Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone with 6c who is in an LEO position not be issued a weapon?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone with 6c who is in an LEO position not be issued a weapon?

Hello,

I will not go into to much detail as to the specific agency I for, for obvious reasons, but I do have a question some of you more experienced fed LEO's may be able to help with.

I came into federal service as an LEO w/6c 1.5 yrs ago. My job announcement and position description (PD) are clearly LEO, as is the assignments of the position. Of those who fall within my same PD I am the only employee who is not currently carrying. My command continues to say they plan on sending me to CITP, but due to the needs of the service they are not able to do so. As a matter of fact the have pushed any talk of training back until 2016.

Is anyone out there familiar with anything like this elsewhere within the federal gov't? Is here an recourse or remedy available to ensure training is met?

Thanks in advance.

Yes I'm familiar with similar situations and yes you can be in an unarmed status. The agency apparently has a requirement for you to attend CITP prior to being allowed to carry and since your agency and the director of that agency are the ones whom sign your credentials and give you authorization to carry, they can also restrict it. Being under 6c and even a position description does not in itself authorize any type of carry. That authorization comes from your agency.

As far as recourse, if you have a CBA, you can look there, otherwise no.

FAA traffic control also fall under 6c so this is a moot point. If your are not happy you can speak to your command staff and see about getting it fixed or change to a new agency. Beyond that, be glad you made it into the federal system, wait till they send you to CITP and have a great career.

Comment

Contact a poster named "monty", he'll be able to answer for you

Comment

Originally posted by Homeslice View Post
        Hello,

I will not go into to much detail as to the specific agency I for, for obvious reasons, but I do have a question some of you more experienced fed LEO's may be able to help with.

I came into federal service as an LEO w/6c 1.5 yrs ago. My job announcement and position description (PD) are clearly LEO, as is the assignments of the position. Of those who fall within my same PD I am the only employee who is not currently carrying. My command continues to say they plan on sending me to CITP, but due to the needs of the service they are not able to do so. As a matter of fact the have pushed any talk of training back until 2016.

Is anyone out there familiar with anything like this elsewhere within the federal gov't? Is here an recourse or remedy available to ensure training is met?

Thanks in advance.
        There are hundreds if not thousands of LEO's out there that are not issued a gun...................Think Bureau of Prisons
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Thanks for the responses!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6534 users online. 362 members and 6172 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X