X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • retired
    Senior Veteran
    • Jun 2000

Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot
    Were they swinging them around and yelling “We’re ready for Ferguson”?.
    No some of them were yelling other comments even more ludicrous.
    Retired

Comment

• Aerohead
      BOFA
      • Jul 2010

Are you talking about a Desk Pop??

We had a Sgt fire a round off in a courtroom accidentally - just so happens the person who it almost hit in the next room was his divorce attorney.
      Originally posted by RSGSRT
      We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
      Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

• Iowa #1603
        Senior Veteran
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Aerohead

We had a Sgt fire a round off in a courtroom accidentally - just so happens the person who it almost hit in the next room was his divorce attorney.
        Try explaining THAT one as an accident
        I DON'T ALWAYS LIKE BEING A RETIRED POLICE OFFICER .......Oh who the hell am I kiddingI LOVE IT. Stay safe my friends

Comment

• Aerohead
          BOFA
          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Iowa #1603
          Try explaining THAT one as an accident
          Some of us weren't so sure it was an accident.
          Originally posted by RSGSRT
          We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
          Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

• tj05
            Forum Member
            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Aerohead

Comment

• JasperST
              Bigfoot Country
              • Sep 2008

I hope she didn't have any kids. For our sake.

Comment

• ateamer
                Salty Dog
                • Aug 2000

Fortunately, she'll be okay. There wasn't a vital organ in there.
                Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

• Carbonfiberfoot
                  IT nerd
                  • Feb 2009

More firearm related idiocy:

Central Florida area news, weather, radar, sports, traffic, live newscasts, and more. From WOFL-TV FOX 35 News in Orlando, your weather authority.

Police: Florida man shoots self in face

PINELLAS PARK, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a man accidentally shot himself in the face while arguing with his wife in their Pinellas Park home.

According to police, 57-year-old Dennis Eugene Emery grabbed a revolver while fighting with his wife early Tuesday and threatened to shoot one of their dogs. He pulled the hammer back on the revolver as if he planned to carry through with his threat. At some point, he tried to release the hammer and the gun fired, striking him in the face.

He died at the scene.

Police say they've have 34 contacts with Emery since 2012, including three arrests in the past five days for domestic battery, aggravated assault, resisting arrest and leaving the scene of a crash.

This one may actually be the stupidest:

Police: New York man shoots at dead deer being hauled out of woods on cart, hits other hunter

EAST FISHKILL, N.Y. – Authorities say a man who had shot a deer in the Hudson Valley woods was hauling it away on a cart when he was wounded by second hunter firing at the dead animal.

Police in Dutchess County tell the Poughkeepsie Journal (http://pojonews.co/1uFkheC ) that a hunter had shot a deer Saturday morning and was using a cart to bring it out of a wooded area 60 miles north of New York City.

Officers say another hunter saw the deer moving, thought it was alive and fired, hitting the first hunter in the hand and buttocks.

The injured hunter was treated at a hospital for nonlife-threatening injuries.

Police say both men are from nearby towns.

The incident is being investigated by the state Department of Environmental Conservation police.

Comment

• Carbonfiberfoot
                    IT nerd
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Steve856
                    I find the above recited cases tragic.

The question that I have, for those who are ardent 2nd Amendment supporters, what should we do about stupid people and firearms? I am not sure that it is good idea to let stupid people have access to firearms. Not only for their own safety, but also for the safety of their family members, friends, neighbors, and others around them.

Yes, I know that there are laws about limiting access by people with psychological problems, or by minors, or by people who are criminals or felons. But what about people who are irresponsible with firearms, or who have no firearm training, or who do not know how to keep firearms at their homes, or simply who are not mature to handle firearms?

The reason that I am asking is that if 2A supporters do not come up with a solution this thorny problem that is reasonable to 2A supporters, then the gun grabbers will solve it their way.

How do we prevent stupid people from having access to firearms? Should we?

If you can figure out a way to keep stupid people from driving, you'll prevent thousands of times as many accidental deaths.

However, a blanket ban on cars is unreasonable, unfair, and a form of punishment to the vast majority of innocent users. The same applies to firearms.

Comment

• Sculptor
                      Forum Member
                      • May 2014

Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot
                      If you can figure out a way to keep stupid people from driving, you'll prevent thousands of times as many accidental deaths.

However, a blanket ban on cars is unreasonable, unfair, and a form of punishment to the vast majority of innocent users. The same applies to firearms.
                      Bravo for stating this because so many don't, and it's so true!

It can be applied to dog ownership too with so called "breed bans" and limits, "they" want to ban certain breeds because some criminals use them for guarding marijuana plants, or train them to be aggressive.

Then you have towns who want to ban people from having say, more than two dogs because some fool had 79 dogs and 145 cats jammed into a mobile home and cretaed a dire situation and lots of complaints.

The 'stupid' gun owners are just like the ones who parade their AR15's over the shoulder up and down Main street and around the park, specifically to provoke a response so they can film ( "I am recording audio and video officer!!") to push an agenda via youtube about their how they excersized "2nd ammendment rights" by acting like idiots on a public street carrying what to the average non FA owning "Joe" passerby looks like a a military type machine gun.
                      They get scared and call 911, naturally, then the fool with the AR15 rants on about his rights and how tough it is that "Joe" passerby gets scared, that he should just get used to it.

I think most of FA owners with permits and all shake our heads at these types and just get disgusted at their actions on public streets like that.

"Joe" then would be one of the crowd who gets fed up and lobbies their reps in Congress demanding something be done about guns, "Joe" the shop owner puts up a sign on his shop window "NO FIREARMS ALLOWED IN HERE!" and there you go, backlash over stupidity.
                      Last edited by Inactive; 11-26-2014, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• PhilipCal
                        Forum Member
                        • Jan 2004

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Comment

• Tom S
                          Forum Member
                          • Apr 2011

[/COLOR]
                          Thankfully, we live in a country that allows people to succeed or fail on their own merit. The short answer is we cannot prevent them nor should we try.
                          When you are dead, you don't know you're dead. It is difficult only for the others around you.

It is the same when you are stupid.

Comment

• ArmyVet
                            Forum Member
                            • Sep 2013

Well, we do that. We have required driver education in high schools. We have our kids take driver's training. We have licensing requirements. We as a society take steps that people who get behind the wheel have some sort of understanding of the rules of the road, and make sure that they pass knowledge and practical tests to be allowed to drive.
                            And yet there are still people every day that drive without regard to the safety of others. These measures do not come close to entirely removing the risk associated with driving.

Should we have education/training requirements for firearms just like we have for operating cars? Should we require licensing for firearms just like we have to for cars?
                            It varies between states, but these measures are already in place.

some firearms are easily concealed,
                            That's the point...

The question is: how do we get them out of the hands of stupid people without infringing on the rights of innocent users?
                            Stupid people have rights too. The constitution applies equally regardless of intelligence level.
                            "Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned."

Comment

• tanksoldier
                              • Dec 2009

If you're going to give an IQ test to exercise your rights work on a way to keep them from voting, first.

We have required driver education in high schools.
                              Mandatory firearms training in high school. I like it.

Should we have education/training requirements for firearms just like we have for operating cars?
                              Is driving a car a right which "shall not be infringed"?

how do we get them out of the hands of stupid people without infringing on the rights of innocent users?
                              Translation: How do I keep people I don't think should have a gun from having one, and let the people I do think should have one, have one? Stupid people have rights, too.
                              Last edited by tanksoldier; 11-28-2014, 10:22 AM.
                              "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

• jdthor
                                Forum Member
                                • Nov 2011

Hell we cant even stop stupid people from posting stupid questions and ideas ,Let alone stop them from owning guns.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19258 users online. 45 members and 19213 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...