300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who has had to take this test before?

The Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory, and thanks to the government's efficient HR dept have to take it again because they don't accept one from another agency.

I was fine when I went in to take the MMPI.

When I came out, I wanted to burn kittens and cut myself.

Its 3 hours of a complete mind frack.

Comment

In this forum, a better question would be who hasn't? Once for the academy and once again for each agency. I have no idea what they can glean from this thing. "If I was a painter, I'd like to paint pictures of flowers." True or False. Seriously? IDFK!!!

Comment

Lol I would love to know how they "score" it! How they actually read the results. I dont see how some one sits down and grades the 900 some questions.

Comment

It is scored and read usually by a psychologist.......................

The MMPI is scientifically made up and can be scored to show the personality traits that the agency wishes............

It is scored by computer most of the time
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by PSUMedic View Post
            In this forum, a better question would be who hasn't? Once for the academy and once again for each agency. I have no idea what they can glean from this thing. "If I was a painter, I'd like to paint pictures of flowers." True or False. Seriously? IDFK!!!
            That is the easy part of the question. The follow up question would be "if I were a painter and painted pictures of flowers, when I was done - I would want to set them on fire. True/False"

Then would be "If I set fire to my pictures of pretty flowers, I would be sad and want to hurt myself. True / False"

Then when you jump up and scream "I DIDN'T PAINT THE FRIGGIN FLOWERS!!!" -- well, they frown on that.....

Comment

I would like to take it just for fun and answer very randomly and see what the results are. Both times I have taken it was hand written no scantrons or anything so someone did it by hand or entered it into the computer either way that's a lot of work.

Comment

I only hear voices LESS than 50% of the time, so they told me I was good to go!
                "Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned."

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyVet View Post
                  I only hear voices LESS than 50% of the time, so they told me I was good to go!
                  Just as long as you do everything the voices tell you to, you should be OK.
                  Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Or enjoy being a news reporter!

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
                      Just as long as you do everything the voices tell you to, you should be OK.
                      Clearly, you don't know the level of mischieviousness my voices are capable of!
                      "Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned."

Comment

I put down that I'm a chronic masterbater. Apparently, that's exactly what the department was looking for!
                        Originally posted by RSGSRT
                        We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                        Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Originally posted by PSUMedic View Post
                          I have been told that this question relates to a masculinity/femininity scale. Too far to the left or right, depending on gender, raises stability flags that must be interpreted.

Comment

As it was briefly explained to me by my grandfather (psychologist). Basically reads out like a long trending graph. With a section for masculinity/femininity, extrovert/introvert and much more. So basically the higher you are on the graph the more of an extrovert you are. Lower the score the more you are an introvert in that particular section of the trend. So each thing it is testing you for has it's own section along the trend and rates you based on your answers.

Additionally it has sections for certain mental disorders and a devoted section on seeing whether or not you are cheating the test. Essentially they do not want to see any big spikes or huge dips indicating you may be unstable.

His advice was what every LEO on O.com says, "be truthful and don't read to much into the questions."

Comment

Guys in white coats didn't show up at my house with large nets after any of the times I took it, so I guess I'm okay.

It has (especially in the MMPI-2) validity scales "designed to detect non-responding or inconsistent responding; over reporting or exaggerating the prevalence or severity of psychological symptoms; and when test-takers are under-reporting or downplaying psychological symptoms." <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minneso...lity_Inventory>

I read or heard something twenty-plus years ago from a doctor-type who said the MMPI "might be better suited for determining if a candidate was more suited for the booby hatch than the police academy." Well, if ya gotta be a little bit nuts to want to be in law enforcement . . .
                              napoleon.gif
                              --
                              Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12028 users online. 425 members and 11603 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X