300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part/full time SWAT teams

From my reading of various departments' websites, it seems to be a slowly growing trend among larger departments, Indy Metro, Orange County (CA) Sheriff, and Metro Nashville to name a few, to have SWAT units that are mostly part time units but with a core of guys who are full time SWAT. I was just curious as to how this works. Are the FT guys always doing SWAT, or is there a rotation (i.e. one week you may be doing normal patrol and on call for SWAT call outs, the next week, you're doing strictly SWAT duties for your entire shift)? Do the full time guys all work on one team at peek hours, or do they have them scattered throughout the shifts? I'm sure this varies greatly from department to department, so I was just wondering how it worked for those of you on such a department that has this set up.
    "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
    -Chris Rock

Originally posted by GangGreen712 View Post
    From my reading of various departments' websites, it seems to be a slowly growing trend among larger departments, Indy Metro, Orange County (CA) Sheriff, and Metro Nashville to name a few, to have SWAT units that are mostly part time units but with a core of guys who are full time SWAT. I was just curious as to how this works. Are the FT guys always doing SWAT, or is there a rotation (i.e. one week you may be doing normal patrol and on call for SWAT call outs, the next week, you're doing strictly SWAT duties for your entire shift)? Do the full time guys all work on one team at peek hours, or do they have them scattered throughout the shifts? I'm sure this varies greatly from department to department, so I was just wondering how it worked for those of you on such a department that has this set up.
    For the most part a FULL time SWAT officer is just that --------------assigned to the unit full time. Part Time SWAT officers are assigned to some other unit but are called in and "activated" for SWAT actions. Those are two separate job descriptions

Staffing and shifts are very departmental centric---------------------
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6110 users online. 371 members and 5739 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X