Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is why you need more than a CJ degree.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is why you need more than a CJ degree.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/11/30...ilson-resigns/

Through no fault of his own, this guy is screwed, he will likely never work in law enforcement again. He will always be at risk, in terms of his own personal safety and and I doubt any dept will take him on for liability reasons. Even his new wife may have to leave law enforcement if she's recognized.

Personally, I think that he'll be back within law enforcement within three (3) years; definitely not for Ferguson PD, but maybe within a Federal capacity. I wouldn't consider him to be a "liability" because the Officer did what any other reasonable Officer would have done. The nation is at such a high-level of unrest, that every move from government personnel will be highlighted and critiqued by the public/media court. I think that the populace views the establishment of all levels of government as a threat to their social fabric and hence have labeled the system as a "liability."

BlueStreaker...
    Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely. ~ Siddhartha Guatama

Comment

I don't see him getting hired at a Fed agency... unless it is for overseas work.

I know lots of people who have CJ degrees and work for Seagate, Apple, big Insurance and most are not in security/investigative roles. It is entirely possible to have a VERY well paying job in the corporate world with a CJ degree.
      semper destravit

Comment

Originally posted by RGDS View Post
        I don't see him getting hired at a Fed agency... unless it is for overseas work.

I know lots of people who have CJ degrees and work for Seagate, Apple, big Insurance and most are not in security/investigative roles. It is entirely possible to have a VERY well paying job in the corporate world with a CJ degree.
        I agree 100%

A CJ degree is not a "throwawy" degree. It is a substantive degree.
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Working for the feds is not an option, hell, this administration is looking to crucify him now. If by some chance they're successful in bringing and sustaining a civil rights action against him, he's toast in any law enforcement capacity. There's a high bar to clear in bringing a civil rights action but we all know that this administration ignores and twists the law to fit their agenda; they will look for any avenue they can to appease the mobs.

I believe there's a better than average chance that he will lose a civil suit, because people will ignore the evidence, feel sorry for the family, believe that they're righting a wrong, or they'll fear that failure to find him guilty will result in more mob action.

As painful as it is, he is forever marked. He'd be a lot better off finding something in the private sector, as far away from law enforcement as possible. Right or wrong, I don't see any city taking a chance on hiring him. Name one city official anywhere who'll stand up and say," We're hiring Darren Wilson as a police officer and we're proud to have him".

His every action, every complaint no matter how minor, will be scrutinized more closely than the rest. Every call he makes he'll be wondering if he's walking into ambush, God help him if he gets into another violent encounter. And he would, not only just in the normal course of cop work, but because there will always be someone to try him because of who he has become.

No one said CJ was a throwaway degree, but a person would likely find it easier to move around the LE community or into the private sector with something more marketable. Wilson has been thrust into a unique situation in that, because of his new found notoriety, it may not matter what kind of educational background he may have.

Comment

Getting a job with ONLY a CJ degree outside of Security or LE is difficult, but not impossible. Thankfully, I had a lot of experience to go with my CJ degree, but I was turned down for a lot of interviews for jobs outside of Security or LP because it was in CJ and not something else. Like I've said before though, I HIGHLY recommend getting a degree in something outside of CJ.

Just my 2 cents.
            Originally posted by RSGSRT
            We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
            Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueStreaker View Post
              Personally, I think that he'll be back within law enforcement within three (3) years; definitely not for Ferguson PD, but maybe within a Federal capacity. I wouldn't consider him to be a "liability" because the Officer did what any other reasonable Officer would have done. The nation is at such a high-level of unrest, that every move from government personnel will be highlighted and critiqued by the public/media court. I think that the populace views the establishment of all levels of government as a threat to their social fabric and hence have labeled the system as a "liability."

BlueStreaker...
              He's a liability because he's a walking PR nightmare, and one that no chief is going to take on; not even three years from now. There is simply no reason to hire someone with that baggage.

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
                He's a liability because he's a walking PR nightmare, and one that no chief is going to take on; not even three years from now. There is simply no reason to hire someone with that baggage.
                It's sad but true. My heart goes out to Officer Wilson, he could be any of us.

Stay safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Country_Jim View Post
                  It's sad but true. My heart goes out to Officer Wilson, he could be any of us.

Stay safe.
                  Because sometimes the Big Mistake isn't even an actual mistake, but that won't stop you from getting crucified for it.
                  Originally posted by Michigan
                  Now that you mention it, who are you?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2847 users online. 164 members and 2683 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X