300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
    I'll bet that the State of Pennsylvania will fast track (a nod to btfp) Frein to death row and an execution.
    We will see----------------------
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I'll bet that the State of Pennsylvania will fast track (a nod to btfp) Frein to death row and an execution.
      Not until his attorney exhausts all appeals.
      Retired

Comment

Originally posted by retired View Post
        Not until his attorney exhausts all appeals.
        Maybe he'll pull a Timothy McVeigh and waive his appeals.
        I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

Maybe he'll pull a Timothy McVeigh and waive his appeals.
          We can only hope.
          Retired

Comment

Originally posted by Steve856
            Although I understand that many officers really wanted to see this guy caught, when someone told the officers hunting for Mr. Frein: "Hey, in these woods there is guy who is supposedly a marksman, he is survivalist, he hates cops, and he already shot two; go find him!" I'd think that such officers would be pretty worried for their lives.
            Most of the officers, when told this, actually said---------------"ok, lets go"

Most officers are USED to thinking DAILY about getting killed on duty.---------------

Were they apprehensive about the job?----------------Yes

Were they maybe extra careful in their movements?-------------Yes

But other than that-----------------It was just another Monday for the vast majority of the search personnel
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

Originally posted by retired View Post
              We can only hope.
              I don't see it.---------------------This guy wants his time in court, time in the news, and will exhaust all venues

Comment

Anyone else chuckle at the statement made when L.E. Said, "We found him this way." and that they didn't leave a little lasting impression?
                I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                  I don't see it.---------------------This guy wants his time in court, time in the news, and will exhaust all venues
                  No different than McVeigh actually. They get their time in the spotlight during the trial.
                  I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

So was this guy just talk and did not have the balls to shoot anyone? Or did the officers just get lucky? Or was the officers' training?
                    From what the PSP Commissioner said on CNN tonight, apparently Frein had a big interest in the Serbian military (I think he even smoked Serbian cigarettes), especially their snipers. The commissioner said the snipers often scout without their rifle because it's harder to conceal the long gun. Either Frein didn't have a handgun with him, or more likely chose not to use it.
                    That was probably prudent, since he was surrounded by U.S Marshals. Apparently the weaselly puke's plan didn't include a "blaze of glory" exit.

Anderson Cooper also asked the commissioner about why it was important that Frein was handcuffed with the slain corporal's cuffs, and transported in the corporal's cruiser. The commissioner said something to the effect of "it was important only to us, to remind officers everywhere that we are a brotherhood." I like that.

Also according to CNN, Frein said his face got scratched up in the woods.
                    Last edited by RR_Security; 10-31-2014, 09:26 PM.
                    --
                    Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

Originally posted by RR_Security View Post

Anderson Cooper also asked the commissioner about why it was important that Frein was handcuffed with the slain corporal's cuffs, and transported in the corporal's cruiser. The commissioner said something to the effect of "it was important only to us, to remind officers everywhere that we are a brotherhood." I like that.
                      Only the brotherhood will really understand this

Comment

Only the brotherhood will really understand this
                        I know what ya mean, Iowa, but I got it instantly. Maybe because I'm ex military, but I'd bet a lot of people got it. I thought it was a nice touch.

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
                          I know what ya mean, Iowa, but I got it instantly. Maybe because I'm ex military, but I'd bet a lot of people got it. I thought it was a nice touch.
                          Oh I even read where a DEFENSE attorney supported it and "understood"

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/31/opinio...html?hpt=hp_t3

I specifically said "only the brotherhood will REALLY understand". It's much deeper. Yes your past helps you understand better

Comment

They have been having some problems with chemicals...................here is a good test dummy for new drugs
                            Property rooms across the nation are full of heroin, meth, etc that need be be destroyed after trial. Why not give the convicted a dose X 10 out of what is already in stock? A 10 X dose of heroin would do the job and save the taxpayers a few bucks to boot.
                            When you are dead, you don't know you're dead. It is difficult only for the others around you.

It is the same when you are stupid.

Comment

Although I understand that many officers really wanted to see this guy caught, when someone told the officers hunting for Mr. Frein: "Hey, in these woods there is guy who is supposedly a marksman, he is survivalist, he hates cops, and he already shot two; go find him!" I'd think that such officers would be pretty worried for their lives.
                              I swear, you have the ability to state things each day that show how clueless you are.

Every time we walk out the door, we have a target on us. People that want to pounce on every word we say, or every action we take, has created a society where there is an increasingly large number of people that would just as soon see us dead than to see us coming up their street.

These guys knew what they were looking for, and where they were looking for him. They knew what he was capable of, and what he'd already done. Yeah I am sure they were a little extra cautious, but they had a huge advantage. They knew what was (possibly) hunting them.

Officers every day step out without a clue who they are facing or what they may be capable of. It's what we do.

So was this guy just talk and did not have the balls to shoot anyone?
                              Seriously? You ask that? He'd already shot 2, and killed 1. His chilling notes on the event showed he had no emotion over it, other than surprise at "how quickly he dropped". So you would belittle the death of Corporal Dickson and the attempted murder of Trooper Douglas, by asking if the murderer "had the balls" ?? screw you man. Why don't you go find a "Trademark / Copyright Forum" and post where you can stay in your lane. You are done here.

Comment

Yea, I just say one name

Mumia Abu-Jamal
                                Sad but true. But, the difference is in this case Frein is a white, rural, far right wing nut who doesn't have hoards of celebrities and college professors supporting him. Even the sovereigns, open carriers, and militia types have either been silent or supportive of PSP rather than Frein in this matter. But, in the end, I agree, I don't think Frein will ever see a needle, although he'll never see the light of day again.

Originally posted by ateamer
                                Pennsylvania is full of normal people, but a couple big cities are able to control the politics of the whole state. Much like out here in California. If SF and LA were excluded from the vote, California would be one of the most conservative states in the union.

I grew up in PA and would hate to see it go the way of my adopted home.
                                Only on the national level, and the governor's office goes back and forth. The state is not yet gerrymandered so that Philly and Pittsburgh control everything that happens in the rest of the state. Plus, most Democrats from outside the major metro areas are pretty moderate, all things considered. While not perfect, PA is probably the best state in the northeast when it comes to individual liberty and moral values.
                                "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
                                -Chris Rock

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3405 users online. 145 members and 3260 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X