300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What A Woman!!!!

My wife and I recently sold our home in the country and made the big move to the city.

Our new home came with a carpet allowance so the wife chose her carpet, ordered it and I thought that was the end of it.

Next thing I know we're in the mall and she spies a surround sound system (I've been wanting one forever) and after about 5 minutes we're walking out with it. We go home and hook it up to our TV and she makes the remark "You know, I think we need a big screen". The next day she is on the phone cancelling the new carpet and picking up our new 54" HDTV!! "I can buy some rugs. That TV is just too cool" (Her words)

To make it even better our 12 year anniversary was this weekend and her idea of celebrating was to go get a steak and come back to watch the Cowboys and Texans play.

Anybody able to top that? I think I might have found the perfect woman.
    "Trust me. I'm from the government, I'm here to help."

Write back when you wake up
    "Speed is fine, but accuracy is final"--Bill Jordan

Comment

Uh oh.. she's sucking up. next she'll hit you with a big whammo!
      No partner is worth your tears -
      the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

i agree with the above responses.
        A. you ARE dreaming
        or
        B. POW....you are going to get hit up big time for something.

but i will admit. any woman whose idea of a nice evening is a steak dinner and a Cowboys game is alright in my book. does she have a clone sister??

you'll enjoy your surround sound system. i've had one for about 7 years now. in fact i just bought a new Sony receiver about 2 weeks ago to replace my 7 year old one that i was having problems with.

my wife would be quite happy with just a tv and nothing else. NOT ME. i love my surround setup and missed it over the last few months while i was having trouble with my old receiver. she wasn't too keen on me spending $500.00 on a new receiver but oh well. us big boys have to buy some new big boy toys once in a while. i'm still working on the big screen tv though.
        I'll post, You argue.

Comment

Yeah, Im with TX.. WAKE UP MAN!

okay, either she's gota some really really really realy bad news for you. Or she wants something really really really really bad.... so she can throw that back in your face. "well why cant I get a (fill in the blank with something you'd never buy under normal circumstances), since you got a big screen tv WITH surround sound?

Or.....*snickers* Ken, your mother in law is comming to live with you.... AHHAHA AHAHHAHAHAHAHA!
          Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by InSane1:
            Or.....*snickers* Ken, your mother in law is comming to live with you.... AHHAHA AHAHHAHAHAHAHA!

I actually wouldn't mind that. Her MOM can cook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND we get along great.

I really think it's to make up for our lack of time together. She just started nursing school and for the next 1+ years she'll either be studying or in class. She knows what a boobtube junky I am.
            "Trust me. I'm from the government, I'm here to help."

Comment

Let me see...

Wife gives up carpet, and is willing to live on bare plywood, or worse, bare OSB (the stuff that looks like bark and splinters glued together to form "wood") so that you two can afford...

A big screen TV with surround sound.

Every woman I know would live WITHOUT a computer, and with a 13 inch black and white TV with the old-style "rabbit ears" antenna, before she would live in a house devoid of floor coverings.

Forget the inevitable whammo's like mother-in-law coming to live with you. You died and went to heaven!!!

Comment

Hummmm, is she still fertile DADDY? I don't know, just a thought.
                In valor there is hope - Tacitus

Comment

Actually, I can top that....I just don't want you guys to get jealous.
                  "All the people like us are we,
                  And everyone else is They"

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by 209:
                    Actually, I can top that....I just don't want you guys to get jealous.

your wife let you have a go-round with her younger twin sisters???
                    I'll post, You argue.

Comment

My H is gonna like his new big screen TV I just ordered for for no reason at all. We already have surround soundHe deserves it. He works hard and is a great husband and father.

Comment

Some guys just have it too good, huh?

My wife wanted me to go shopping with her Friday but guess where she wanted to go? Academy Sporting Goods! And we ate out at James Coney Island! And I got a new pair of tennis shoes! So Saturday she went to a garage sale & bought a 17 foot canoe! Then went out with the "girls" Saturday night & left me to watch football! Then went to her school after church leaving me to watch football all day! It's a good life!

Comment

I hate to do this to you but I can't resist... After my wife let me buy my big screen and surround sound system she bought me my dream truck. And then she bought the gym equipment I wanted.

[ 09-16-2002, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: valor55 ]
                          I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Comment

Well my wife....

hasn't shown up yet - I'm still single.
                            Ignorance can be remedied, stupidity cannot.

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by PC Instructor:
                              Well my wife....

hasn't shown up yet - I'm still single.

lucky!! that means you can still go out and buy that big screen without anyone b!tching at you about it.
                              I'll post, You argue.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5394 users online. 308 members and 5086 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X