300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sadly, you won't see this on the 9 PM News

A Chief speaks his mind. I like this guy.

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

That was great.

Comment

While I like the chief's candid response to the media about violence in his community, this is the same chief that recently fired an officer for frisking a mentally ill subject at night. The subject became combative, disarmed the officer of his baton, and began striking the officer with it. The officer shot the suspect, killing him. Chief Flynn said the officer violated department policy by "unnecessarily" frisking a mentally ill subject which the chief believed escalated the situation (as if mentally ill people never carry weapons or are never combative, which this person clearly was). The department recently held a vote of no confidence in Chief Flynn with 99.3% of the voting officers voting "no confidence."

Source: http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwauk...281078832.html
      "Screw that. We can make bullets faster than they can make terrorists. Kill them all. Every last one." -Interceptor

Comment

Originally posted by LPSS View Post
        While I like the chief's candid response to the media about violence in his community, this is the same chief that recently fired an officer for frisking a mentally ill subject at night. The subject became combative, disarmed the officer of his baton, and began striking the officer with it. The officer shot the suspect, killing him. Chief Flynn said the officer violated department policy by "unnecessarily" frisking a mentally ill subject which the chief believed escalated the situation (as if mentally ill people never carry weapons or are never combative, which this person clearly was). The department recently held a vote of no confidence in Chief Flynn with 99.3% of the voting officers voting "no confidence."

Source: http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwauk...281078832.html
        Remember Chief Flynn did that because he likely didnt want the "community calling him racist and transforming Miwaulkee into another Ferguson spectacle for the liberal media to make a field day out of.

What he spoke in the interview was an emotional outburst that came from the heart of how he truly feels.It has to be frustrating for someone in his position knowing what the problem is but being afraid to say it for fear of his job,reputation and being called racist.

Sometimes I think the stronghold that the lefties have on the very social structure of this country is in place for the sole purpose of their amusement.

Comment

It don't matter if all the statistics the chief cites are true. One allegation of police racism trumps all that. The sad part is nobody cares how many people of color are killed by their own as long as it wasn't the white police.

Comment

The "racists" aren't always behind the badge!

The Chief has it right...the "anti-racists" will use any incident as an opportunity to promote their own agendas, hype the press and sell the biased "news"!
            The killing of a person of color by another person of color just isn't as important or news-worthy...it happens every day. A judgment call based on the circumstances, right OR wrong, will get sensationalized by the media, but ONLY if it can be "racially" motivated . I guess we need to be booger-eating stupid not to see that! MYO

Comment

Hi all I am new to this!

Comment

Sadly, You Won't See This On The 9 PM News

While I don't know much about the history of this Chief and his department, good for him on saying what needs to be said!

Comment

Starbucks called police to complain about him sleeping in Red Arrow Park. A pair of officers checked on Hamilton and found he was doing nothing wrong.
                  That was the whole problem from the get-go, the man was doing nothing wrong and seriously, Starbucks' employees should have gone about their business they were being paid to do and not get involved in such matters.

Flynn has said he fired Manney not for using excessive force, but because he did not follow department rules in the moments leading up to the shooting and engaged in what Flynn described as an "out of policy pat-down.
                  Wow, that one is a real puzzle to me, it seems to me like he threw the officer under the bus possibly to avoid a Ferguson style racial meltdown/riot but that's just my impression on this without really diving headlong into all of the case details.
                  So now a "policy" issue is no longer just say, a two day suspension, or a reprimand, it's just a you are history, pack up your locker contents, turn in your badge, and get out?

Manney was not aware the other officers already had been to the park when he retrieved a voice mail regarding Hamilton's presence there and responded to the call, the chief has said.
                  That brings forth a small internal communications problem which would seem to be one that is a real easy fix, if for nothing else than to avoid officers going to a scene that has already been visited and secured shortly before.
                  Ironically, the whole incident would not have happened were it not for that communications issue causing a doubling of the call response.

As he began to pat-down Hamilton, Hamilton fought him and a confrontation ensued. Manney tried to use his baton to subdue Hamilton, but Hamilton got control of it and swung it at Manney, hitting him on the side of the neck, according to a Milwaukee police internal affairs investigation.

Manney then shot Hamilton repeatedly.
                  There's the whole problem during the visit that caused Hamilton to get himself killed- he attacked the officer, whether Hamilton was drunk, drugged or mentally ill doesn't matter when you are the recipient of the business end of a baton, knife, firearm or fists and become the victim, possibly a potentially dead victim! Manney had the right to defend himself using whatever force he needed to, while to me 14 shots does seem excessive, this explains it well enough to me:

Milwaukee police are trained to shoot to stop a threat, and the weapons they use fire multiple rounds quickly.
                  Flynn's decision to fire Manney was "unjust" and caused unrest throughout the department, which culminated in Thursday's (no confidence) vote.
                  The union said 99.3% of members who voted chose no-confidence in Flynn. The union did not disclose the total number of members who voted but indicated it was a higher than average turnout.
                  Flynn is caught between a rock and a hard place, much like the Russian comet probe is stuck between a rock and a dark place right now, a bad place to be in and which has almost no positive outcome no matter which choice is made, though it seems to me officer Manney was thrown under the bus here, and it would seem his union agrees with this given their vote

Manney had six prior citizen complaints filed with the city's Fire and Police Commission, five of which alleged excessive force, according to records obtained by the Hamilton family. Only one, which alleged discourteousness and incivility, was substantiated.
                  We all know how such complaints are real common, every low life criminal who gets arrested wants to think they are special and that they got the brown end of the stick and were roughly treated, so to get revenge and maybe a little cash out of the deal they complain about "excessive force" or "brutality," but as we read, only one was even substantiated, the one about being "discourteous."

The Hamilton family has said they are pleased Manney will no longer be on the force but still want him criminally charged.
                  Manney had responded to a call for a welfare check because Hamilton was sleeping in the park
                  Yeah I bet they are pleased, though I can't help but wonder that if this family was so "concerned" about Dontre where were they while he was sleeping in the park in the first place? Could it be they are so concerned about him now because they might get some money out of this from a lawsuit...

Comment

We'll hear everything about the officer's past but nothing about Donte's.

Comment

Originally posted by BNWS View Post
                      We'll hear everything about the officer's past but nothing about Donte's.
                      And we should be surprised the officer gets raked over the coals while Hamiltons' family continues demanding "answers" using the media as their personal 15 minutes of fame state and platform?
                      I think since the man was sleeping out in the park they either threw him out of the house, refused to let him live with them and basically washed their hands of him, that is, until they learned he was shot by an officer in a large city, with you know: lots of insurance and big pockets, and CHAAAA-CHINGGGG!!! suddenly they want "in"!

Someone from the media should be raking them over the coals with the hard questions, starting with:

"How come Mr Hamilton was not living with you so he didn't have to sleep in the park?"

"What was the last year you actually communicated with Mr Hamilton and looked into his welfare and living arrangements, job etc?"

"Why did you suddenly come out of the woodwork and become "interested" in his welfare after he was dead, and when you knew there could be a deep pocket insurance payoff?"

"Who is the contingency-fee lawyer you have working on this, and what's his cut?"

Comment

Is that chic really wearing flowers on her head?

W.T.F!
                        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

No ... it's not Carmen Miranda

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                          Is that chic really wearing flowers on her head?

W.T.F!
                          At first, I thought so too, but I think the flowers were behind her. In photography 101, I was taught to compose pictures so that the subjects wouldn't later look like things were growing out of their heads. It wasn't really an option in this instance. :-)

Comment

Yeah it did look like some wierd flower hat for a few moments!
                            What's funny too is if you watch the womans' eyes as the chief speaks, she gets a "deer in the headlights" look when the chief started getting heated up in his speech around two minutes in

Actually, I think the flower "hat" improves her looks, and she's standing so still it almost looks like she is wearing it.
                            Last edited by Sculptor; 11-17-2014, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Props to him for being candid - save for the veiled "gun control" comment about 'high-capacity' firearms being carried by gang members.

I wonder if he (an APPOINTED police chief of the City of Milwaukee) gets along with David Clarke (the ELECTED sheriff of Milwaukee County). No doubt there must be some conflict going on, as the sheriff is accountable to the citizens versus a chief being beholden to a mayor or a city council.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6344 users online. 343 members and 6001 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X