Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To the LEO's and LEO supporters - prepare to be enraged.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the LEO's and LEO supporters - prepare to be enraged.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152790165516084

Let them talk, let them march. It's their 1st Amendment right. Most of these lily white hipsters are nothing more than big mouthed gutless cowards anyway. Their calls to action are heard and heeded by no one other than other big mouthed gutless cowards. The truth of the matter is, they're eventually going to have to come to one of two conclusions: 1) They're delusional, the system isn't the racist juggernaut they thought it was, and they need to get a job. 2) If our system is as intrinsically racist and brutal as they claim, the only thing the system would understand is violence and war, and they'll have to decide whether or not they're willing to die to for change. Either way, in the end, they lose.
    "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
    -Chris Rock

Comment

Always remember.......the camera can lie. Last night the picture "protestors" blocking traffic, mostly in Manhattan. There were less "protestors" than people at the tree lighting. The press makes a big deal of the unwahed protesting but in a city of over 7 million their numbers are miniscule.

Comment

Enraged? Hell, I'm too busy getting on with life for that crap. I've made my views known on these forums, so they're a matter of record. Past that I have the ability to change the channel when Ocrappa, Holder, Al or Jessie show up on the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sehd510
          Yeah, this is typical behavior in San Francisco, especially during protests whether it be Occupy or police brutality. SFPD always get pelted with crap and physically attacked, been going on since the 90's that I can remember. Only difference here is that someone caught it on Camera. I remember during the Unrest which followed after Oscar Grant in Oakland, many officers were attacked, some with bottles and bricks to the head. Bottom line, they love to Riot here in the Bay Area, they do it after Entertainment venues such as Concerts and Sports games, why not at Protests?

I agree with the sentiment here, however I can also empathize with these protesters. These aren't isolated incidents, Brutality by Police on Citizen populaces are a Country wide issue. However, I am of the opinion that chanting the same crap over and over, standing in the middle of the roadway to block traffic or even using Violence isn't doing anything to change it, if anything it's showing the powers that be, that they need a Militarized Police Force to deal with it. So I think if anything these temper tantrums are doing more to harm the cause than help it.

It would be nice if Officers could refrain from dispensing some curbside justice or unloading their whole clips into unarmed suspects when a single bullet to the leg would suffice. I support the LE Community to an extent, but what I'm seeing first hand in the field sometimes is outright ridiculous, so I can understand where the anger comes from.
          I highlighted the underlying ignorance.

Outsiders (in anything, but espscially in Law Enforcement) don't tend to understand that that people in a group (insiders) don't jsut start doing something out of the wild blue, but rather are doing things based on knowldeged gained by CENTURIES of trial and error (as well as decades of current science).

We don't 'shoot people in the leg' because doing so does not work and in the past has gotten police officers killed. Real life is not TV, people don't fly 20 feet in the opposite direction when shot. They also don't crumple to the ground, dropping whatever weapon that had thus ending the threat. People have been shot FATALLY and still been able to kill or maim other human beings before dying (same as a charging bear can be fatally shot and still maul the shooter to death).

When a 'civilian' says "you could have shot them in the leg" (or shot the gun out of their hands like the Lone Ranger) they are really saying "I am 100% ignorant of not only the realities of law enforcement, but the realities of the laws of physics and of human biology/physiology, but I'm also too ignorant to recognize my ignorance".

As for the 'isolated incidents' comment, you are wrong there too. These are isolated incidents. This country has 315,000,000 people and 800,000 of them are cops. Most of those cops, you will NEVER even know existed. Fewerer than 1/3rd of 1% will be a party to an officer involved shooting over the course of a year, and most will never use deadly force of any kind against a suspect during their entire career.

again, stop thinking real life is like a movie or that TV news is actually...news, because it ain't.
          ~Gun control has always been about punishing the people that didn't shoot anyone.

Comment

I don't watch many movies or even Television nor do I tune into the News channels. I admit, I've never been a Cop so I lack certain insights. However I think you are confused, my comment about isolated Incidents was referring to Police Brutality. Perhaps I didn't make that clear enough and if that's the case I apologize. What I meant with my shooting comment, was that if Police Officers stopped being morons and just did their jobs we'd be seeing much less Protests and Anarchy in the streets. I doubt it would all go away cause, there's always someone bitching about something.

Maybe Officers in your neck of the woods are little angels, but here in my neck of the woods we do have some really bad, loose cannons on the forces here. And while Departments have done what they can to weed these people out, some still get into the department regardless. I'd also like to add that not all Suspects shot by Police are Armed, so the excuse for Lethal force is a moot point in that regard.

These Protests are less about Police shooting and killing suspects, that's just the Catalyst for the bigger picture. People are fed up with being treated like crap by Officers. Race just muddies the water in all honesty, I've seen people of all colors getting harassed over trivial things. I myself, have been stopped and harassed for silly reasons. Perhaps if Police Officers just did their jobs and resisted the urge to lower themselves to the Suspects level, we'd have less headaches as a society. However Officers are human and there lies the problem.
            There are 2 points I can make here. The first and most obvious is that the police are just enforcing the laws which are put on the books by the federal, state and local legislatures. The police didn't just make these laws up to "harass" people with. If you don't like the laws put your focus and energy into lobbying the legislature to change the law. These same laws are put into effect for a reason, and that reason is not simply to harass. Ex: Some people think that 'No cell phone while driving,' or 'No bikes being ridden on the sidewalk' are silly, but one creates a dangerous situation for other motorists and the other creates a nuisance for people walking on the sidewalk (a bike is technically a transportation vehicle, hence its belonging in the street). I will give you though that not all laws aren't silly. Your home state of California is home to some of the more outlandish laws in the country, but protesting the police will do nothing to change those laws. In the long run it may end up making things worse.

Finally, this fixation that people have with race is just as insane to us, as "harassing laws" are to you. There are always bad eggs that slip through the cracks, but they probably make up less that half a percent of the million or so cops in this country. When taken as a part of the over all population the number is even smaller. When we're out of the street we see crime... we see it as felonies, misdemeanors and violations. Not race. All people commit crime, it doesn't matter what race they are.

These protestors keep screaming and ranting for change every time they get the chance. One of these days they may get the change their looking for, and the whole country will suffer as a result of the actions of a small but vocal minority.
            Last edited by Next3Exits; 12-05-2014, 12:08 PM. Reason: Addition
            "The wicked flee though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion." Proverbs 28:1

“Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.” -Steven King

Comment

I don't watch many movies or even Television nor do I tune into the News channels. I admit, I've never been a Cop so I lack certain insights. However I think you are confused, my comment about isolated Incidents was referring to Police Brutality. Perhaps I didn't make that clear enough and if that's the case I apologize. What I meant with my shooting comment, was that if Police Officers stopped being morons and just did their jobs we'd be seeing much less Protests and Anarchy in the streets. I doubt it would all go away cause, there's always someone bitching about something.

Maybe Officers in your neck of the woods are little angels, but here in my neck of the woods we do have some really bad, loose cannons on the forces here. And while Departments have done what they can to weed these people out, some still get into the department regardless. I'd also like to add that not all Suspects shot by Police are Armed, so the excuse for Lethal force is a moot point in that regard.

These Protests are less about Police shooting and killing suspects, that's just the Catalyst for the bigger picture. People are fed up with being treated like crap by Officers. Race just muddies the water in all honesty, I've seen people of all colors getting harassed over trivial things. I myself, have been stopped and harassed for silly reasons. Perhaps if Police Officers just did their jobs and resisted the urge to lower themselves to the Suspects level, we'd have less headaches as a society. However Officers are human and there lies the problem.
              Respectfully Sehd, they bold comments reflect some ignorance or lack of knowledge of the law. Police have hundreds of tasks that they do as part of their job. Stopping people based on reasonable suspicion (harassing?) is one of those things. Responding to unarmed subjects with lethal force is also something that is legal, even if it appears brutal. I'm not sure what police being morons is referring to.

On a side note, I've never detained or "harassed" anyone for no reason (They'll tell you I did though). I've made consensual stops, but those people are free to leave, and I don't try to trick them into thinking otherwise.
              Last edited by Item9; 12-05-2014, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Item9 View Post
                On a side note, I've never detained or "harassed" anyone for no reason (They'll tell you I did though). I've made consensual stops, but those people are free to leave, and I don't try to trick them into thinking otherwise.
                The ones who haven something to hide always say we're harassing them There are people I've stopped based on reasonable suspicion that have thanked me or shook my hand afterward when I finish explaining to them the reason for it. In fact that's most people when nothing comes of it... even in the rough neighborhood I used to patrol. Again, its that small and vocal minority.
                "The wicked flee though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion." Proverbs 28:1

“Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.” -Steven King

Comment

If you are talking about police brutality, you are still wrong.

A few years ago, a man (who had a bad run in with the criminal justice system) started a project to 'track' police misconduct nationwide (long story, but I still find it funny that he blames the police for his misfurtune rather than blaming the concert goes who turned him in to police as the guy who committed the crime...). He ran the project for a few years then turned it over to the libertarian "Cato Institute" to continue.

What did he find? He found that yearly, out of 750+ thousand police officers, he could find fewer than 1% even ACCUSED of misconduct like brutality.
                  ---
                  http://www.policemisconduct.net/stat...annual-report/

Summary

From January 2010 through December 2010 the National Police Misconduct Statistics and Reporting Project recorded 4,861 unique reports of police misconduct that involved 6,613 sworn law enforcement officers and 6,826 alleged victims.

4,861 – Unique reports of police misconduct tracked
                  6,613 - Number of sworn law enforcement officers involved (354 were agency leaders such as chiefs or sheriffs)
                  6,826 - Number of alleged victims involved
                  247 – Number of fatalities associated with tracked reports
                  $346,512,800 – Estimated amount spent on misconduct-related civil judgments and settlements excluding sealed settlements, court costs, and attorney fees.
                  ---

As for you comments about how if officers acted differently their would not be protests, this is extremely naive. As long as ANYONE has ANY power (and cops have some authority), some egalitarian type WILL find a reason to get mad about something.

People don't protest because cops are bad, people protest because their false perceptions of cops are bad. the protesting that is going on right now has less to do with any kind of misconduct and more to do with tribalism. 'White cops' did something to some black person and thats evil, even though in reality a black person is something like 57 times more likely to be killed by a black civilian than a cop of any color, and I say this as a black man myself (Charles Barkley is right).

And don't think everyone doesn't do it, White people are usually killed by white folks but when asked about it in various studies white respondents almost always claim that 'minorities' (or terrorists) are more likely to kill them than whites are. Beliving the 'outsider' is more dangerous than your own group is human nature, which is why some of those civil rights leaders want more black cops while not knowing that black police officers are more likely to shoot black suspects than white officers are.

Another example of civilian ignorance.

In what universe can an unarmed person NOT kill someone. Every year, 8-900 people are killed using ONLY hand and feet.

Something a police officer understands that a civilian does not is that for a cop, EVERY fight is a gun fight (because to have a gun fight, you need at least one gun, and the cop has one). If a cop get knocked out by an assailant, he can't protect his fire arm, and yes cops have been killed with their own gun before. As a result, people came to understand that "unarmed" does not mean "un-deadly". Well, some people that is.

I'm a black man born and raised in the south (Texas) and I never had a problem with police in the 23 year I lived before I became one. Then again I didn't hang out with criminals, in suspicious places or stayed out on the streets in the middle of the night (when nothing good happens).

Law Enforcement (like all human activity) is imperfect and ever evolving. What will never change is human beings over-reacting to perceived injustices while largely ignoring real injustices.

Ultimately, your posts (and the ignorance contained therein) are a prime example of what's wrong: The public knows nothing about law enforcement but then thinks that something they know nothing about needs "reforming".

If you want to educate yourself, here is a good place to start. http://www.copinthehood.com/
                  ~Gun control has always been about punishing the people that didn't shoot anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by BigMyk View Post
                    I highlighted the underlying ignorance.
                    Well yes you did---------------------at least for his first post.---------------but I see he has a lot more ignorance out there that he is going to make sure we know about
                    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Oh boy, this is gonna be a fun thread. Let me grab some popcorn.

Sehd, if you stick around I guarantee you you'll get educated - just as all us civilians have been on here - but I also admit I love that you've entered the debate because I like to hear/see things from different points of view. I've gotten more than I care to know from Occupy's point of view, but it will be interesting to watch you debate the police officers from your unique perch.

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
                        Oh boy, this is gonna be a fun thread. Let me grab some popcorn.

Sehd, if you stick around I guarantee you you'll get educated - just as all us civilians have been on here - but I also admit I love that you've entered the debate because I like to hear/see things from different points of view. I've gotten more than I care to know from Occupy's point of view, but it will be interesting to watch you debate the police officers from your unique perch.
                        His introduction in the Intro area

Greetings,

I'm James and I stalk Cops, I cover what's known as the "Tri City" area of Alameda County, California. I specialize in Public Safety Incidents, so I also Photograph EMS & Fire depending on situation. Been hunting Crime Scenes, and other Incidents since 2007 having pretty much captured it all.

Apart from that, I'm a fairly reasonable guy and enjoy a good debate from time to time. Feel free to engage with me or not, I know how some rank and file can be with non LE.

Anything else just ask, or you can look me up Online. Keep it real, homies.
                        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                          His introduction in the Intro area
                          Thanks, Iowa.

Dayyummm, I glanced real quick and only caught the "specialize in Public Safety Incidents" part of his profile.

Can't believe I missed the "I stalk Cops" part.

Oh and look.....he went POOOF!

LOL

Comment

Funny thing about ignorant people. They seem to really desire to show the remainder of us how really ignorant they really are. But on reflection, the "usual suspects" do that on a daily basis. Let's see, oh yeah, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, CBS, ABC, and of course, the "featured players". Stick and Slick aka Savanah Guthrie, Matt Lauer. Then we have Brian Williams, Katie Couric, Andrea Mitchell, and the rest of the Chablis sipping crew of dumbasses.

It's a great environment for them though, when Jessie, Al, Barack, Holder & Co. perform for them on a daily basis.

Comment

Originally posted by BigMyk View Post
                              the protesting that is going on right now has less to do with any kind of misconduct and more to do with tribalism.
                              That's about the third time I have read the term "tribalism" in connection with recent incidents. Previously, I had only read that term in connection with Afghanistan, as in this example: "In Afghanistan, there is no sense of national identity, only tribalism". Do you mean tribalism by race, or by similar beliefs, or perhaps a combination of these? And is the term "group identity" roughly the same thing? I put together the picture below just now. It shows a readout of possible standards of judgment applied by the protesters in recent cases like Trayvon Martin, Eric Garner and Mike Brown. Do these standards seem like realistic ones to choose from? Or did I leave out something or put something in there that doesn't belong? For example, maybe "Anarchy" and "Communism" should be in there?

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg

List of Islamic terror attacks in the last 30 days

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4627 users online. 242 members and 4385 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X