X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biden's son out of the Navy after positive cocaine test

http://www.ajc.com/news/ap/political...ug-test/nhmDd/

Sources: Biden son out of Navy after drug test

WASHINGTON — Hunter Biden, the youngest son of Vice President Joe Biden, has been expelled from the military after testing positive for cocaine, two people familiar with the matter say.

The Navy said that Biden, a former lobbyist who works at a private equity firm, was discharged in February — barely a year after he was selected for the part-time position as a public affairs officer in the Navy Reserve. Citing privacy laws, the Navy did not give a reason for the discharge, which was not disclosed until it emerged in the media on Thursday.

In a statement released by his attorney, Biden said he respected the Navy's decision and was moving forward with his family's love and support. He did not give a reason for his discharge.

"It was the honor of my life to serve in the U.S. Navy," Biden said. "I deeply regret and am embarrassed that my actions led to my administrative discharge."

The vice president's office declined to comment. Hunter Biden's attorney didn't respond to inquiries about whether Biden had used cocaine.

Two people familiar with the situation said Biden, 44, was discharged because he failed a drug test last year. They weren't authorized to discuss the incident by name and requested anonymity. The Wall Street Journal first reported Biden's discharge and failed drug test.

An attorney by training, Biden applied to join the Navy Reserve as a public affairs officer and was selected in 2012 — one of seven candidates recommended for a direct commission for public affairs. A board of senior Navy officers interviewed Biden before making the recommendation.

Because he was 42 at the time, he needed a special waiver to be accepted. Cmdr. Ryan Perry, a spokesman for the Navy, said Biden had been assigned to the Navy Public Affairs Support Element East, based in Norfolk, Virginia.
    The terms of Biden's separation from the Navy were unclear. Typically, military members discharged for failing drug tests don't receive an honorable discharge.

The vice president speaks about his children frequently during public appearances. In December, Hunter Biden and one of his daughters accompanied the elder Biden on a trip to Asia, where the vice president praised his son's work around the world as the chairman of the World Food Program USA.

"I'm so incredibly proud of him," Vice President Biden said.

Earlier this year, Hunter Biden raised eyebrows when he joined the board of a private Ukrainian gas company, just as his father and the Obama administration were working to wean Ukraine off Russian energy. At the time, the vice president's office brushed aside questions about the arrangement by saying that the younger Biden was a "private citizen."

Biden, a managing partner at investment firm Rosemont Seneca Partners, has three children. His older brother, Beau Biden, is Delaware's attorney general and an Army National Guard member who served a yearlong deployment in Iraq.

That's what happens when non-qualified people are given waivers...
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

So did he have to go through a physical agility test? Is he going to be disbarred? A discharge other than honorable would not bode well for his career. What an idiot. maybe his daddy will try to get a waiver for the State Police?

Comment

I'm suprised that creepy Joe didn't waive a shotgun into the air, fire a couple of shells, and order them to take his son back...
        I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Last I knew, the military was very, very selective on who they granted age waivers to. I, and everyone else I swore in with was young (enlisted side). I think our oldest was 25, or something like that. Only reason he made it in was because he's Biden's son. Screwed all that up didn't ya bud.

Comment

It won't matter, for the same reason (biden's son). The only real reason I can see that he even was doing it was as a political move for later anyway (look, he has military experience). Guy is an idiot. Glad he is out of my Navy.

Comment

We shouldn't be so critical. If I had Crazy Joe in the house for the first eighteen years of my life, I'd probably need something to take the edge off too.

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

I don't think you guys are giving the Navy enough credit. I mean, the kid did get an other-than-honorable discharge, which as I understand is the normal sanction for any regular guy caught with drugs in his system. If someone was pulling strings, it would have been hushed up and he'd still be filling his bull**** make-work "I can say that I'm a veteran when I go for public office" post.

Comment

Originally posted by kermit315 View Post
                  It won't matter, for the same reason (biden's son). The only real reason I can see that he even was doing it was as a political move for later anyway (look, he has military experience). Guy is an idiot. Glad he is out of my Navy.
                  And here I thought political moves were exclusive to police departments.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
                    I'm suprised that creepy Joe didn't waive a shotgun into the air, fire a couple of shells, and order them to take his son back...
                    HAaAaaaaHAAaAaaaHAaaaaHAAaaaaW Sire Officer 8116 dat' loves donuts, I dink that's "fire two blasts through da' doe' or bulkhead tiz' moe appropriate's...

I wreally dink Joey is mentally retarded, hell he's dumber dan' me!!! .....So we got a rag headed Muslim terrorist and a retard runn'in da' joint....Ohhh I long fer' slick willy!!!
                    Originally posted by mookster
                    Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                    Originally posted by CityCopDC
                    I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                    Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                    I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                    -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

I think "what's his nuts" wanted to get kicked out. He thought swabbing the deck meant something else.
                      I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4160 users online. 228 members and 3932 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X