300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please tell me this isn't true.

Cause if it is, it's more than just a civil matter, IMO. As in False Imprisonment and Official Misconduct. Not saying it is so I totally give the trooper the benefit of the doubt. But if it is, why does he still have a job?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_5942620.html

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

He is way out of his lane.

Imagine if this were a NYPD officer handing out Muslim literature...

Comment

Muslims are protected territory.

But even being the Chaplain, I know there is a time and place to share your faith and the traffic stop isn't it.
      Officer Jay McGuire, Minneapolis Park Police EOW 5/14/2009 age 11
      Among Texas' finest
      Deputy Andy Taylor, Llano County SO EOW 5/9/2005
      Senior Deputy Jessica Laura Hollis, Travis County SO EOW 9/18/2014
      Darren H. Goforth, Harris County SO EOW 8/28/2015

Comment

That's cool. If that had been me as the driver I would have requested a supervisor on the spot. You so rarely get a REAL violation of the US Constitution. Of course, if she made this whole thing up... That's a one way ticket to vexatious litigant town!
        semper destravit

Comment

Originally posted by RGDS View Post
          That's cool. If that had been me as the driver I would have requested a supervisor on the spot. You so rarely get a REAL violation of the US Constitution. Of course, if she made this whole thing up... That's a one way ticket to vexatious litigant town!
          As a civilian it wouldn't have occurred to me that requesting a supervisor there would have had any effect--I would have filed a complaint after the fact.

Comment

If this is true, then I disagree that this was the time or place for the trooper to be conducting personal business and evangelizing.

However, I think the lawsuit itself is unwarranted and frivolous. This situation could have been resolved by filing a complaint and a subsequent internal affairs investigation. I think Ms. Bogan is hard pressed to argue that she was coerced when she agreed to engage in conversation three different times, by her own admission. Furthermore I think she's hard pressed to argue that she was unnecessarily detained for a significant period of time when the entire conversation would have lasted probably less than two minutes. Furthermore, if this is all that it takes for a situation to be "extremely upsetting" to Ms. Bogan than I suspect that some counseling might be in order to assist her with her very fragile emotions.

Oh, and her ACLU attorneys need to brush up on their basic grammar.
            "Screw that. We can make bullets faster than they can make terrorists. Kill them all. Every last one." -Interceptor

Comment

Originally posted by Ex Army MP View Post
              Cause if it is, it's more than just a civil matter, IMO. As in False Imprisonment and Official Misconduct.
              The trooper's conduct amounts to neither unlawful imprisonment nor official misconduct under Indiana State law.
              "Screw that. We can make bullets faster than they can make terrorists. Kill them all. Every last one." -Interceptor

Comment

Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
                He is way out of his lane.

Imagine if this were a NYPD officer handing out Muslim literature...
                I'm going to go with "nothing would happen" becuase anyone who spoke out or took action against an officer for it would be immediately accused of being anti-muslim and ordered to attend sensitivity training.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5129 users online. 290 members and 4839 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X