Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Media Accountability:When does freedom of the press become criminal negligence?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JJHunsacker
    replied
    Media can report and say whatever they want. It is up to us to recognize the BS. They are selling something. Who says we have to automatically buy it? Freedom of the press is important. If media is muzzled, how can we know whether or not they are FOS?

Leave a comment:

• PhilipCal
    replied
    OK, I'll keep it simple, or at least try to. NBC= Nonsense , Bull****,&Crap. MSNBC=More Nonsense, Bull****&Crap. CNN=Communist News Network. CBS= Communist Broadcasting System. NBC starts each weekday with the "Stick & Slick Show, aka Today starring "Stick" aka Savanah Guthrie, and "Slick" aka Matt Lauer.

Oh, and let's not forget that CNN was started by Ted Turner, who was once married to that great American and patriot, Jane Fonda.

Leave a comment:

• PtownVAMike
    replied
    It seems that the "reverend" Al (and others like him) have forgotten this appropriate Bible verse:

"You shall not go about as a talebearer among your people; nor shall you take a stand against the life of your neighbor: I am the Lord" - Lev. 19:16

Leave a comment:

• Aerohead
    replied
    Considering the media keeps using the term "Black man choked to death by white cops" I'd say they have blood on their hands.

Leave a comment:

• Seventy2002
    replied
    Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
    CNN and MSNBC have been losing money, genius. They're motivated by ideology, genius.
    May I propose a couple other explanations?

Broadcasters are licensed by the FCC and are required to operate in "the public interest". They meet the "public interest" requirement by, among other things, broadcasting news and opinion. If the news programming makes money, well and good but nobody pretends that's where the profit is.

Both a CNN and MSNBC are units of large conglomerates. Some years ago, an acquaintance of mine was the comptroller of a paper mill owned by a large conglomerate. The mill had lost money for years and that was just fine, he told me, large conglomerates need a few money-losing subsidiaries for tax purposes.

Leave a comment:

• So Fla Cop
    replied
    You want media accountability and honesty? When you read this headline in the MSM, you have achieved your goal.

Black phony lying Reverend crackhead looking tax cheat bigot racial arsonist thief says he profits from his crimes because white people pay him off. WH and AG still support the illegal racial activities in the name of "Change you can believe in".

Don't hold you breath.
    Last edited by So Fla Cop; 12-21-2014, 11:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• EmmaPeel
    replied
    Here's the old post from the Garner thread. Let me see how it displays...

Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post

I disagree. The media are $ influenced. It's a competition for eyeballs.

What's going to get more watchers:

"Man dies while resisting arrest"

or

"Black man killed by white cops"?

They have a considerable incentive to make stories more sensational.

You disagree they could be politically motivated? Why must it be either or? Money is an incentive in many cases, but so is ideology.

You must've missed my post where I mentioned CNN and MSNBC LOSING money and audience share. Here....let me give you examples of "media being motivated by ideological agenda even if they lose money." As CNN and MSNBC both move further to the left, more people are tuning them out. That makes them lose profit. Profit is NOT the primary motivator for either:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...ewers-one-year

It's been a tough year for the liberal cable news outlets. Data released Tuesday show CNN shedding 48 percent of total viewers since last November and MSNBC dropping 45 percent. -

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/...dience_b211593

Despite the changes Jeff Zucker has made at CNN over the past year, things are still fairly bleak for the network. January 2014 was CNN’s third lowest-rated month ever, with the network losing more than a quarter of its audience in both total day and primetime compared to January 2013.

The ratings for January 2014 (Nielsen Live + Same Day data)....
    Last edited by EmmaPeel; 12-21-2014, 11:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• EmmaPeel
    replied
    Originally posted by jdthor View Post
    So glad Emma's back active to call out the foolish again
    Yep, I used irrefutable numbers in that one, jd. Guess I should go dig up my post that showed CNN and MSNBC are ok with losing money because it's about INDOCTRINATION for them, less about money.

Leave a comment:

• jdthor
    replied
    So glad Emma's back active to call out the foolish again

Leave a comment:

• EmmaPeel
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve856
    Media companies do not exist to report the news. Media companies exist to make money for their owners. Just like any other business.

Media companies report and analyze the news in a way that provides the type of content that attracts viewer, which attracts advertisers, which increases their revenue.
    I already proved you wrong TOOOO with irrefutable data when you brought this up in the Garner thread. Try going back and reading that. CNN and MSNBC have been losing money, genius. They're motivated by ideology, genius.

Leave a comment:

• EmmaPeel
    replied
    Originally posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    I disagree.

The news media--including those from the right--are about attracting eyeballs and selling ads to those eyeballs.

They are going to report things in a way that will make the demographic they target want to watch their news. To do requires that they stand above their competition--which in effect means they must exaggerate the news.

Fox targets the conservatives. CNN targets the liberals. Most news sources tilt towards the Muslims/Arabs vs the Jews/Israel because the latter are about 100x as numerous.
    I already proved you wrong with irrefutable data when you brought this up in the Garner thread. Try going back and reading that.

Leave a comment:

• NextofKin
    replied
    Yup the media now creates controversy to stir emotion to insight tragedy to get ratings.

Leave a comment:

• WillBrink
    replied
    Originally posted by NextofKin View Post
    CNN is now comparing the Rodney king beating video to the Eric Garner chokehold video talking to "experts" about similarities(there are no similarities)

Tell me that's not instigating and incitement.

The major similarity is both "victims" were career criminals with lengthy arrest histories. Other then that, nadda. The media wants there to be similarities, and will invent them if needed.

Leave a comment:

• NextofKin
    replied
    If noone else will say it I will,the blood of those two officer is partially on the hands of CNN and extremist left wing networks like CNN.

The pushed and pushed and pushed until they found that nut underneath the surface that was ready to crack.

Leave a comment:

• NextofKin
    replied
    Originally posted by nextofkin View Post
    i saw this on facebook status update today and it made me ponder:

I think the irony of this fb poster referring to the news media as hollywood entertainment now is that events like what has unfolded in ferguson over the past several months is not a movie set,this is real.real people,real lives,real property damage,real risk.i honestly dont know if its the way things are being reported now or the length of time they are being reported that makes the so called new media(especially cable news) so venomous but i do know that while no one will say it and while they can continue to hide behind being journalists they have alot more responsibility then they are held to task for.

You know its funny yesterday on cnn they were pushing the issue of if michael browns stepfather should be arrested for inciting violence last week because i know they only want him arrested(even though it may be justified) so people can get upset and riot again.

And did anyone catch the title of cnn tv and .com the other day.........

"is cleavland the next ferguson?" (in reference to the 12 year old boy shot to death by police while weilding a air soft pistol)

what the hell are they talking about???

Why would they even inquire on such a thing?

What they are doing is trying to piggy back off their handy work in ferguson and create another inferno while things are still simmering and smoldering.

Notice how since yesterday they are back on the eric garner story,talking about the grand jury decision being close and replaying the video of his death over and over and over again?they did the same thing with the rodney king video so many years ago.they understand how the human mind works.off the back drop of massive protests in new york and the grand jury failing to indict officer wilson the chances of getting people ramped and stirred up for another gj decision that will likely go in the leo's favor is high.

As the fb poster asked...........can the media really just get by by saying "we are press"?

Make no mistake....noone except the perps themselves is at bigger fault for what has happened in ferguson and even before ferguson than the news media.

I know as experienced leo's you already know the owners of these networks will never be prosecuted and are unlikely to be sued or government regulated but i just wanted to hear your thoughts on what you think should happen over the course of maybe the next few years with opportunist,profiteering instigators that dare to call themselves journalists.
    bump!

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3660 users online. 254 members and 3406 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X