Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mass gun attack on Canadian Capitol,FBI asssisting in investigation.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WillBrink
    replied
    Originally posted by NextofKin View Post
    Their saying that already?
    I don't know, I only know that's what they will say in response to it, as that's always the response.

Guess they didnt hear about the kid with 2 butcher knives in PA that stabbed 22 in 2 minutes.
    "But it would have been more killed and wounded had he had an 'assault' rifle."

See how that works?

Leave a comment:

• NextofKin
    replied
    Originally posted by WillBrink View Post
    "But it would have been more killed and wounded had he had an 'assault' rifle." Their responses very easy to predict if you understand their mindset and biases.
    Their saying that already?

Guess they didnt hear about the kid with 2 butcher knives in PA that stabbed 22 in 2 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• WillBrink
    replied
    Also for the anti "assault weapon" libbies......they are now saying the gunman was armed only with an old western style 30-30 lever action rifle which he used to shoot the soldier in the back and wound 3 security officials.
    "But it would have been more killed and wounded had he had an 'assault' rifle." Their responses very easy to predict if you understand their mindset and biases.

Leave a comment:

• AvalancheZ71
    replied
    I understand the Sergeant-at-Arms also had to retrieve his weapon from his office as well.

Leave a comment:

• Langford PR
    replied
    For the first time in a long time I actually agree with the commentators on FOX News.Why are American and Canadian officials blocking these idiots from going overseas? U.S.Airstrikes killed nearly 500 Jihadis in Syria and Iraq just this week alone,let them go ahead and die for Allah over there,the more of them go over there and become "martyrs"......well its like Joseph Stalin said:

"No Man no Problem..."
    I understand the sentiment but its nothing but wishful thinking. Not all or even most of them will get killed 'over there' and they will be a western passport holding 'resource' for ISIS with on the ground knowledge of cities, streets, people, etc 'over here' and they'll eventually end up back here better trained and with a set plan instead of just being a shiitebag loser with a 30-30.

Leave a comment:

• Rudy8116
    replied
    Also, the weapon he had was illegal because of his criminal history. So a guy who can't even purchase a firearm legally in a country with strict gun laws, does this? Unpossible!

Leave a comment:

• NextofKin
    replied
    Also for the anti "assault weapon" libbies......they are now saying the gunman was armed only with an old western style 30-30 lever action rifle which he used to shoot the soldier in the back and wound 3 security officials.

Leave a comment:

• NextofKin
    replied
    For the first time in a long time I actually agree with the commentators on FOX News.Why are American and Canadian officials blocking these idiots from going overseas? U.S.Airstrikes killed nearly 500 Jihadis in Syria and Iraq just this week alone,let them go ahead and die for Allah over there,the more of them go over there and become "martyrs"......well its like Joseph Stalin said:

"No Man no Problem..."
    Last edited by NextofKin; 10-23-2014, 06:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• WillBrink
    replied
    Originally posted by JasperST View Post
    The news (CBS) said their weapons are for show only, they don't even get a bullet for the pocket.
    Well that sucks balls. BTW, I had two friends who were detectives and on the SWAT team in a major metro area of Canada, and they had to leave their guns at work after their shift. I don't know if that's still the case, but I would never be an LEO under such conditions.

Anyone from Canada and or know enough about current policy for LEO in Canada to confirm if still the case?

Leave a comment:

• Max K
    replied
    Originally posted by WillBrink View Post
    Did I just miss the boat or was the auto injury and death news to you as part of the shooting incident?
    I heard something about the car jihad with half an ear, a few days ago, maybe on the radio, I don't remember, but I didn't actually LOOK AT the story (I figured it's just another religion-of-peace update). Then again, I read counter-jihad websites, so I migjht have had a better chance of hearing about it.

At least the Sergeant-At-Arms got some recognition today:

Leave a comment:

• JasperST
    replied
    The news (CBS) said their weapons are for show only, they don't even get a bullet for the pocket.

Leave a comment:

• WillBrink
    replied
    Originally posted by JasperST View Post
    Geez, even Canada isn't safe. The Sergeant of Arms sure earned his keep.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0IB1PY20141022
    Fantino said parliament's head of security, Sergeant-at-Arms Kevin Vickers, a former member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), had shot a suspect dead.
    "All the details are not in, but the sergeant-at-arms, a former Mountie, is the one that engaged the gunman, or one of them at least, and stopped this," Fantino said. "He did a great job and, from what I know, shot the gunman and he is now deceased."
    Q, anyone know if the ARs the guards carry are loaded? They are not for guards at Arlington, and they don't have an AR. I believe they have ceremonial M14, but correct me as needed on that. I was not sure from the above with what the Sgt engaged (now) dead sh^% head.

Leave a comment:

• WillBrink
    replied
    Did you all know about the two soldiers run over by the Islamist convert before this shooting? I didn't until the shooting. One injured and one dead via car (by Islam convert also), one dead via firearm. Single death by firearm, all hell breaks lose and international news. This is fairly apples to apples and happened back to back, yet the auto incident seemed an attached story to the shooting.

Not to dismiss in any way the death by firearm of the soldier in Canada, but does this not smack heavy of the text book example of use of a firearm being treated completely different than by auto, even though the auto cause more damage? Did I just miss the news or 'net discussions about the terrorist auto incident and you knew about it?

Did I just miss the boat or was the auto injury and death news to you as part of the shooting incident? After searching I did find stories of the auto incident, but seemed to only become a "big" story once a fire arms was involved shortly after, or am I just off base in that assessment?

Leave a comment:

• Shush
    replied
    Originally posted by G_19 View Post
    I'm glad Canada's PM refers to it as a terrorist attack. Here, our President refuses to refer to any US event during his presidency as terrorism.
    If it were here, they would try to say that since the assailant was a voter, and parliament was elected, then the members of parliament actually worked for the assailant, therefore it's just a case of workplace violence. And since the soldiers pay came from taxes, and taxes are paid by the citizens, then again - workplace violence. And because it happened to have occurred where they work - well, you get the idea.

Leave a comment:

• Mulgrave600
    replied
    This is ridiculous. The bloke in Melbourne that stabbed the two coppers and this bloke are both citizens of the countries they attacked.

I know Canada has had issues with domestic terrorism before but we haven't and it's only going to get worse.

I was surprised to hear that the gunman actually made it into the Parliament though. Sounds like they're about to get a security overhaul.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3782 users online. 268 members and 3514 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X