Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mass gun attack on Canadian Capitol,FBI asssisting in investigation.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mass gun attack on Canadian Capitol,FBI asssisting in investigation.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/22/world/...html?hpt=hp_t1

News is still breaking but Police and government officials in Ottawa have the city center on lockdown right now after reports of atleast 3 gunmen opening fire on a Shopping Mall,War Memorial and inside the Parliment building all within close proximity to one another.Unconfirmed but the Canadian Prime Minister is believed to have been one of the targets(he was not harmed and evacuated from the area)

ATleast one gunman is dead and 2 others believed to be a Canadian soldier and unarmed security officer have been wounded.The search is on for possibly 2 more suspects.

Right now there is questioning as to whether or not this multiple gun attack may be tied to an earlier attack in the week in which a Canadian LEO was killed in a car ramming incident by a ISIS terrorism supporter.

Because of possible links to terrorism the U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security and Secret Service are on heightened alert,the Canadian Embassy in Washington DC is on lockdown and the FBI is assisting Canadian authorities in the investigation. STAY TUNED!
    Last edited by NextofKin; 10-22-2014, 01:03 PM.

I bet it was those Christian terrorists again (either the Baptist Brigades or the Methodist Militia). You know, the ones who are always on the news after killing scores of people for failing to submit to their religion.
    https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg

List of Islamic terror attacks in the last 30 days

Comment

Geez, even Canada isn't safe. The Sergeant of Arms sure earned his keep.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0IB1PY20141022
      Fantino said parliament's head of security, Sergeant-at-Arms Kevin Vickers, a former member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), had shot a suspect dead.
      "All the details are not in, but the sergeant-at-arms, a former Mountie, is the one that engaged the gunman, or one of them at least, and stopped this," Fantino said. "He did a great job and, from what I know, shot the gunman and he is now deceased."

Comment

But................even the police can't carry guns in Canada when off duty...........................how can a citizen?
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
          But................even the police can't carry guns in Canada when off duty...........................how can a citizen?
          Probably something to do with the NRA, the Repubs, and of course the Koch brothers.

Comment

Did you see all those militarized officers and the armored vehicle used for evacuations?!?

Yeah - those opposed to LE having that equipment can eat an entire bag of dicks.
            Originally posted by RSGSRT
            We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
            Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

I'm glad Canada's PM refers to it as a terrorist attack. Here, our President refuses to refer to any US event during his presidency as terrorism.

Comment

Islamic radical.
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

RIP Nathan Cirillo

Some good folks trying to save him:

His dog, awaiting his master's return:

Kevin Vickers, moments after handling business:

Last edited by Carbonfiberfoot; 10-23-2014, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                    Islamic radical.
                    F**king coward is more like it.
                    Originally posted by RSGSRT
                    We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                    Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

This is ridiculous. The bloke in Melbourne that stabbed the two coppers and this bloke are both citizens of the countries they attacked.

I know Canada has had issues with domestic terrorism before but we haven't and it's only going to get worse.

I was surprised to hear that the gunman actually made it into the Parliament though. Sounds like they're about to get a security overhaul.

Comment

Originally posted by G_19 View Post
                        I'm glad Canada's PM refers to it as a terrorist attack. Here, our President refuses to refer to any US event during his presidency as terrorism.
                        If it were here, they would try to say that since the assailant was a voter, and parliament was elected, then the members of parliament actually worked for the assailant, therefore it's just a case of workplace violence. And since the soldiers pay came from taxes, and taxes are paid by the citizens, then again - workplace violence. And because it happened to have occurred where they work - well, you get the idea.

Comment

Did you all know about the two soldiers run over by the Islamist convert before this shooting? I didn't until the shooting. One injured and one dead via car (by Islam convert also), one dead via firearm. Single death by firearm, all hell breaks lose and international news. This is fairly apples to apples and happened back to back, yet the auto incident seemed an attached story to the shooting.

Not to dismiss in any way the death by firearm of the soldier in Canada, but does this not smack heavy of the text book example of use of a firearm being treated completely different than by auto, even though the auto cause more damage? Did I just miss the news or 'net discussions about the terrorist auto incident and you knew about it?

Did I just miss the boat or was the auto injury and death news to you as part of the shooting incident? After searching I did find stories of the auto incident, but seemed to only become a "big" story once a fire arms was involved shortly after, or am I just off base in that assessment?
                          - Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

Originally posted by JasperST View Post
                            Geez, even Canada isn't safe. The Sergeant of Arms sure earned his keep.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0IB1PY20141022
                            Fantino said parliament's head of security, Sergeant-at-Arms Kevin Vickers, a former member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), had shot a suspect dead.
                            "All the details are not in, but the sergeant-at-arms, a former Mountie, is the one that engaged the gunman, or one of them at least, and stopped this," Fantino said. "He did a great job and, from what I know, shot the gunman and he is now deceased."
                            Q, anyone know if the ARs the guards carry are loaded? They are not for guards at Arlington, and they don't have an AR. I believe they have ceremonial M14, but correct me as needed on that. I was not sure from the above with what the Sgt engaged (now) dead sh^% head.
                            - Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

The news (CBS) said their weapons are for show only, they don't even get a bullet for the pocket.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7165 users online. 382 members and 6783 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X