X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inmates forcibly tattoo victim's name into child killer's forehead

http://www.wthr.com/story/5468772/ch...y-a-marked-man

Child killer literally a marked man

Crothersville - Convicted child killer Anthony Stockelman's face and head were unmarked at his trial last year. But now he's turned up at Wabash Correctional Facility with a tattoo on the forehead reading 'Katie's revenge.'

Katie is Katie Collman of Crothersville, the little girl he confessed to raping and killing last year. The Department of Corrections is not saying who applied the tattoo, which is against prison regulations, or why. They say they are still investigating.

Katie's dad, John Neace, has his own theory. Wednesday he said, "If I had to guess I'd say it's a statement from the inmates."

Katie's father says he heard about the tattoo from friends and has no idea if Katie's distant cousin, who is also serving time at Wabash, played any role.

Neace continued, "When I first saw it I wondered if someone was playing a hoax with these pictures. Then I looked a little bit further and found it was a news channel that was putting his picture out. And I knew it had to be real."

Terry Gray, a Collman family friend told Eyewitness News, "I figure that probably mister Stockelman was given the choice of a tattoo or facing the same thing that Katie did. In the early interviews they have with him when he was in prison, when he first got there, it was kind of like a vacation to him, wasn't too bad at all. So I'd say he probably has a change of heart about that now."

At Crothersville kids enjoy a park dedicated to Katie's memory. The people who devoted their time and talent to build the place were shocked at the little girl's killing, but not so shocked about what happened to her killer in prison.

One said, "I think the prisoners did it to him. I'm surprised he hasn't been killed yet."

Another commented, "I can't really see himself doing that. He's probably regarded very low with the other prisoners."

The Corrections Department is also trying to figure out how that photo of the tattoo got out from behind prison walls. They've moved Stockleman to an area of increased security.

Yup, this kinda stuff happens a lot.

Hardened criminals who wouldn't think twice about killing an adult would never lay a hand on a child. Such people cannot stand child killers and once C/Ks come into the population, then they're pretty much marked (even without tattoos).
    It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve856
      I have no idea how correction facilities work, but just how do prisoners know what another prisoner was convicted of and why he is in the facility for? Is there some sort of an announcement when a new prisoner enters the facility, or do the guard disseminate such information, or do the prisoners (or their associates on the outside) go through court records to find this information?

It just seems to me that it really should not be a prisoner's business why another prisoner is incarcerated.
      They read newspapers, watch TV, and get mail from their friends/family in the public.

But usually the inmates tell other inmates why they are incarcerated.
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

As much as prison facilities try to keep such information under wraps, word still does get around. Perhaps the inmates get their info from friends who are on the outside.
        It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Comment

Well whooops, there goes his little secret.

Comment

When an inmate enters general population, the other inmates will insist on seeing his papers (charges/commitment papers).

Comment

how do prisoners know what another prisoner was convicted of and why he is in the facility for?
              When it's a famous case, TV does the trick. We had a child rapist in one pod, and his story came on the news with him and the other inmates just standing there watching it. Almost had a riot. He was PCed for the rest of his stay. The whole jail knew who he was overnight.
              "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Give them a commissary bump. Public service and all that.
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by JasperST View Post
                  Well whooops, there goes his little secret.
                  That may be the next thing that happens to him

Comment

I wonder what this guy did to a smurf:

Comment

Originally posted by PtownVAMike View Post
                      Yup, this kinda stuff happens a lot.

Hardened criminals who wouldn't think twice about killing an adult would never lay a hand on a child. Such people cannot stand child killers and once C/Ks come into the population, then they're pretty much marked (even without tattoos).
                      Rapist and child killers are pretty much at the bottom of the food chain I guess. This guy is both so, he kinda deserves it.
                      Cheers

Comment

According to several news sources, Katie's cousin, who was serving a term in the same facility, has been charged with tattooing the scumbag. Personally i think they should give hm some good time credit.

Comment

Aint karma a bitch.
                          When Society makes war on its police, it better be prepared to make friends of its criminals.

Comment

Personally i think they should give hm some good time credit.
                            Well, you can't just turn a blind eye.

Two days in the hole sounds about right...
                            "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by Steve856

What about electronic communication with the outside aside from broadcast? Do the inmates have access to the internet, cell phones, messaging services, etc.?

Not legally

Some agencies are allowing email to/from inmates. This is HIGHLY regulated and in essence doesn't have the inmate ACTUALLY connected to the Internet------------ The specifics of the systems are freely available on the internet if you are really interested knowing how they work . http://thegazette.com/2011/08/05/jail-mail/

Cell phones are expressly prohibited inside prisons (even for staff)-----------MANY states make it a felony to bring a cell phone into a prison by ANYONE....................... Yes there are cell phones in prison and yes prisoners have cell phones in prison.
                              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3162 users online. 208 members and 2954 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X