Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration issued guidelines Monday that ban federal law enforcement from profiling on the basis of religion, national origin and other characteristics, protocols the Justice Department hopes could be a model for local departments as the nation tackles questions about the role race plays in policing."

How am I supposed to know what someone's religion or national origin is?
    "Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned."

Comment

Originally posted by Max K View Post
      Let's say it is not a racial profiling ban, but a car color profiling ban. Let's say the police are looking for a stolen late-model Dodge Charger, black in color. On the computer screen in the police car, it says: "stolen late-model Dodge Charger, color unknown" (to comply with the new car color profiling ban). Is this what is meant? Somebody tell me it's not really that dumb. That even in cases where racial characteristics of a suspect are known, they cannot be used? This would be good news for criminals!
      No. If there is a description of a black dodge charger, then the entire description is made available and used.
      "Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned."

Comment

Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
        The problem is that some (not all) black people assume they're being targeted because of their race. Latest example was a traffic stop I assisted on. They were pulled over for running a red light and going 75 in a 25. The driver and passenger were black - the regular cop who did the stop was white, as am I and my partner. Guess what the driver and passenger started spouting. It was 2 am in the morning and there was absolutely no way in hell to know WHO was in the car, especially at that speed.

That's what is most infuriating. So many people assume race has something to do with the interaction with the police officers, just because the citizen is black. I've even seen accusations against black officers that they're racist.

Show me a police/citizen interaction where there was no crimes committed on behalf of the citizen and they were stopped solely on their race. THEN I'll start believing there is a problem.
        Exactly. I'm sure some people will say anything to avoid responsibility, but a lot of people really believe it. My usual response is that I have had more than one interaction with the police and each time I have been stopped, it was based on my actions and not my race or any other characteristics.

Comment

So if you encounter an individual standing next to a high-end car with the driver's side window punched out and a screwdriver in his hand, you're not allowed to "profile" him as a possible car thief?

We ALL "profile" to some extent each and every day with the people we come into contact with, it's what you do when you're on high alert. Color doesn't matter. Your head swivels around like a hootie-owls', and it's called survival! I guess that's what happens after 30 some odd years dealing with the lowest of the lowest. It's almost automatic.

Call me cynical, but I just don't get it. The liberals, (with the help of the media), are just ramping up their campaign to get more liberals elected into office, and the sad part is, the sheep are buying it. Is anyone else getting tired of this crap?

Comment

Ski, Lord knows I've been disappointed in the past, but I think the midterm elections are a pretty good gauge of just how tired people ARE getting of this crap. As is almost always the case, the liberals, the media, the hug a thug crowd, none of whom are usually noted for much G-2, just don't/won't get it.

Comment

As I've said before, Holder is just one of those 1960's anti-establishment agitator types who's just working from Saul Alinsky's playbook. I bet that if he could, he'd sit on top of a multi-colored bus at Woodstock again.
              It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                Well, there is no place on earth that shows the lack of understanding than what we see on this forum............
                Lol. You should try XDTalk.

Comment

Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
                  The problem is that some (not all) black people assume they're being targeted because of their race. Latest example was a traffic stop I assisted on. They were pulled over for running a red light and going 75 in a 25. The driver and passenger were black - the regular cop who did the stop was white, as am I and my partner. Guess what the driver and passenger started spouting. It was 2 am in the morning and there was absolutely no way in hell to know WHO was in the car, especially at that speed.

That's what is most infuriating. So many people assume race has something to do with the interaction with the police officers, just because the citizen is black. I've even seen accusations against black officers that they're racist.

Show me a police/citizen interaction where there was no crimes committed on behalf of the citizen and they were stopped solely on their race. THEN I'll start believing there is a problem.
                  This is how they are raised. "Cops are evil and hate you cause you're black." or some derivation thereof is what they are told from the time they can toddle. So of course, when a LEO catches them breaking the law, it MUST be because they're black. The race card never gets old.

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                  Yeah, it's amazing . All this "guidance" from a racist, incompetent, WUS, who doesn't know the first thing about policing, and totally lacks the cajones to find out. In case anyone missed it, I'm referring to that clown Eric Holder.
                  Frankly, you could have been referring to a number of people in power, even with a description that specific. Sad.

Originally posted by codemanski View Post
                  So if you encounter an individual standing next to a high-end car with the driver's side window punched out and a screwdriver in his hand, you're not allowed to "profile" him as a possible car thief?
                  Man, he was on his way to church and saw the broken window and he was going to fix it for the guy. Why so suspicious?

Comment

Apparently the federal government is way behind the states. We've had racial a profiling ban for decades and have been thoroughly documenting every traffic stop since 2000. With a few mouse clicks I can get a pretty graph showing who has been stopped by my officers. Interestingly enough it is right in line with the demographics of the area, which, by the way, really upset a news reporter one time.

Comment

The only profiling that I have ever really had was officers being nice because I was nice. That will be illegal next because it simply isn't fair to thugs that act badly

Comment

Oops... double post. Forgive me. Been a while since I've been on this forum

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5649 users online. 346 members and 5303 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X