300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama picks Loretta Lynch as new U.S. Attorney General

Im not racist but its time to turn a new page in "Black History" folks because affirmative action wins again

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/11/06...lack-woman-us/

Im just teasing.

But in all seriousness I have nothing against the woman as I dont know her,but I do know Obama is notorious for making bad picks,I just hope she better than the last one,and Im willing to give her a chance before passing judgement;race shouldnt matter.

The only thing known about her now is that she was ppointed by Bill Clinton as Attorney General in New York City's Eastern District which I imagine can be a tough district.

Here is a little more background on her: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loretta_E._Lynch

Ofcourse CNN is making noise about her being the first female African American Attorney General,although that isnt what concerns me.Her boss is what concerns me.

Another racist Holder...
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
      Another racist Holder...
      You think so?

Why do you speculate that way?just curious.

Comment

Look at the history.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by NextofKin View Post
          Im not racist but its time to turn a new page in "Black History" folks because affirmative action wins again

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/11/06...lack-woman-us/

Im just teasing.

But in all seriousness I have nothing against the woman as I dont know her,but I do know Obama is notorious for making bad picks,I just hope she better than the last one,and Im willing to give her a chance before passing judgement;race shouldnt matter.

The only thing known about her now is that she was ppointed by Bill Clinton as Attorney General in New York City's Eastern District which I imagine can be a tough district.

Here is a little more background on her: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loretta_E._Lynch

Ofcourse CNN is making noise about her being the first female African American Attorney General,although that isnt what concerns me.Her boss is what concerns me.
          I liked her in Coal Miner's Daughter. Oh wait, that was Loretta Lynn.

Seriously though, she appears to be very qualified. The term "prosecutor" could be misleading because there is an assumption that the prosecutor has personally appeared in court and tried hundreds of cases. However, you'll find that many of them, both on the federal and local level, are career politicians and have zero experience as a courtroom prosecutor. A perfect example is Chris Christie who had no experience as a prosecutor before being appointed U.S. Attorney by GW. Lynn, OTOH, actually prosecuted cases before being appointed to the post as U.S. attorney and now AG. Good pick, IMO.

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

Comment

I know the woman and dealt with her personally on an investigative matter. Let's just say that she was polite, but less than fully cooperative.

There are much better choices within DOJ for AG.
            I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

In all fairness Gold badge, there are alone of positions in DC which there are more qualified individuals than the current employee.
              I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                Another racist Holder...
                I agree, she will be no better than holder, another "activist" attorney general..

Comment

It seems that every President picks people who will practically say yes to or agree with anything they do or say.

Regardless of your political persuasion (I'm conservative, by the way) you've got to admit it's true.
                  It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Comment

Obama picks Lynch

Although it's difficult to imagine a more incompetent, criminal, racist, totally unqualified AG than Eric Holder, any Obama appointment has to be suspect. Ms Lynch is no exception. Harry Reid&Co will no doubt try to rush this appointment through the lame duck session of the Congress.

Hopefully, Lynch will be asked some probing, in depth questions, questions which go to the root of her philosophy as a prosecutor, as well as her qualifications. Harry and his crew won't ask these questions.

Still, in the hope and belief that just about anything is better than Holder, maybe we can live with Lynch for a couple of years.

Comment

I believe Lynch's confirmation process will not begin until the new year.

Comment

I admit to not knowing much about her.......but a sound clip from a news broadcast made my BS detector go off. She was saying that voter ID laws in Southern states were geared towards preventing people from exercising their right to vote. I know of NO county or city registrar trying to disenfranchise voters. Ensuring the person voting is who they are supposed to be is NOT racist or discriminatory.

The newly-seated GOP Senate (the House has nothing to do with nominees or their confirmation) needs to get tough with their power of 'advice and consent' as outlined in the US Constitution and run her through the gauntlet. Not to be sour grapes or vindictive over the election, but because it is the right thing to do. We sure as heck do not want another Eric Holder in that position!

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                          Hopefully, Lynch will be asked some probing, in depth questions, questions which go to the root of her philosophy as a prosecutor, as well as her qualifications.

I'd love to hear the following question:

As AG, do you intend to bring closure to Brian Terry's family?

Originally posted by VA Dutch View Post

She was saying that voter ID laws in Southern states were geared towards preventing people from exercising their right to vote. I know of NO county or city registrar trying to disenfranchise voters. Ensuring the person voting is who they are supposed to be is NOT racist or discriminatory.
                          It's not racist, of course, but having far more stringent requirements are perfectly OK when it comes to owning guns. How about we implement universal background checks, a 10 day waiting period, and a voting license system. In the licensing system, you have to show that you've attended a "voting safety" course and must provide a good cause statement on why you should be allowed to vote. I'm all for it! Cause it's for the children, and if it saves one life, then it's worth it. AMIRITE??!
                          Last edited by JustAJ; 11-11-2014, 07:43 AM.

Comment

I do not believe she is very close to the person occupying the WH.
                            September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

Originally posted by JustAJ View Post
                              a "voting safety" course
                              I f'ng love it.
                              September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4460 users online. 293 members and 4167 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X