Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While tragic as this was, she obviously didn't have too much experience in handling a gun. I'm all for responsible citizens owning guns and I encourage it. She was not a responsible citizen. Glad she didn't kill someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
      Mandatory firearms training in high school. I like it.
      This should be a thing. Why is this not a thing?

We already have a REQUIRED half semester class on "women's studies" (read: radical feminism). Gun training makes way more sense.
      REINSTATE THE TRIG
      Originally posted by Iowa #1603
      Your logic defies logic
      Originally posted by Rudy8116
      Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
      Originally posted by Michigan
      Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
      Originally posted by TheTick
      A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
      Originally posted by TheTick
      This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
      Originally posted by 02paul09
      Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

This all boils down to there needing to be an IQ test in order to procreate.
        I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve856
          Just exactly how are kids, and adults, suppose to learn how to handle firearms? From their friends? From Youtube videos? From video games?
          That seems to be how people learn how to be cops.----------------well armchair cops
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I neither believe in the Big Bang Theory nor evolution, but this lady gives Darwin an argument.
            MAC

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
              This all boils down to there needing to be an IQ test in order to procreate.
              That would be a great idea except that we don't want stupid people to stop procreating.

You probably think I am kidding but think about how much money there is in stupidity. Our economy thrives on it.

I mean, if you were advising a young person on a good career choice, where would you steer them? You'd tell them to go into anything in the medical field, anything in the legal field or law enforcement. Why? Because there will always be work. Why? Because of stupid people.

Stupid people have the worst diets because many of them are poor(because they're stupid) and can only afford to eat off the dollar menu at McDonalds. Thus, McDonalds stays in business. Then they get health problems so they have to constantly go to the doctor. Thus, the doctor makes money. Then the doctor prescribes them drugs and voila, the drug companies profit.

Oh, and they're constantly in trouble with the law so cops, corrections officers, prosecutors, defense attorneys, judges, probation officers and court staff all have jobs.

It's actually quite fascinating.

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

Comment

Originally posted by Ex Army MP View Post
                That would be a great idea except that we don't want stupid people to stop procreating.

You probably think I am kidding but think about how much money there is in stupidity. Our economy thrives on it.

I mean, if you were advising a young person on a good career choice, where would you steer them? You'd tell them to go into anything in the medical field, anything in the legal field or law enforcement. Why? Because there will always be work. Why? Because of stupid people.

Stupid people have the worst diets because many of them are poor(because they're stupid) and can only afford to eat off the dollar menu at McDonalds. Thus, McDonalds stays in business. Then they get health problems so they have to constantly go to the doctor. Thus, the doctor makes money. Then the doctor prescribes them drugs and voila, the drug companies profit.

Oh, and they're constantly in trouble with the law so cops, corrections officers, prosecutors, defense attorneys, judges, probation officers and court staff all have jobs.

It's actually quite fascinating.
                The world would be a much grander place if the professions and resources needed to control\feed\house the stupid could be drastically scaled back. A decrease in crime\idiocy would be of far more benefit to society than the existence of some jobs. From what I gather, the average member of law enforcement is plenty capable of meaningful employment in various other fields. There would be no real downside in a reduction of the number of morons stumbling through life. Antarctica could make for a nice Australia 2.0.
                Last edited by Carbonfiberfoot; 11-30-2014, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Stupid people have the worst diets because many of them are poor(because they're stupid) and can only afford to eat off the dollar menu at McDonalds. Thus, McDonalds stays in business. Then they get health problems so they have to constantly go to the doctor. Thus, the doctor makes money. Then the doctor prescribes them drugs and voila, the drug companies.
                  I figure it's more like poor people have the worst diet because they're atupid.

And they have no money to pay the doctor and pharmacy, so us real people have to pay for their stupidity.
                  Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by ateamer View Post
                    I figure it's more like poor people have the worst diet because they're atupid.

And they have no money to pay the doctor and pharmacy, so us real people have to pay for their stupidity.
                    Very true and the government is paying for a large chunk of this. The government also gives mass subsidies on all the poison that goes into these foods like wheat( totally NOT healthy), corn and sugar which is what is causing cancer, diabetes and heart disease. It's no secret that many of the top brass in government agencies like the DOA and FDA( no matter what administration is in power) are former execs and lobbyists for food and drug companies.

So yes, the government is complicit and wanting to keep people poor and stupid. Check out the movie " Food Inc". It makes a pretty good connection.

Comment

Let me expand on this because I don't want to sound like some wacko conspiracy theorist who thinks that 5 guys in suits sit up at night and think of how their going to run the world or anything. But I think that in a capitalist society, which I am a huge part of, it relies on the ability to sell us a bill of goods and for mindless masses to buy into it. I am not saying this in a bad way because in this information age, most people have the ability to make informed decisions. It's out there but you have to know where to get it. You won't get it from the mainstream media and that includes either MSNBC and FOX.

Why? Why would they tell you that things like Apple Cider Vinegar, Coconut Oil and Tumeric can help prevent many types of diseases? They are bought and paid for by their top advertisers which are the drug companies. And when someone writes books and articles on this stuff they do their best to discredit them, and sometimes with threats of criminal prosecution.

Anyone ever listen to Dave Ramsey? He's a capitalist and knows more than anyone about money. Yet few heed his advice as evidenced by the fact that such a large percentage of folks are in debt. Again, stupid people. The type who beat each other up on Black Friday to get "deals" on things they can't afford and don't need.

But again, I don't hate the way things are set up, but I acknowledge the reasons why there exists a need to feed the masses false information. Even the military, which I love and am a part of, is complicit in this. But without the military, we wouldn't have a good ole USA.

Rage against the machine or rage for the machine, I don't care. But just don't deny the existence of the machine. You'll feel a lot better. Take care of yourself, love your kids, and go to Disney World as much as possible. Oh, and drink scotch and whiskey regularly.

It's a good life, folks.

Comment

Look, the government has many competing interests. The Congress is under pressure from many competing points of view. So, of course, the government will necessarily not always take internally consistent positions. That's the nature of our government; and I think that it is better than having some sort of a monolithic entity that is not responsive to the sway of their constituents.

Yes, many people who are the "top brass" in the FDA come from the food and drug companies. Actually, it is the majority of the front line people as well. So what? That is NOT a problem. That is the way it should be. The people who understand the operations of food and pharmaceutical companies are generally in the best position to regulate it and to enforce the laws. Who else do you think would be able to do that kind of a job? Do you want to have the FDA operated by people who are clueless?
                        You make the government sound objective instead of the self serving money in the pockets from lobbyist system that it is. How do you think top elected officials get so filthy stinking rich as it is? The FDA is such a bureaucratic cluster it takes a decade for proven drugs to hit the shelves so people order them from beyond our borders. You are a bit naive at best.

Comment

It does provide Ron White, Bill Engvall, et al with a lot of material.

1333762927723_4083249.png
                          --
                          Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

I find the above recited cases tragic.

The question that I have, for those who are ardent 2nd Amendment supporters, what should we do about stupid people and firearms? I am not sure that it is good idea to let stupid people have access to firearms. Not only for their own safety, but also for the safety of their family members, friends, neighbors, and others around them.

Yes, I know that there are laws about limiting access by people with psychological problems, or by minors, or by people who are criminals or felons. But what about people who are irresponsible with firearms, or who have no firearm training, or who do not know how to keep firearms at their homes, or simply who are not mature to handle firearms?

The reason that I am asking is that if 2A supporters do not come up with a solution this thorny problem that is reasonable to 2A supporters, then the gun grabbers will solve it their way.

How do we prevent stupid people from having access to firearms? Should we?
                            The better question is -- how do we prevent stupid questions from being asked from Steve856?

Comment

Originally Posted by Steve856 Just exactly how are kids, and adults, suppose to learn how to handle firearms? From their friends? From Youtube videos? From video games?
                              The FA dealer I went to for my first and second purchase a few years back suggested I just go out to the range (couldn't tell me where the range was even) and shoot at targets to learn how to use a FA.

I thought right away, well that sounds pretty stupid for a first time FA owner who never handled one before then to do, it would be like learning how to drive a tractor-trailer on the freeway and back it up a narrow urban street to the loading dock simply by watching a youtube video!
                              Sure looks easy on video, that is, until you are behind the wheel trying to figure out how to shift gears, which the video left out.
                              That was when I hooked up with officer Buenting and his classes, but it took calling the county sheriff office to find out about because the FA dealer didn't even know about Buenting's classes.

Some things need a skilled, experienced teacher to learn from, you can't learn these things by watching a video or reading a "how to book" like you might for laying tile on the kitchen floor or repairing a leaky faucet, if your tile comes out crooked usually no one gets killed like they can if some nitwit doesn't learn how to handle. load, unload, clean and use a pistol or revolver or any other FA.
                              Last edited by Sculptor; 12-01-2014, 01:57 PM.

Comment

I am surprised at your anti-pharma attitude and ignorance. According to your profile you work in New Jersey, where pharmaceutical and allied industries make up a greater portion of the state's economy than any other state. There is a greater amount of activity in New Jersey on pharmaceutical R&D, and operations then anywhere else in the planet. These businesses and people who are working at these businesses are contributing to your paycheck. Being ill-informed about pharma while you are in NJ is akin to be ill-informed about the automobile industry if you were in Detroit, or movie industry if you were in LA, or corn if you were in Iowa, or oil if you were in Texas.

As far as the Apple Cider Vinegar, etc. goes, you should know that this field of advertising, called health claims, is extremely tightly controlled. There are many books, guidelines, court holdings, memoranda, seminars, etc. that lay out what words, syntax, spelling, etc. can and cannot be used to advertise products. “Decreases cholesterol level” is a health claim (meaning that it must be supported by science), whereas “Maintains normal cholesterol level” is not a health claim. “Reduces joint pain” is a health claim, “helps joint function” is not.

And yes, people who are not employed by the state do have to actually need to go and try to drum up business.
                                Steve, spare me how great the drug companies are. And why would I care how many people work for the drug companies in my state? As I already stated, people make choices. If someone wants to eat garbage and then take medication for HBP, heart disease and cholesterol, I won't stop him.

Seven out of ten Americans are on some form of prescription drug. This is insane. My mom, who is 70 and eats a natural diet, is not and has never been on prescription drugs. Neither have I am I am 48.

Do some research on proper nutrition and the healing power of food. Read about the benefits if the Paleo lifestyle. My guess is that you know nothing about this and eat the standard American diet( SAD).

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5162 users online. 296 members and 4866 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X