300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My prediction on Ebola

Here is my shot at predicting what will happen if Obama does what he always does, treat it like a political incident and not a serious threat. It will somehow get into Mexico or South America. From there it will get out of control because their medical facilities are not up to speed with treatment procedures. It will travel north because the people will be fleeing from the virus and going to attempt to get to better hospitals. Mexico will end up with an outbreak worse than West Africa's and they will cross the boarder and into the US and flood the ERs. That is when the real fun will start. You will have fearful Americans arming themselves to keep sick Mexicans away from them and their families. Hospitals will close to all but the most serious cases. Perry and other southern Governors will call out the National Guard to close the southern boarder because Obama will take a moment from campaigning and tell us not to worry.

I would not be surprised if ISIS would try to get one of their people sick with Ebola and send them to Mexico or the US.

Mark my words folks, it is coming to a hospital near you.
    Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

ISIL is already dealing with Ebola in their camps...
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Is that a joke? Do you know how Ebola is transmitted? This outbreak has been going on for months. Why would it spread to Mexico now? You know that 3,000 us troops are in the hot zone now right? A handful of sick people are here in the US and so far only 2 people have had secondary transmission and both of them were at the same location.

I totally see the President not reacting and forcing the individual Governors making ad hoc or regional decisions, at first. Given the CDC and the State of Texas's handling of the Duncan case, I am not impressed.

Viruses and bacteria are not the same thing and methods of infection are as easy as you think.
      semper destravit

Comment

That's just what THEY want you to think. Don't trust THEM. The illuminati is controlling it all.

Comment

I am sorry, let me adjust my tin foil hat.........................................there, that is better. Just sayin, I don't trust this administration and if it goes into Mexico or South America it will be our nightmare. For not being easily transmitted it seems to be slowing getting around. Once the soldiers get back will will have another problem on our hands. I think the Big O wants it here so that the American people will be more vested in finding a cure than if it was just a West Africa problem.
          Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

I heard a theory that Ebola is being brought here on purpose so that pharmaceutical companies can make money off of it. Reason being Africa doesn't have money to spend on medications like we do here. And with Obamacare they're guaranteed a pay check, especially funding by the government to stop a mass outbreak.

Thoughts?
            Originally posted by RSGSRT
            We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
            Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

I don't think it's any more complicated than the government effing up, yet another thing.

Comment

Get a flu shot.... The flu is more deadly than Ebola is....

Just sayin....

Comment

Originally posted by Steve856
                  Conspiracy theories.

About as much credence as cops shooting an unarmed black man so that there is a riot so that police can arrest more protestors so that they could get overtime.
                  Yeah...those people are funny...
                  We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                  Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

we get over time ? do tell,unless you mean the unpaid kind.hell i get enough of that already

Comment

Originally posted by Steve856
                      You do understand the point, don't you?

My point was that conspiracy theories that US pharma companies want to infect people on US soil with ebola virus so that the US pharma companies get to treat the infected people is as much NONSENSE as a conspiracy theory that a cop shot an unarmed black man so that cops would get overtime in the resulting anti-police riot.

Got it?
                      Pharmaceutical companies are multi-BILLION if not TRILLION dollar corporations. Doesn't seem that far fetched to me. The more sick people there are that need their medications, the more money they get.

That's not a good comparison. There would be no way to prove that big pharma did anything on purpose; while it's pretty easy to tell which cop shot the guy.

I'm not a big conspiracy guy - but a lot of people would profit from the treatment of Ebola just like they are profiting from the treatment of Cancer, heart disease, diabetes, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                        Get a flu shot.... The flu is more deadly than Ebola is....

Just sayin....
                        ^^^^This, a hundred times this^^^^

Working in a hospital Ebola is the last thing on my mind here. I'm more worried about the times we got to restrain a combative psych patient and the nurse forgets to mention that they have HIV, mersa, or my favorite: C-diff (which is immune to hand sanitizer and in extreme cases can cause your intestines to explode). Or when I'm posted in the ER lobby when we're at or over capacity and it's the middle of flu season.

In America the flu kills approximately 3,000 people annually. So far Ebola has 1.

Comment

The flu has been around since day one and Ebola is a very recent phenomenon. I've had the flu numerous times and would gladly have it many more than come down with Ebola. I never wore a hazmat suit for the flu.

Comment

Ebola is spreading like wildfire over there because of ignorance. A lot of the spread is via funerals. Note how the occasional cases that spread from there are being stamped out, not establishing themselves. Ebola simply doesn't spread well enough to be a pandemic unless it's being helped on by stupid behavior. Back in the middle ages we knew enough to stop it: Burn the bodies of plague victims.

Comment

Originally posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
                              Ebola simply doesn't spread well enough to be a pandemic unless it's being helped on by stupid behavior.
                              Chairman O are you listening? Never-mind, all this administration knows is stupid behavior.
                              September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6343 users online. 378 members and 5965 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X