Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sgts needs a new job! And will prob get one!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
    How many times do we have to explain that---------------------real life is not the movies.

This isn't make believe or entertainment. This is real life. One should be professional.

Once again, the profession cleansed itself.
    Iowa you always can put into words exactly what I am thinking!!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve856
      I agree with the second paragraph.

Actually, I don't really have that much problem with the Sgt.'s behavior. To me the Sgt.'s actions seemed acceptable. Yeah, he leaned on them a little, used a few dirty words, and tried to intimidate them with "you wanna f'g resist?" and juvenile "I'll rip your f'g head off and **** down your neck" (as in Stand By Me, or Full Metal Jacket). But so what? If the situations calls for it, then officers need to deal in such way with punks who deserve it.
      Would you have any problems with the behavior of the Sgt. if you were the one getting slapped and threatened?
      Retired

Comment

How many times do we have to explain that---------------------real life is not the movies.

This isn't make believe or entertainment. This is real life. One should be professional.

Once again, the profession cleansed itself.
        Ditto, Iowa. Well said.

.....I also noticed that both of the 'innocent' tards recording the incident were NOT very innocent and we smirking often at the idea that they were taping an incident they obviously knew was gonna get play on YouTube. They dang well knew what they were doing and were quite clearly enjoying the 'gotcha factor'. Along with the fact the if the Sgt lost his job I'm sure both POS will enjoy this incident and find the slap a worthy cost for their effort.

....BUT....whether it was a complete set up or not the actions of the officer were unprofessional and repercussions are required.... now, that being said I remember more than one officer I've known who would eat both of their lunches for them and make them regret such a night on the town....dangerous game to be playing at O'dark-thiry with a cop.
        Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
        “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
        “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
        "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
        ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

My guess is the subjects were up to no good and most likely antagonized the sergeant. This does not excuse the sergeant's behavior, especially slapping the subject. I behave and tell others to behave like they are on camera (they probably are).

Stay safe.
          Last edited by Country_Jim; 11-12-2014, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Langford PR View Post
            Ditto, Iowa. Well said.

.....I also noticed that both of the 'innocent' tards recording the incident were NOT very innocent and we smirking often at the idea that they were taping an incident they obviously knew was gonna get play on YouTube. They dang well knew what they were doing and were quite clearly enjoying the 'gotcha factor'. Along with the fact the if the Sgt lost his job I'm sure both POS will enjoy this incident and find the slap a worthy cost for their effort.

....BUT....whether it was a complete set up or not the actions of the officer were unprofessional and repercussions are required.... now, that being said I remember more than one officer I've known who would eat both of their lunches for them and make them regret such a night on the town....dangerous game to be playing at O'dark-thiry with a cop.
            Well if it was a set-up, then those punks will get what's coming to them. I agree that the officer needed to be professional, but I hope for their sakes they didn't set him up to lose his job.

I also agree that the Sgt should have been fired, only to the extent that he acted unprofessionally and probably also against his department policy. Not because some kids got all butt-hurt.

What goes around comes around.........
            It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by PtownVAMike View Post
              , but I hope for their sakes they didn't set him up to lose his job.
              At the end of the day it really doesn't matter if they set him up to lose his job or not.......................he took the bait.

I really doubt that they planned on him being fired-----------------but it is what it is.
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

At the end of the day it really doesn't matter if they set him up to lose his job or not.......................he took the bait.

I really doubt that they planned on him being fired-----------------but it is what it is.
                Very true Iowa, very true......
                It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTick
                  Did any of you read the interview of the Sgt?

He said that he was wrong and that he definitely wouldn't have done it if he knew he was being filmed.

So Sgt, are you saying that you act differently when you know you are being filmed? I personally don't give a **** whether or not I'm on tape because I stay in bounds,

To me, his statement is telling of his integrity... GTFO...
                  Interesting----------------------No I did not read that interview.
                  Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6707 users online. 383 members and 6324 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X