Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to California, lock your doors.

Brought to you by the voters of California, Prop 47 which took effect immediately

Here's what it all entails,

New law: 459.5 PC the new misdemeanor crime of shoplifting, "Entering any commercial structure with the intent to steal where the value is below $950".

473(b) P.C. Forgery where value is below $950, misdemeanor.

476(a) P.C. NSF where value is below $950, misdemeanor. Unless 3 or more specified crimes.

490.2 P.C. Grand theft of any kind (ie. purse snatching, GTA, theft of firearm), misdemeanor unless the value (which must be factually established at pleading) exceeds $950.

496(a) P.C. Receiving stolen property, misdemeanor unless the value (which must be factually established at pleading) exceeds $950.

666 P.C. Petty theft with a prior (wobbler) only applies to prop 47 ineligible defendants (ie child molesters, rapers, elder abusers, and killers).

11350 H&S Possession of controlled substance (cocaine, heroin, etc) misdemeanor

11377 H&S Possession of controlled substance (meth, PCP, ex, etc) misdemeanor

11357(a) H&S Possession of concentrated cannabis (Hash) misdemeanor.

and for real fun lets open the prison doors....

Proposition 47 also impacts the following:
    Proposition 47 also enacted a new Penal Code section 1170.18, which sets forth
    procedures for those previously convicted and sentenced for one of the above offenses
    to petition for resentencing under the misdemeanor provisions. Unless a court
    determines that the person poses an “unreasonable risk” of committing one of the
    crimes listed in Penal Code section 667(e)(2)(c)(iv), the petitioner will get resentenced
    and his/her conviction will be deemed a misdemeanor for all purposes, except
    possessing firearms. The provisions of “Marsy’s Law” will apply to the resentencing.
    Previous felonies which carried 3-year statutes of limitation and resulted in arrests,
    bookings, higher bail, in-custody filing deadlines, DA prosecution, preliminary hearings
    and felony sentences are now misdemeanor classifications and will generally mean 1-
    year statutes of limitation, citation and release per Penal Code section 853.6, city
    attorney prosecution in some jurisdictions, shorter trial deadlines, and lighter maximum
    sentences.
    Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    Albert Einstein

Wow that is one way to reduce the prison population.
    That's what they do, it's a trailer park.

Comment

I have no idea what the law was before - can you please explain how this changes everything? I'm too lazy to look it all up.

Doesn't look good, though...
      Originally posted by RSGSRT
      We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
      Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Short and sweet...... All those crimes were felonies before the brain dead idiots in California decided on Tuesday that they should be misdemeanors...
        Retired LASD

Comment

Originally posted by Retired96 View Post
          Short and sweet...... All those crimes were felonies before the brain dead idiots in California decided on Tuesday that they should be misdemeanors...
          Seriously?? What a bunch of fu*king idiots.
          Originally posted by RSGSRT
          We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
          Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

The only good thing I can see coming from this is that California criminals will now stop running to Arizona LOL

Comment

Originally posted by HotSoup View Post
              The only good thing I can see coming from this is that California criminals will now stop running to Arizona LOL
              Nevada also checking in.

Comment

That's why this nation was formed as a republic. Most people don't get much past the title of the proposition. It's now illegal to let your son, friend or neighbor borrow your firearm to go to the range or hunt in Washington. They think it will save lives.

Comment

Well, here in the Commonwealth of Virginia, possession of alcohol by a minor is a Class I Misdemeanor (the most serious kind) and it is a felony for your girlfriend to give you oral gratification. Maybe that means we are the polar opposite of the nuts in California.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

This is what happens when voters read no further than the title of a proposition before voting for it. perfect example of what Limbaugh refers to as low information voters.
                    In God We Trust
                    Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

As for the I-194 bill in Washington State, that is nothing short of totally nuts and is obviously aimed at (pun intended) the wrong people.

Then again, most all "gun control" laws share that characteristic.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Originally posted by VA Dutch View Post

Well, here in the Commonwealth of Virginia, possession of alcohol by a minor is a Class I Misdemeanor (the most serious kind) and it is a felony for your girlfriend to give you oral gratification. Maybe that means we are the polar opposite of the nuts in California.
                        I would campaign to remove the felony.
                        Retired

Comment

But...but...but, the majority of the population voted for it, so it MUST be a good idea. right onenutz, or whatever your name is.
                          I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Don't take any paper. Let the idiots who voted for it pay the price when the criminals run rampant...

****ing Clownshoes...
                            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

All in favor of Texas taking over California, say "I".
                              I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6435 users online. 349 members and 6086 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X