• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASOinFL
    replied
    >>So now, despite having admitted to the police
    >>that they DID say those things, they're on TV
    >>denying it.

But of course they're denying it.....Trial by public opinion might be their intention.

"We, at Channel 9 believe these men are victims of an overzealous, tolitarian police force. Gov. Jeb, let these boys go."

"We're innocent, people of America. Haji, put that airplane magazine away!"

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....maybe the election problems are intended to draw attention away from this matter. or vice versa. [Wink]

Leave a comment:

• Niteshift
    replied
    So now, despite having admitted to the police that they DID say those things, they're on TV denying it. Now I want them prosecuted even more.

Leave a comment:

• CinaC
    replied
    quote:
    How about calling people who live in small southern towns racist, is that racism
    It's certainly stereotypical.

Leave a comment:

• jarhead6073
    replied
    My problem is that the family had not even talked to the brother yet. They had NO information other than what they saw on TV yet they feel that calling everyone racists is justified? How about calling people who live in small southern towns racist, is that racism???

Leave a comment:

• Pig
    replied
    Hey! Hey! Hey! We are very cosmopolitan here. We even have a Wal-Mart, LOL. I know what you mean. Sometimes I wonder where some of the people I deal with come from. Shoney's is definitely the big redneck place to eat. Waffle House is just down the street by the way, but it is still under renovation. It was destroyed by a tornado a couple months ago. I guess those guys were at about the most redneck place they could get. I agree. Put their ***es in jail. They knew better than to start saying something like that in todays time. I'm still not sure how much of a hoax it really is. We had a discussion about why they were speaking English. I may be wrong, but I don't think any of the three countries they were from would have had a common language. This is probably why they were using English. As redneck as it may be, Shoney's still has a great breakfast bar.

Leave a comment:

• Niteshift
    replied
    Going on national TV, making accusations and calling people liar and racist are not acceptable to me. I understand the desire to defend family, but a prudent person at least gets a little info FIRST, instead of talking out of their ***.

Leave a comment:

replied
    They shouldn't have done what they did (which they are now denying doing at all). And I don't know who this woman is I simply meant that they could have felt that she was racist. My point being that for the familiy to feel that they were the target of racism isn't unfounded.

Leave a comment:

• Niteshift
    replied
    "Not that the woman was wrong for tipping the police but that doesn't mean she wasn't a racist...Starring at those Middle Eastern looking men."

Nor does staring at them make her a racist.

When I went into a grocery store in a remote area of Panama, I had a little kid stand and stare at me. I'm taller than the average resident there, and he'd never seen a guy with red hair before. didn't make him a racist.

Now, before you say it, I'm sure she's seem arabic people before. She says she's worked with people from Pakistan. My point is that staring does not equal racism.

And so what if she did? That should justify what they did? I hardly think so.

Let's be blunt. I doubt that part of GA is exactly the most cosmopolitan area in the Southeast and then you stop in one of the redneck draws (a Shoneys. I love their breakfast bar ), hell, why not go to Waffle House.

No, it's not "right" that they feel uncomfortable, but it's certainly not a suprise for them either. They shouldn't have done what they did.

Leave a comment:

replied
    So what if they cried racism? Not that the woman was wrong for tipping the police but that doesn't mean she wasn't a racist...Starring at those Middle Eastern looking men. There is allot of that going on and if white guys can feel oppressed why can't Middle Easterners in a post 9/11 world?

Leave a comment:

• jarhead6073
    replied
    Not only were they calling the woman a liar, the first thing they were spewing was racism this that and the other. It's because I wear a scarf blah blah blah... We're dicriminated agianst whatever. They were stupid. They said stupid things.

One guy on Fox said that the police had no right to tear apart the cars. All they had was this tip. Hello? Was he paying attention? If the dogs hadn't hit something I don't think that they wouldn have searched the car like they did.

I didn't think about Tampa and I didn't know that there was a nuclear plant there. The farthest south I've been on I-75 is where it meets the 10 so I'm not that familiar with it south of there.

I'm still not convinced that this is over. How many people have gotten away with something, or tried to get out of trouble by saying "It was only a joke" "What's the big deal?" I'm unconvinced.

Leave a comment:

• CinaC
    replied
    I remember hearing an interesting end note along this lines. That Blockbuster shooting a few months back? Dad comes into pick up his son, confronts two guys with shotguns robbing the place, and shoots them both? The father of one of the dead men threw a fit ... said his son would never do something like this ... that the other father was a murderer ...

... and then after a few days had passed, he changed his tone 180 degrees, admitting that he'd been too blinded by emotion to see anything but what he wanted too.*

I think allowances should be made for family members speaking in the heat of the moment (although they'd probably do better to not speak to anyone until they'd calmed down).

* I may have gotten some details wrong, but I was pretty clear that was how it unfolded.

In a somewhat related bit to the thread title: a few illegal immigrants from Morroco (sp?) were arrested in Baltimore within the past few weeks. I haven't been following the story as closely as I should have (been busy finding a new job - YAY! and working on school schidt). There were eight people, no ID, in an unfurnished apartment. They had computers linked to 1700 flight schools; pamphlets of journals on "Islamic Holy War"; and materials to make false IDs.

Leave a comment:

• Niteshift
    replied
    Not, not the high heels line.

We hear it all the time.......My son would NEVER shoplift, the store is lying. My daughter would NEVER drink, your officer is wrong. Blah, blah, blah.

But that sister should go back on TV and apologize.

Leave a comment:

• CinaC
    replied
    quote:
    That was the first thing my dad said.
    Including the high-heels bit?

quote:
    Other than the families, who have called the woman a liar,
    I wouldn't judge the families too hard ... I tend to put up a thick wall when people talk bad about my family (I can only imagine my reaction if my sister or cousins were accused of something like this ...) "What? They'd NEVER! That woman's a LIAR!"

Leave a comment:

• Niteshift
    replied
    "Why would someone criticize the tipster?"

Other than the families, who have called the woman a liar, I've already heard some crying about predjudice and how we're turning into a police state.

Let's face it, they made her think it ON PURPOSE. Whatever happens to them is deserved.

"I've got say I'm a bit surprised by how public she's made herself. I don't know if I'd be willing to be anything but an anonymous tipster, were I in her high-heels."

That was the first thing my dad said.

"Where are they from and are they both from the same place?"

There were 3 of them. One is Iranian, one Pakistani and IIRC, the third was Syrian or Lebanese.

Leave a comment:

• CinaC
    replied
    quote:
    If they were really planning something unlawful would they be speaking English
    You'd think they wouldn't be speaking of it at all! On the other hand, maybe they were all really stupid and forgot to read Rule #3 of Osama's Top Ten Rules on Convert Attacks on the Great Satan?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5642 users online. 345 members and 5297 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X