300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final thoughts on Ferguson.

One final post on Ferguson since the 'breaking news" just came out about Officer Darren Wilson leaving the force. I'd like to say that I am appalled at the irresponsible media for its slanted coverage of this whole mess and put the destruction caused by the riots directly on them. They continued their irresponsible reporting even as information continued to surface that the whole " hands up, don't shoot" nonsense was proven to be an absolute lie.

However, I am equally disappointed at the race hustlers and the current administration in Washington for pandering to these *******s and continuing to do so, even after it was obvious that they had been played. It is shameful that we have an Attorney General like Eric Holder who disgraced his office during this whole debacle, by embracing the likes of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton and by giving a speech before the nation about racial profiling, all before ever knowing whether this case had anything to do with race. But it doesn't end there.

Tomorrow AG Holder will be in Atlanta pandering some more by attending a summit on Ferguson. Among what will be discussed with the attendees, many of them "church leaders", are how we can improve the relationship between the police and these communities, with the focus being on "better police training".

So I ask, why does it have to start with better police training and what do any of these people know about policing? Why isn't some of the discussion about the actions of the criminals who poison these neighborhoods? Do they honestly think that anything the police do in terms of interacting with citizens is going to make a difference? Are we now going to train law enforcement to ask nicely when arresting a person with an active warrant? As in " Sorry Mr. Jones but I am showing you have an active warrant. If you will kindly put your hands behind your back so I can cuff you, I'll take you down to the station and book you. We're serving coffee and donuts today to all our active warrant customers, if you're interested". Because we all know that people resist arrest because they're not spoken to nicely, right? Couldn't be because maybe they don't want to go to jail, could it?

Now, this is not about race because this stuff happens in all communities where there is poverty and crime, whether the people are white, brown or black. And the conversation always revolves around what the police can do to improve relations with the people. You never hear discussions about how the people in these communities can ameliorate their own circumstances because it's not politically correct. You'll never hear anyone ask such poignant questions like " why are people having multiple children they can't afford"? or " who do you think is going to hire you when you have neck tattoos and you're wearing your pants below your ***"?

The bottom line is that nobody really wants a substantive discussion about better police/community relations. They want a politically correct discussion where your instructed to check your privilege and where they can blame you for causing their circumstances.

Fair minded folks must reject taking the bait. Thank you.

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

Final Thoughts.

Know what? I believe you nailed it. Difficult to add to your very cogent and accurate comments, so I won't even try. Put's my whole "New Slavery" arguments into very proper perspective.

Comment

You nailed it. There's nothing more I could add.

Comment

This just in: Not a single pair of work boots were reported stolen.

Comment

No further words are needed to describe the photo:

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimate86 View Post
            You nailed it. There's nothing more I could add.
            Totally agree. This nails it spot on
            REINSTATE THE TRIG
            Originally posted by Iowa #1603
            Your logic defies logic
            Originally posted by Rudy8116
            Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
            Originally posted by Michigan
            Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
            Originally posted by TheTick
            A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
            Originally posted by TheTick
            This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
            Originally posted by 02paul09
            Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

Originally posted by Ex Army MP View Post
              I'd like to say that I am appalled at the irresponsible media for its slanted coverage of this whole mess and put the destruction caused by the riots directly on them. They continued their irresponsible reporting even as information continued to surface that the whole " hands up, don't shoot" nonsense was proven to be an absolute lie.
              Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

unfotunately there will never be a REAL substantive discussion about better police/community relations....you will never find a person in "the opposition" to actually talk to in a reasonable and calm manner.
                "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                  Know what? I believe you nailed it. Difficult to add to your very cogent and accurate comments, so I won't even try. Put's my whole "New Slavery" arguments into very proper perspective.
                  I call it asking those of us who have always held ourselves accountable to now conform to the "new normal". Liberalism dictates that we establish a "new normal" under the guise of diversity and acceptance. It's not about being equal but convincing people that anyone who is in any way traditional is the one who has the problem, and that THEY need to conform to the "new normal".

I recently read an article about how liberals demanded a new fat and tattooed Barbie Doll because God forbid we teach our daughters to look their best and be fit. Why not demand that everyone look like Rosie O'Donnell? It's a lot easier.

Another example is accepting women into elite combat forces reserved for the biggest and baddest among us. Yet even most men cannot be Army Rangers, Seals and SF. So when the experiment fails, you either lower the standards or you're a sexist.

How does this relate to policing? It's simple. The police who once commanded respect, need to now respect the criminals. During this whole Michael Brown thing, there was a story of a couple having their window smashed in when they wouldn't roll it down during a traffic stop. But why should they have to? Why did Michael Brown need to respect the police? The " new normal", if Holder and company have their way, will mandate that when you stop someone for jay walking and he says " fu(k your mother", you simply drive away to avoid conflict. When someone fails to roll down their window on a traffic stop, you get the license plate, mail them a ticket and hope that the person who was driving was the registered owner.

This will go over well because when word gets out that cops can't do squat, then nobody will have any incentive to obey or respect the police. And we'll have Holder, Sharpton and Obama to thank.

Comment

Now, this is not about race because this stuff happens in all communities where there is poverty and crime, whether the people are white, brown or black.
                    When I think of 'racial tensions', I think of 'race' as an external identifier, whereby the substance of the 'racial tensions' lies not the external identifier (but the cultural clash). I believe there is such a thing as 'black culture' or 'cultures', and whatever that is, it differs from 'white culture', and this difference is what is behind 'racial tensions'.

I understand that there is crime and all sorts of problems in whites-only neighborhoods. But the kind of history-making tensions that come out of the Rodney King incident, or the Trayvon Martin or Michael Brown incident: that is fueled by a massive underlying clash of cultures (disharmony of cultures). It's not an accident that most blacks speak differently (a slightly different sound, or accent) than whites, it has to do with their identity, their culture, their beliefs: these are more or less recognized and valued and passed on, consciously and subconsciously, amongst black families (this would not be the case is skin color was as meaningless as hair color).

I do believe that there is a coalition that seeks to inflame racial tensions for its own gains, and this coalition consists of a large segment of blacks (I don't know whether it's the majority), the NAACP, the current Democrat party leaders, the dominant mainstream media (including the journalism schools they attended), the public education establishment, and the professional race relation corrupters like Al Sharpton. I believe that "Wild Bill for America" gets it right in his 4-minute video about this coalition: http://youtu.be/2PGagGRajLc

So do I have any suggestions for improving race relations? The only thing I can think of is, the first step should be to document what most blacks actually believe (about whites in general, and about the police). But even this first step is not allowed, because that would be racist.

So:
                    1. racial tensions are real
                    2. there exists an unholy coalition which has an interest in preserving (and worsening) said racial tensions
                    3. because of 1. and 2., I don't think that racial tensions are getting any better over time

I'm fresh out of ideas. I don't know what to do. The failed concept of "multi-culturalism" with its built-in relativism makes things worse by encouraging behaviors that leads to failure, and by DISCOURAGING behaviors that lead to success (such as: don't have kids until you're married and can afford them).

The only part of the Ferguson riots that has nothing to do with race is certain general misconceptions about how the police work: things like: you could have shot him in the leg, you could have used a taser, you could have de-escalated by walking away. But then I read a headline today:

"Texas Cop Kenneth Caplan Arrested After Shooting Woman For Honking"

And I realized: they wouldn't write a headline like that if there wasn't a large audience (all races) that thinks in those terms: the police shoot people for honking. So things are probably worse than I can even understand.
                    https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg

List of Islamic terror attacks in the last 30 days

Comment

So I ask, why does it have to start with better police training and what do any of these people know about policing? Why isn't some of the discussion about the actions of the criminals who poison these neighborhoods? Do they honestly think that anything the police do in terms of interacting with citizens is going to make a difference? Are we now going to train law enforcement to ask nicely when arresting a person with an active warrant? As in " Sorry Mr. Jones but I am showing you have an active warrant. If you will kindly put your hands behind your back so I can cuff you, I'll take you down to the station and book you. We're serving coffee and donuts today to all our active warrant customers, if you're interested". Because we all know that people resist arrest because they're not spoken to nicely, right? Couldn't be because maybe they don't want to go to jail, could it?
                      I don't have much tolerance for people who knowingly break the law, especially in violent ways. That said, I would actually like to see a randomized controlled experiment where one half of a local police force uses standard protocols and the other half uses a kind of deescalating "customer service" that you describe (minus the offer of coffee and donuts). There seems to be an assumption that all hell would break lose if LEOs were ever take a softer, rather than firmer, position in the face of citizen agitation. Obviously, I am not suggesting that officers do as Jesus would and offer the other cheek when being stuck by 300 pound men. However, in cases where people are confused or upset and still haven't reacted with violence, maybe a softer approach might allow the citizens to vent their frustrations a bit and then calm down without situations becoming violent and increasing the chance that both citizen and officer might be injured. Maybe that is naive, but a well done experiment would determine that more conclusively.

Comment

I call it asking those of us who have always held ourselves accountable to now conform to the "new normal". Liberalism dictates that we establish a "new normal" under the guise of diversity and acceptance. It's not about being equal but convincing people that anyone who is in any way traditional is the one who has the problem, and that THEY need to conform to the "new normal".

I recently read an article about how liberals demanded a new fat and tattooed Barbie Doll because God forbid we teach our daughters to look their best and be fit. Why not demand that everyone look like Rosie O'Donnell? It's a lot easier.

Another example is accepting women into elite combat forces reserved for the biggest and baddest among us. Yet even most men cannot be Army Rangers, Seals and SF. So when the experiment fails, you either lower the standards or you're a sexist.

How does this relate to policing? It's simple. The police who once commanded respect, need to now respect the criminals. During this whole Michael Brown thing, there was a story of a couple having their window smashed in when they wouldn't roll it down during a traffic stop. But why should they have to? Why did Michael Brown need to respect the police? The " new normal", if Holder and company have their way, will mandate that when you stop someone for jay walking and he says " fu(k your mother", you simply drive away to avoid conflict. When someone fails to roll down their window on a traffic stop, you get the license plate, mail them a ticket and hope that the person who was driving was the registered owner.

This will go over well because when word gets out that cops can't do squat, then nobody will have any incentive to obey or respect the police. And we'll have Holder, Sharpton and Obama to thank.

I've said this in a couple of other threads. The racial situation ramps it up, and will continue to do so as long as this is not about what's happening here and now, but about getting payback for "America's original sin." But the worst thing afoot here is that we're now into the third generation of the spreading of an attitude, that transcends race in its prevalence, of "You ain't the boss of me."

If you have parents and grandparents who aren't respectful of legitimate authority, the kind that keeps society sane and safe, how can you expect the kids to have it?

Comment

Originally posted by Santo_Diego View Post
                          I don't have much tolerance for people who knowingly break the law, especially in violent ways. That said, I would actually like to see a randomized controlled experiment where one half of a local police force uses standard protocols and the other half uses a kind of deescalating "customer service" that you describe (minus the offer of coffee and donuts). There seems to be an assumption that all hell would break lose if LEOs were ever take a softer, rather than firmer, position in the face of citizen agitation. Obviously, I am not suggesting that officers do as Jesus would and offer the other cheek when being stuck by 300 pound men. However, in cases where people are confused or upset and still haven't reacted with violence, maybe a softer approach might allow the citizens to vent their frustrations a bit and then calm down without situations becoming violent and increasing the chance that both citizen and officer might be injured. Maybe that is naive, but a well done experiment would determine that more conclusively.
                          I am not suggesting that there is never a situation where police could have deescalated a situation and didn't. Sure, I get that there can be situations where the cop comes off like a jerk and maybe seems unsympathetic and the citizen is having a bad day. But even with having a bad day, there is only so much slack a person can be cut. Do I think it's unheard of for someone who is having a martial or family issue to tell a cop to screw off during a traffic stop? Not really. Do I think it's ever acceptable for a citizen who is having issues to exit his vehicle and punch a cop in the face? Nope.

Finally, there are going to be "dicks" in LE. Some of these dicks, while not being the most personable, have other great qualities that make them good at what they do, like being very technically and tactically proficient. It's kind of like a great surgeon who lacks a bedside manner. But the bottom line is that in our society, it is the citizen who must, by law, obey the police. The officer is mandated to enforce the law and the citizen is mandated to comply. If the citizen does his/her part most of the time, he/she has remedies available. In the few cases where you have an officer who is more than just a hard *** but an actual civil rights violator, he/she will eventually be jettisoned from the job.

Comment

I am not suggesting that there is never a situation where police could have deescalated a situation and didn't.
                            I wasn't suggesting you had said that. I agree with much of what you're saying in regards to the use of force. I really am interested in my experiment as just that, an experiment to objectively see what happens if we compare standard procedures with different approach. There seems to have been a shift in attitudes in the last few years toward law enforcement and the use of force (the war on drugs too but that's really a political level issue). These changes in perception have accelerated recently and are not limited to the Al Sharpton Fan Club. I say this because I am not a member of this club, I am a professional law-abiding citizen who respects the work of our law enforcement officers and I know what people like me have been saying. My idea for an experiment is just to see what works objectively (I doubt these things would be experimented with, though it would be nice to test things out before they are rolled out as final policy).

Comment

Great post man. =)

Any thoughts on this reaction video by Sheriff Clarke?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5367 users online. 307 members and 5060 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X