300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's going on in FL?

The dogs found explosives? The bomb techs aren't finding any? Am I the only one who's confused by this? Who else thinks that this may be a "diversion"?
    On the wings of a dove
    Let's roll for justice
    Let's roll for truth
    Let's not let our children grow up
    Fearful in their youth -- Neil Young

Detection dogs will hit on alot of things that wouldn't be considered explosives...

I believe that in the Florida thing, the dogs hit on the stuff used in nail guns.
    -Sparky

Comment

I'm not making guesses yet.........it's all falling into place too well.

Comment

Do you think it was staged, Nite?

Comment

No. Nor do I think it was a diversion.

I'm spending most of my brain power thinking about possible targets.

BTW, this is going on about 45 miles from me.

Comment

Stay safe.

Comment

Nite, I agree. Was thinking that this is pretty wierd. I have that uneasy feeling. Reminds me of a few days ago on 9-11-02, two guys were stopped by NYPD on the Brooklyn bridge because they had switched plates. Turns out one of the guys in the van was on the FBI's terror alert list. I think that guy was definately up to no good.

Comment

We're not out of the woods by any means. More things will happen, I'll bet on it.

But it's pretty damn hard to call it a coincidence that the same guys the waitress hears in North Georgia end up in S. FL (blowing a toll booth of all things, but they were under observation by then) and having bomb dogs alert on their cars.

My initial thought is that they already planted whatever they had on the way (I-75 runs through the middle of my county) and are headed to Miami Intl. to hop a plane out of here.

I'm still trying to think of what would have the target value.

Comment

It seems odd though. They have an open discussion in a resturant. Speed. Blow thru a toll plaza... It almost seems like they wanted to get cought. I dunno, it just seems too strange.

It looks like the only thing between where they were in GA and where they got stopped is Atlanta.

BTW, I just saw a press conference with some of the family. Usual BS, but the sister of one of the guys said that her brother was on his way to do some sort of internship at a hospital in Miami and that she was going to fly down Sunday.

[ 09-13-2002, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: jarhead6073 ]
                  On the wings of a dove
                  Let's roll for justice
                  Let's roll for truth

Comment

You've also got the bridge going to the Keys.

To me this is a perfect example of totality of the circumstances and exactly what Homeland Defense wanted to accomplish with their neighborhood watch program.

Even if this turns out to be a false alarm, as it just may be, I think the lady in GA made a good call. It also shows a lot of communication between the agencies and that BOLO's don't go unnoticed.

Comment

The entire response, time from first notifiction to time of vehicle stop has now been noted. This could have been a test run for intelligence reasons, by the bad guys.

Jim Burnes

Comment

Just came across the news. The three guys are saying they were deliberately joking around because this woman was staring at them funny. They felt she was profiling them so they decided to mess with her.

Jeb Bush says the men should be charged for it. My question is charged with what? If thats all it was then they broke no laws. Its not conspiracy to do anything unless they made some steps towards it.

There isn't a crime about stupidity. Too bad. Then they could charge the three men and the woman too.

Comment

Well, Nite, I guess it really is a small world. The restaurant where it all started is only about 5 miles from my house. It may all be BS, but I don't believe if I were of Middle Eastern decsent that I would be joking about something like that in public.

Comment

One story has it that they were "joking" with the woman because she was giving them funny looks and they felt that they were being "profiled". Now, does that make it a better idea or a worse idea to "joke" with someone you feel is suspicious of you?
                            On the wings of a dove
                            Let's roll for justice
                            Let's roll for truth

Comment

I agree with Nites first conclusion. So much time elapsed from when they were initially reported to when they were captured. They could have dropped off anything anywhere en-route. The dogs would have picked up the residue. Back in the UK even during a cease fire the IRA would still be doing dummy runs and moving arms and explosives to diffrent locations. Even though they now say it was a hoax we'll never know. It does however show that the message has finally got home to the public over here. Be alert! you now have a second front, The Home Front!!
                              Stay Safe All!
                              "We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm" - George Orwell

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2596 users online. 133 members and 2463 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X