Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignorant people

http://youtu.be/fYNdrsxrgNo

What are y'alls thoughts on people like this???? Has anyone encountered somebody acting in this manner since the Ferguson incident?

watching this I still dont understand why anyone would want to be a police officer in this day and age.

Clearly we know what was in the back of thos officers heads which is why they didnt take that jack*** down.

Comment

lol @ 'He knows who I am. He's the arresting officer on one of my cases.'

Comment

I hate to say it, but I will steer my children away from a career in LE. I love my job and my brothers and sisters in LE, but it is changing for the worse.

Stay safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
          lol @ 'He knows who I am. He's the arresting officer on one of my cases.'

Almost choked on my beverage when I heard that statement!

Comment

There is clearly way more to this than Walmart not liking him. Stupidity ought to be a crime... Because that would have been a felony.
            Last edited by RGDS; 12-05-2014, 12:00 AM.
            semper destravit

Comment

Look, Im as frustrated with the current state of slander our career is getting as everyone else who puts on blue everyday. HOWEVER, I will NOT allow that to change how I conduct business at work, He let the suspect control that entire encounter just because he wanted to make a scene.

If there was a legit complaint that this guy was shoplifting which is what it appeared to be by the conversation and the employees attempting to prevent him from pushing the cart out of the store, why not treat it as such. If he refuses to comply with simple directions then make a decision are you going to arrest him or let him leave and it be over? Aint no point in continuing to say please over and over just because someone is recording. "Ask, tell, make" seems like it would have been good for this.
              "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Comment

He would be under arrest for evading or eluding detention as soon as he left the store. If he wished to "defend" himself, that would be his choice (mistake). He would receive an additional charge of resisting arrest.

However, one issue arises often with Loss Prevention, especially at Walmart. They have ONE FREAKING JOB.. prevent/prosecute theft. And yet many of them never bother to pick up a law book and read the 2 main statutes in Texas regarding shoplifting type thefts. If this was one of those deals where you "have to" show your receipt before you leave the store. That doesn't cut it. That's a store policy, not law. Refusing to show your receipt does not constitute reasonable ground to believe you have committed Theft. Sadly, I suspect that may be what's happening here due to the focus on "the receipt." If you expect me to detain someone based on not having a receipt, you're gonna have to do better than that. I need additional evidence that they stole something and preferably tell me at least one of the things that they stole. A receipt is just a piece of paper. It's not part of the contract for sale. The contract is complete when the money is exchanged for the merchandise. Not having a receipt doesn't make the merchandise not yours.

Comment

Originally posted by allen_gamble View Post
                  He would be under arrest for evading or eluding detention as soon as he left the store. If he wished to "defend" himself, that would be his choice (mistake). He would receive an additional charge of resisting arrest.

However, one issue arises often with Loss Prevention, especially at Walmart. They have ONE FREAKING JOB.. prevent/prosecute theft. And yet many of them never bother to pick up a law book and read the 2 main statutes in Texas regarding shoplifting type thefts. If this was one of those deals where you "have to" show your receipt before you leave the store. That doesn't cut it. That's a store policy, not law. Refusing to show your receipt does not constitute reasonable ground to believe you have committed Theft. Sadly, I suspect that may be what's happening here due to the focus on "the receipt." If you expect me to detain someone based on not having a receipt, you're gonna have to do better than that. I need additional evidence that they stole something and preferably tell me at least one of the things that they stole. A receipt is just a piece of paper. It's not part of the contract for sale. The contract is complete when the money is exchanged for the merchandise. Not having a receipt doesn't make the merchandise not yours.
                  There was an incident in GA (Woodstock) where someone purchased an Xbox and refused to show the Walmart receipt checker their receipt at the door. The receipt checker followed them out into the parking lot saying that they stole the item. A bystander tried to help out... by tackling the man. The man had paid for the item, and had the receipt. Needless to say, Walmart ended up settling with that gentleman for a pile of loot. The last time I was there, they were no longer checking receipts.

Comment

I encounter people that act like this all the time. Sometimes you can wait them out, then explain that they'd be home, in bed, and relaxing if they would have just handed me the receipt and an ID (in this case). Sometimes these people get arrested for obstructing and/or resisting when they didn't even commit a crime, but would not cooperate during an investigation to determine their innocence.

I always find myself arresting people who can't cooperate or they lie over small issues that would get a warning from me any other time. Maybe it's because I'm on midnights and everyone is drunk or stoned.

Comment

Originally posted by Item9 View Post
                      I encounter people that act like this all the time. Sometimes you can wait them out, then explain that they'd be home, in bed, and relaxing if they would have just handed me the receipt and an ID (in this case). Sometimes these people get arrested for obstructing and/or resisting when they didn't even commit a crime, but would not cooperate during an investigation to determine their innocence.

I always find myself arresting people who can't cooperate or they lie over small issues that would get a warning from me any other time. Maybe it's because I'm on midnights and everyone is drunk or stoned.
                      That last sentence probably sums it up! Haha

Comment

Originally posted by Sooner2000 View Post
                        http://youtu.be/fYNdrsxrgNo

What are y'alls thoughts on people like this???? Has anyone encountered somebody acting in this manner since the Ferguson incident?
                        I've dealt with idiots like him way before the Ferguson crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve856
                          Maybe the guy was a criminal attorney...
                          If that was the best defense he could muster against a receipt check at Walmart, I'd hate to see his performance at trial.

If a Walmart employee asked a cop to check my receipt, I'd show it to him\her at the return section... as I took everything back.
                          Last edited by Carbonfiberfoot; 12-05-2014, 07:59 PM.

Comment

I didn't watch the video, but I wanted to point out something about the subject line: "Ignorance" is lack of information about something. Actual ignorance can be cured by information, but stupidity goes on forever. I think the guy in the video was more likely stooopid than ignorant, but that's just a guess.

Did I guess right?
                            --
                            Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

Originally posted by RR_Security View Post
                              I didn't watch the video, but I wanted to point out something about the subject line: "Ignorance" is lack of information about something. Actual ignorance can be cured by information, but stupidity goes on forever. I think the guy in the video was more likely stooopid than ignorant, but that's just a guess.

Did I guess right?

I think he was a little bit of both.

...err, a LOT of both.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5516 users online. 341 members and 5175 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X