300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support this petition.

Everyone who wants to support this cause please sign this petition and share it around. If it reaches 100,000 signatures within 30 days it will reach the white house and the president.
    There are pro police Facebook groups with over 300,000 followers.
    I think this is a law that is way overdue in this country.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...ficer/bfbLL9SP

Here's what it says:

WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO:
    Automatic death sentence to those convicted of killing a police officer.
    Police officers are in charge of ensuring the peace, stability and safety of this country and to protect the innocent from those who do evil. Those who commit murder against the peacekeepers of this nation have made it clear that they are enemies of the state and radical homegrown domestic terrorist who are not compatible with the peace and security that envelops this nation.

Upon being convicted of murdering a peace officer the defendant shall not be given a sentencing phase but instead be given an automatic death by lethal injection sentence and have priority in death row so that they are moved to the front of the line and executed as soon as possible.

Implementing this law in all fifty states will ensure that we preserve a nation of law abiding people who wish to live in peace.

Created: Oct 09, 2014

I didn't sign it (because of the muddled thinking). If there is a case to be made for this, it should be well thought-out and strongly argued, by somebody who knows the criminal justice system (not this guy).
    https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg

List of Islamic terror attacks in the last 30 days

Comment

No kidding. Even if the petition gets enough signatures and the Pres actually looks at it, he will defer the adoption of the death penalty back to the individual states.

Comment

Why only those who kill police officers? Why not all murderers?

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
          No kidding. Even if the petition gets enough signatures and the Pres actually looks at it, he will defer the adoption of the death penalty back to the individual states.
          This. 1st off this President will never sign this. To him, we are the enemy. 2nd the Federal Government has absolutely no standing in regards to State sentencing guidelines. The only cases that would be affected by this law is when a Federal Law Enforcement Officer is killed in the line of duty. But again this President has zero respect for the Law Enforcement Community at large and will never sign this law.

Comment

The only cases that would be affected by this law is when a Federal Law Enforcement Officer is killed in the line of duty
            ...or when a state or local officer is killed on a federal reservation.

Support this petition.
            No. It's stupid.
            "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post

No. It's stupid.

Then I guess we will continue allowing cop killers to get paroled in as little as 20 years or give a speech to a graduating college class.

Comment

Originally posted by altaccount1992 View Post
                Then I guess we will continue allowing cop killers to get paroled in as little as 20 years or give a speech to a graduating college class.
                You fail to understand how our government works. The Pres (and the U.S. Gov't) cannot mandate the death penalty be adopted by the individual states.

Comment

Originally posted by altaccount1992 View Post
                  Your petition is pointless. Even IF these petitions had any impact, which they don't, the federal government doesn't have the power to do what you want it to do, nor should it have.

Your efforts should be directed at the legislatures of the several states. THEY pass most of the laws dealing with the issue you're trying to address.
                  "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
                    You fail to understand how our government works. The Pres (and the U.S. Gov't) cannot mandate the death penalty be adopted by the individual states.
                    The only way this would be remotely possible would be for a law to be passed by CONGRESS making the murder of a police officer a federal crime.

NOTE FOR altaccount1992---------------------Here is your weekly civics lesson

That would entail having the bill passed by a majority of the 535 voting members of Congress(House of Representatives & Senate) AND THEN have the bill signed by the president.

THAT is just plain not going to happen with the present sitting government.
                    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Steve856
                      Even if Congress were to pass such a law, it would be unconstitutional. The Supreme Court allows capital punishment only under very strictly defined circumstances. The majority of murders do not qualify for capital punishment. Further, limiting of the judicial proceedings and to the appeal process, would also be incontrovertibly unconstitutional.
                      You have already proven you don't know what is and what is legal much less constitutional.

You can't say some mythical law would be unconstitutional if you haven't read the law.........................

The law could be written to pass constitutional muster
                      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

Uhm, hears a suggestion....send it to your principle and maybe it'll work for your hall monitor.

....just saying.
                        Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
                        “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
                        “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
                        "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
                        ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

You can't say some mythical law would be unconstitutional if you haven't read the law..
                          Automatic death sentence to those convicted of killing a police officer.

That's all I need to read. No automatic death sentence is going to pass Constitutional muster.

Comment

forgot you can't argue with idiots;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Comment

Yep. Idiots...

Now, a petition for automatic death penalty for trolls and idiot posters... That's something I'll sign!
                              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5770 users online. 342 members and 5428 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X