Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any officers here deal with chronic pain?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any officers here deal with chronic pain?

Just curious, do any of you folks have chronic pains that you work through on a regular basis??

I ask because i've been dealing with a rather nasty, vice-like tension at the base of my skull on the left side of my head. It came about abruptly on August 9th, and has not let up since (it's constant). Multiple doctor visits have yielded nothing. It drives me insane because it's so close to my brain, it's always on my mind somewhere. Sometimes it's hard for me to focus and study.

Anybody here deal with chronic pain on the job?
    Last edited by Sooner2000; 10-25-2014, 11:36 PM. Reason: Grammatical error.

Not quite as bad as your's, but I've dealt with back pain since before I was an officer. I believe its a result of poor flexibility. Self myofial release seems to help and I'm trying to work on my flexibility to help it. My issue isn't debilitating, more of an annoyance and keeps me from doing certain exercises like deadlifts.
    On a side note, obviously get checked out medically. But if they can't findanything, I'm a big fan of chiropractic and massage.

Comment

I just started chiropractic care, so hopefully I'll get some results. It isn't debilitating, but like yours, it's just incredibly annoying!

Comment

Could it be migraines? I'm surprised they didn't give you migraine medication to try. I get those every once in a while due to stress.

I have CONSTANT pain - mostly because I don't want to have surgery - I'm constantly taking pain killers. I just keep a bottle of Advil at work. Luckily, my FT job isn't very physical.
        Originally posted by RSGSRT
        We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
        Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

My Docs haven't even discussed migraines at all!
          It seems like a muscle, or compressed nerve issue. It can be bothersome when I'm studying up on the Texas Penal Code and I'm getting distracted by the tightness!

Comment

Originally posted by Sooner2000 View Post
            My Docs haven't even discussed migraines at all!
            It seems like a muscle, or compressed nerve issue. It can be bothersome when I'm studying up on the Texas Penal Code and I'm getting distracted by the tightness!
            Might be worth asking them about just to rule it out.
            We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
            Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
              Might be worth asking them about just to rule it out.
              Will do. How bad does your pain get? Has it gotten to the point where it can distract you at times?

Comment

Originally posted by Sooner2000 View Post
                Will do. How bad does your pain get? Has it gotten to the point where it can distract you at times?
                It did. I even had to go to the ER a few times. I don't get them very much anymore. Either that or I'm just tougher.

Comment

Why don't you just ask how many are married?
                  September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

Every time Monty, Steve, et al post...
                    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5105 users online. 285 members and 4820 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X