before you try to sway me to 1911 frames or anything else I will let you know I am a Glock "Fanboy" of sorts.

        Oh and I know it is different for every person, but thought some opinions would help me critique my upcoming experience with it more thoroughly.
        It is by all accounts of those who know their sh%$ an excellent polymer double stack striker fired pistol. It's on the short list of easy choices and already popular with many shooters. Personally, I'd take most of the better striker fired polymer pistols (M&P, Walther PPQ, HKVp9) over a Glock, but never been a big Glock fan personally.
        - Will

        Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

        www.OptimalSWAT.com

        General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

        www.BrinkZone.com

        Comment


        • #5
          I enjoyed my trigger time on one. They have a great grip profile and a great trigger (I prefer the further forward break to the PPQ's). However, the bore axis is a little higher than some of the competition (Glock\M&P\SR), resulting in slightly more felt recoil, which translates into higher split times between shots.

          Once they release a factory threaded-barrel equipped version, I plan to pick one up.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jtay View Post
            I stayed away from there since I am a non LEO. Granted its not specifically LEO only, but I did not want to interrupt all the profound discussions about duty gear with my civie posts.
            The discussion STILL should have been in the firearms area
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

            My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
              The discussion STILL should have been in the firearms area
              Yes, Iowa, if I could I would move it. Lesson learned.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by WillBrink View Post
                It is by all accounts of those who know their sh%$ an excellent polymer double stack striker fired pistol. It's on the short list of easy choices and already popular with many shooters. Personally, I'd take most of the better striker fired polymer pistols (M&P, Walther PPQ, HKVp9) over a Glock, but never been a big Glock fan personally.
                I do well ergonomically with Glocks... Enjoy the M&Ps. Might have to do the VP9

                Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
                I enjoyed my trigger time on one. They have a great grip profile and a great trigger (I prefer the further forward break to the PPQ's). However, the bore axis is a little higher than some of the competition (Glock\M&P\SR), resulting in slightly more felt recoil, which translates into higher split times between shots.

                Once they release a factory threaded-barrel equipped version, I plan to pick one up.
                That's a good point on the bore axis... I was hoping for less felt recoil with it being slightly heavier in comparison to the G17. The other thing that surprised me was the lower round count with VP9 at 15+1.

                Comment


                • #9
                  So the VP9 has slightly more felt recoil. Also the paddle style magazine release would need some getting use to. Other than that it is a pretty nice firearm.

                  Still ended up with the G17. It is a nice firearm and very accurate. The interchangeable back straps with the Gen4 is a nice touch. All in all I am fairly pleased with my new G17.

                  Comment

                  MR300x250 Tablet

                  Collapse

                  What's Going On

                  Collapse

                  There are currently 6227 users online. 350 members and 5877 guests.

                  Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                  Welcome Ad

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X