300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man who shot Mexican Consulate, federal courthouse, Austin police HQ killed

(CNN) -- A man shot up a federal courthouse and a Mexican consulate -- which he also seemingly tried to set ablaze -- early Friday before being shot dead outside the Austin, Texas, police headquarters, that city's police chief said.

The shooter fired "over 100 rounds" in a roughly 10-minute span, but he did not hit anyone even though the bullets ricocheted at a typically busy time in downtown Austin, when streets fill up with people after bars close for the night.

"This Thanksgiving ... weekend, I give thanks that no one but the suspect is injured or deceased," police Chief Art Acevedo said. "That's something that we should all take a lot of comfort in."

Acevedo didn't name the shooter but described him as a male Austin resident about 50 years old who had a criminal history.
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/28/us/tex...html?hpt=hp_t2

That's what happens when you mess with Texans and their horses...
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Only way he made it 10 minutes was because it was a holiday.Any other time he would have been down alot quicker.

Comment

What an idiot. Oh well, he got the idiot prize.

I wonder how no one noticed for so long. Was he lobbing .22 shorts at stone\cement buildings?

Comment

Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
          What an idiot. Oh well, he got the idiot prize.

I wonder how no one noticed for so long. Was he lobbing .22 shorts at stone\cement buildings?
          Shooter was moving from target to target. The consulate and courthouse were virtually if not totally unoccupied. We were getting shots fired calls all over the place, but pinning down the exact location of a lone shooter is easier said than done. Then he moved to police headquarters, which is of course occupied 24/7.

Investigation if still underway, but word right now is that an APD Mounted Unit Sgt. ended the shooting spree with a single shot... fired from a pistol.. one handed.. while holding 2 horses in the other hand. If it really went down that way, Sarge is gonna be sitting right next to Pecos Bill in the realm of tall tales.

Comment

BTW, shooter had a full auto rifle. Listen to the first 30 seconds or so.. the rest is just some crackhead's narration and a total waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by allen_gamble View Post
              ...word right now is that an APD Mounted Unit Sgt. ended the shooting spree with a single shot... fired from a pistol.. one handed.. while holding 2 horses in the other hand... ...BTW, shooter had a full auto rifle...
              Nice! What a [email protected]$$. I'd like to buy that man many, many beers for keeping his community safe, and keeping my pending stamps from getting jammed up by an idiot politician's knee jerk reaction. Hopefully the MG and its idiot user weren't actually on the ATF's books.

Comment

At least one news source confirms Sarge ended the shooting with a single gunshot to the heart. Un-freakin'-believable.
                http://www.kvue.com/story/news/local...used/19641717/
                UPDATE:

AUSTIN -- New exclusive information has been released about the downtown Austin shooting spree that damaged four buildings, and ended with the shooter's death early Friday morning.

Law enforcement sources confirmed to KVUE Saturday that a single shot to the heart killed 49-year old Larry Steven McQuilliams. The shot was fired by Austin Police Sergeant Adam Johnson.

KVUE has also exclusively learned the Travis County Medical Examiner discovered the words "Let me die" written in black ink across McQuilliams' chest during his autopsy.

When Austin Police and the FBI searched McQuilliams' apartment in South Austin they found what appeared to be funeral clothes laid out on his bed.

Sgt. Johnson is a 15 year veteran on the force. He was loading up horses early Friday morning when he heard the gunshots, and while holding two horses with one hand he fired at McQuilliams with his free hand hitting him in the heart.

Friday afternoon, Chief Art Acevedo praised Johnson's quick actions saying "For a guy to keep his composure, holding two horses with one hand and taking a one hand shot with the other hand just says a lot about the training and professionalism of our police department.
                Well done, Sarge! I hope they wrap up this investigation quick and let you get back on the horse.. literally of course.

Comment

Am I the only one who when hearing this incident pictures the following in my head:

60 year old gruff looking fellow in a duster wearing a badge on his chest and a revolver in his holster sees this going on as he tends to the horses and flips out the revolver, taking a shot and reholstering before the body hits the ground. Taking a second to watch as his foe falls before he finishes loading up the horses and then calmly calling in the suspect down afterward.

I realize that the previous paragraph did not happen, but that's what I pictured when I first heard the event.

Comment

He shot him from 312 feet!! That's a head scratcher. A hundred yard shot, one handed.. with a pistol. They say when under stress you fall back on your training. Man, I shoulda been training with the Sgt.!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2936 users online. 138 members and 2798 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X