Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Denver PD deletes video at scene

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Denver PD deletes video at scene

    I understand that the officer has to keep the man from swallowing an unknown substance to potentially save his life. I also understand why they put his interfering wife down hard. But, I do not understand why an officer would think that deletion of the video was appropriate, or even legal.

    http://www.news.com.au/world/denver-...-1227137812835

  • #2
    And if this guy sued these cops won't have a leg to stand on.Just write the check now and be done with it.

    Comment


    • #3
      Looks to me like she did kick the officer. Unfortunately, even playing it back multiple times, I can't tell for sure, because the news station changed the angle and keeps cutting back and forth from the video.
      Originally posted by RSGSRT
      We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
      Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
        Looks to me like she did kick the officer. Unfortunately, even playing it back multiple times, I can't tell for sure, because the news station changed the angle and keeps cutting back and forth from the video.
        I don't really care if she kicked the officer or not. In my mind, you only run up on a cop trying to get control of someone if they ask for your help, or someone is about to get the best of them. If you run up to protest whatever's happening, pavement\fists\batons\bullets may be coming your way.

        The deletion of the video is what's got me concerned. To me, that is far worse of a crime than most drug charges. It tells me a lot about the character of the officers involved.
        Last edited by Carbonfiberfoot; 11-29-2014, 11:59 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
          I don't really care if she kicked the officer or not. In my mind, you only run up on a cop trying to get control of someone if they ask for your help, or someone is about to get the best of them. If you run up to protest whatever's happening, pavement\fists\batons\bullets may be coming your way.
          Oh, I'm all for them taking her down. That wasn't my point. My point was it seems the media is playing the video in a certain way to make the cops look worse. I don't give a sh*t if she is pregnant - if you're running up on me while I'm fighting someone and trying to kick me - you're going down. Hard. I usually don't give pregnancy tests before I use force. The woman knew she was pregnant - therefore, she should have stayed in the car.

          The deletion of the video is what's got me concerned. To me, that is far worse of a crime than most drug charges. It tells me a lot about the character of the officers involved.
          I'm right there with you. There's enough anti-cop BS out there already - they just added ammo to it - deleting the video looks HORRIBLE for them.
          Originally posted by RSGSRT
          We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
          Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
            ...I usually don't give pregnancy tests before I use force...
            lol

            "So, let me get this straight: you're pregnant, and you chose to commit an action that warranted police use of force? Correct?"

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
              I understand that the officer has to keep the man from swallowing an unknown substance to potentially save his life. I also understand why they put his interfering wife down hard. But, I do not understand why an officer would think that deletion of the video was appropriate, or even legal.

              http://www.news.com.au/world/denver-...-1227137812835
              If it's even true. Here is another example of taking what is said at face value without a measure of caution.
              "Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned."

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ArmyVet View Post
                If it's even true. Here is another example of taking what is said at face value without a measure of caution.
                You have a very valid point.
                Originally posted by RSGSRT
                We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
                  Oh, I'm all for them taking her down. That wasn't my point. My point was it seems the media is playing the video in a certain way to make the cops look worse. I don't give a sh*t if she is pregnant - if you're running up on me while I'm fighting someone and trying to kick me - you're going down. Hard. I usually don't give pregnancy tests before I use force. The woman knew she was pregnant - therefore, she should have stayed in the car.

                  You don't ask them to pee on a stick before you use force? You've been doing it wrong all these years.

                  I'm right there with you. There's enough anti-cop BS out there already - they just added ammo to it - deleting the video looks HORRIBLE for them.
                  You don't ask them to pee on a stick before you use force? You've been doing it wrong.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
                    I understand that the officer has to keep the man from swallowing an unknown substance to potentially save his life. I also understand why they put his interfering wife down hard. But, I do not understand why an officer would think that deletion of the video was appropriate, or even legal.

                    http://www.news.com.au/world/denver-...-1227137812835
                    If you want the average person on the street to trust cops the automatic cover-up mode has to go away.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Oh lord they are coming out of the woods today

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
                        lol

                        "So, let me get this straight: you're pregnant, and you chose to commit an action that warranted police use of force? Correct?"
                        Ah, that reminds me of a former poster with the brain the size of a Pea.
                        Misguided, dumb and ignorant -
                        The name was Britnee.

                        She defended with passion, vigor and played her role.
                        Fighting the fight with words from her unfinished book.
                        Undoubtedly fooling no one, revealing herself only as an anti cop - troll.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
                          But, I do not understand why an officer would think that deletion of the video was appropriate, or even legal.
                          I watched the news clip. I didn't see any footage of an officer deleting any video much less even approaching Mr. Frasier or seizing his tablet. That video would presumably have been captured and uploaded to the cloud while Frasier was recording. If he possessed such video, the media would not have neglected to show it. Furthermore, this article says that Frasier gave the officers a voluntary witness statement in which he neglected to mention any seizure of his tablet. Lastly, Fraiser has, at the time of this news report, declined to actually submit a complaint to the police department in order to facilitate an internal affairs investigation. What we're left with is a guy making unsubstantiated claims to the media. It's no surprise that the Denver PD is not going to actually take him seriously until he decides to make a sworn statement under penalty of perjury that events actually transpired as he described.

                          So did the officers really seize the tablet and delete his video file? It's possible, but based on this article and video, I am very skeptical and it seems to me that it is highly improbable. Do not automatically believe every random claim you hear on the Internet, and find a better source to use rather than an amateur media outlet like "news.com.au."
                          Last edited by LPSS; 12-01-2014, 02:01 PM.
                          "Screw that. We can make bullets faster than they can make terrorists. Kill them all. Every last one." -Interceptor

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            IMO When Cops use vascular holds or taser or strikes to prevent someone from swallowing dope, its not for that persons safety, its to save the evidence. If you want to swallow dope and die, That's your decision. Im not sending multiple shots to the face because someone swallowed some dope. Active resisting or assaulting me or someone else, sure Your face is fair game, but for swallowing dope? Nah. All that over dope aint worth the court battle when your criminal case is more than likely going to get amended down since courts dont care about personal use quantities of dope and now you have a civil suit for excessive force.

                            As far as dumping the pregnant girl, If you approach me while im physical with someone making an arrest, you put yourself in that situation. Im going to do my best to not cause harm to an obvious pregnant woman,but some of these chunky girls you cant even tell if their preggo or not.

                            Cops have got to learn to brush off the fact that people are video taping us. I hate it as much as the next guy especially when someone wants to take pictures or video of me when im engaged in what to me isnt even camera worthy activity. But Its a fact of life, we are always being watched and recorded and as long as you are doing everything within your dept. policy and state laws , what is there to be worried about when someone records you. Just wave or laugh at them and continue about your day.
                            Last edited by lpstopper; 12-02-2014, 03:48 AM.
                            "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

                            "Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by lpstopper View Post
                              IMO When Cops use vascular holds or taser or strikes to prevent someone from swallowing dope, its not for that persons safety, its to save the evidence. If you want to swallow dope and die, That's your decision. Im not sending multiple shots to the face because someone swallowed some dope.
                              While I agree that the use of that type of force may not be prudent for the sole sake of preserving evidence, an in-custody death which we can prevent is also likely to result in a civil lawsuit. If we know that a suspect swallowed a potentially lethal amount of drugs, we do nothing to remove it, and the suspect subsequently dies from an overdose, the chances of a family filing a lawsuit are high. Personally, I think it'd be easier to defend against an excessive force lawsuit than it would be to defend against a negligent death lawsuit in this particular type of situation.
                              "Screw that. We can make bullets faster than they can make terrorists. Kill them all. Every last one." -Interceptor

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 2656 users online. 144 members and 2512 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X